Convert placeable into shopitem

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
sablerock

Convert placeable into shopitem

Post by sablerock »

Guys
I found a placeable factory on a map I want to copy to my map. But when I open the i3d file that is in the factory.xml, only the triggers/markers are there. In what file is the actual building? Tricky business.
Help
TheSuBBie

Re: Convert placeable into shopitem

Post by TheSuBBie »

Is the building visible in GE ??
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

No, only the triggers/stripes and so on.
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

The whole thing is only visible in map.i3d
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Getting a bit confused
Is the building visible in GE ??
No, only the triggers/stripes and so on.
The whole thing is only visible in map.i3d

If the whole thing is visible in GE in the map.i3d then you should be able to select the building and export selection with files and open the resulting i3d in your map, once done add the trigger/stripes placeable to your placeables.xml at the location you placed the new i3d.
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

I did exactly that. In map.i3d Selected the transform group, exported with files and save as myfactory.i3d. When I open this i3d in GE, the building doesn’t show.
If you want, the map is RECANTO DA ALVORADA, and file in placeables is COFFEEMILL.xml. Also noticed that coffeemill.i3d don’t have clearareas, AI.
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

Pls note, I DONT want it as a placeable on my map. I want to purchase from shop, and place where I like
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The reason you can't see it in GE is that the main transform (cafeFabrica) is at 0,0,0 the children ( PortaoArm2,Galpao3) are at the location they are in the map not at zero, open your myfactory.i3d and select the transform group Galpoa3 then hit 'F'' on the keyboard. Then reset all the transforms to zero for both PortaoArm2 and Galpao3 to put them at the default location.
I DONT want it as a placeable on my map. I want to purchase from shop, and place where I like
You will have to create your own placeable using the myfactory.i3d, for refrence on how to do this see the easySheds in the game data/placeables folder
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

You’re beyond awesome. That did it. Now for the major challenge of the missing transforms: CLEARAREAS, levelareas, testareas, tipoccl…, collision, productionpoint. O man. Do you have document explaining what each one does ingame. I know clearareas defines the space where everything will be cleaned for building. Testareas is the area when entered will show the production info. Levelareas is the size of the level area to place building. Tipocc… I don’t quite get. Collision I also don’t quite get. Productionpoint must contain all triggers/stripes. I assume cafeFabrica can be renamed to “visual”?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

First off you will need to combine the coffee Mill i3d with your new myfactory.i3d and set up where you want the loading triggers etc to be.

As I said previously use the easySheds in the game data/placeables folder.
Open the largest shed in GE and see how the relevant 'Areas' are set up then do the same for your i3d.
Your new areas will have to include the loading/warning stripes area's.

Have a look at this mod it should help you in setting everything up correctly

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... le=fs2022
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:02 pm Have a look at this mod it should help you in setting everything up correctly.
Very sexy. And I appreciate the vote of confidence. :wink3:
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

Its very nice man
sablerock

Post by sablerock »

https://www.reddit.com/r/farmingsimula ... utm_term=1Thesubbie, could I invite you to join us here. We really need someone with your knowledge