FS19 to FS22 conversion Renault tractor with permission

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Shured

FS19 to FS22 conversion Renault tractor with permission

Post by Shured »

Dear All, the Renault 110-14 from 1989 is needed to complete the collection of machines from my grandfathers farm in the nineties.
There is an orange FS17 110-54 and a white special edition FS19 110-14 model.

I started conversion (and learning how to) of the FS19 model to FS22, including blender, reshading and all. Now it is slowly getting somewhere, after 100s of hours... Tractor is error free and working in FS22, now i only need it to make it look a little better. It might be good enough to be submitted to modhub, and there are not many Reanults in game anyways.

Now my question is, should i ask permission to the builder of the FS19 model? And how do i get in touch? username I have is from modDesc is ApocalipseYT (french speaking i believe). Is this a matter of kindness or is conversion of FS19 models allowed... I plan to anyway mention him/her in the modDesc and narrative...
Thanks for helping out, hu**

btw, i am making it into an orange 145-14 Turbo ;)
@ApocalipseYT will not work i guess
Dogface

Re: FS19 to FS22 conversion Renault tractor with permission

Post by Dogface »

hu** wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:38 pm Now my question is, should i ask permission to the builder of the FS19 model?
Yes, you need someone's permission to publish their work. Even if you have added to their work.
Shured

Post by Shured »

thx Dogface, i will try to find ApocalipseYT online
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello
It looks like you can find him on a French mod website. I don't know if I can name it here but it's "queen's husband" mods dot net
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github