Xbox One Controller and Xbox Thrustmaster T248 detected as Playstation Controller

roomy

Xbox One Controller and Xbox Thrustmaster T248 detected as Playstation Controller

Post by roomy »

This is driving me absolutely mad.

This setup was working perfectly fine until yesterday, For whichever reason, my Xbox One controller is being detected as a Playstation controller whenever I have my Xbox Thrustmaster T248 connected.

If I disconnect my Xbox Thrustmaster T248, my controller is detected as an Xbox One controller. If I connect my Xbox Thrustmaster T248 my controller is detected as a playstation controller and the helper menu displays all playstation controls.

I have reinstalled everything, it's driving me crazy. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Or know of a fix?

I noticed in the key bindings menu for the Xbox Thrustmaster T248 the controls are all PlayStation Controls? I cannot seem to fix this i've tried everything.

**Update**

After 24 frustrating hours I finally figured this out. For whichever reason the game was detecting my Xbox Thrustmaster T248 as the primary controller. As the game currently detects this particular steering wheel as the PlayStation variant of the T248 *more on that later* this explains why the helper menu was showing Playstation controls instead of Xbox controls.

It took many attempts to correct the inputBinding.xml file. Basically reconnecting/disconnecting the controller and steering wheel hundreds of times in different combinations to fix the file.

Now that I have a working inputBinding.xml (which I've backed up). The Xbox Thrustmaster T248 is still being detected as the PlayStation T248 variant. I whittled this issue down to the latest firmware of the steering wheel which is 2.03.

The game however does not support this firmware version, to fix that the following line needs to be changed in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\inputDevices_v2\ThrustmasterT248_XBOX.xml

From
<productKey versionId="0200" vendorId="044F" productId="B696"/>

To
<productKey versionId="0203" vendorId="044F" productId="B696"/>

That fixes that issue, I hope this may help someone experiencing the same issue.

**Update**

Thought this issue was fixed but it's not, logged an official bug with latest firmware of 2.03 for Xbox Thrustmaster T248 on PC.
jimerb

Re: Xbox One Controller and Xbox Thrustmaster T248 detected as Playstation Controller

Post by jimerb »

I have the same problem. Cannot figure out a fix either. I taped the playstation icons to the center of my wheel as a temp fix but it's annoying.
MLachapelle

Re: Xbox One Controller and Xbox Thrustmaster T248 detected as Playstation Controller

Post by MLachapelle »

jimerb wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:44 am I have the same problem. Cannot figure out a fix either. I taped the playstation icons to the center of my wheel as a temp fix but it's annoying.
The problem isn't fixe but maybe you can update your t248 to the 2.04 version and changed the id from 200 or 203 to 204. It's a fixe at least for now.