FS24

MOOUSE

FS24

Post by MOOUSE »

A little more than a year away. I hope Giants 🙏 built a new game engine! :mrgreen: What do you think what will bring in fs24?

I think I already know because of same pattern in last few years. But hope there is something more exciting to see in FS series
What is already expected to see...
1. New crop
2. New type animal
3. New brand machinery
4. New map

Keep the thread in positive way as can be.
Lexie

Re: FS24

Post by Lexie »

If we get a new game it will be FS25, but maybe they will keep expanding FS22 with new DLC instead of a new game.
I don't think there will be a new engine, most likely the engine will be upgraded.

Personally I hope for GPS included in the base game, also unions will be nice.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

The top things that will get me to buy the next game would be
1 Expanded seasons options. Specifically the weather, crop rotation, and a drying mechanic.

2 Expand existing features. Root crops have next to nothing for equipment things like bigger harvesters, planters, windrowers, and more variety in sizes. Grain drying bins and legs so you can build up you farm from small to large. On that same note animal pen sizes that can be varied from beginning a farm to a large operation

3 take a step further into animal husbandry with productions that kick out byproducts that can be fed to animals. The enhanced animal system mixed with aspects of maize plus would be an awesome addition.

4 Productions that more closely relate to farming would be great. Washing and sorting potatoes, drying grain, byproducts that be fed or land applied, or things a farmer might actually own.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Lexie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:18 pm also unions will be nice.
Not quite sure I'm following your meaning here, what kind of unions?
Tiredasagiraffe

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:49 am
Lexie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:18 pm also unions will be nice.
Not quite sure I'm following your meaning here, what kind of unions?
You gotta know your onions I reckon :biggrin2:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Onions! Of course! Im sure I would have worked that out had I not been so tired, lol.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

They have built a new version of the engine for every new game, so I would be surprised if they didn't make a new version for a might be future new game.

We do not know yet if they will make a year 3 (personally I hope so), or if they stop with the year 2 packs.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
KFedor1907

Post by KFedor1907 »

As a console player, I have a different perspective on things I'd like to see translate over to console for the next FS iteration:

- Larger maps. I understand this is not a Giants issue, but is a console issue. There has to be a way to make this happen. I'm at the point of the series (much like I was with FS19) where I keep jumping maps after a few days because I'm getting bored with the map selection on console. As an American I tend to not play a lot the UK/European maps with tons of hedge rows and tiny fields. Also not saying that I want a map with 6 super large Midwestern fields. There are a ton of other areas of the world where farming is done on a large scale and there needs to be a little more variety. Australia, Eastern Europe, South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Far East are poorly represented.

- Lease to Buy: This is a mod on PC, but it would be nice to see this as a base game option across all platforms.

- Better Crop Variety: Yes, little excited about carrots and parsnips coming. Although, I think Giants is messing up with their base game harvester for carrots. From what I see it does not have a capacity. This makes it less than desirable for console players to use because we do not have "Follow Me". If it's a crazy shaped field, forget it, the AI will be absolutely useless. I'd like to see base game varieties like rye, rice, millet, onions, peanuts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes (outside of green houses), etc. An option to harvest your corn as sweet corn would also be cool, but this requires specific equipment. Grapes and olives missed the mark in FS22 in my opinion. Yes, there are modders doing other varieties of crops but it would be nice to see them as base games. I'd like to also see the option to double plant the crops.

- Better / More Immersive Crop Management: Precision Farming is OK, but not great. There should be a better management system for crop rotation. Base game anhydrous application (that is done a ton in my area with corn).

- Remove Crop Varieties: Poplar....who does this? Cotton is OK now that we have modded harvesters that do it quickly. Would not be sad to see grapes and olives move directly to green houses as base game. Stone picking needs to go as well. I get the immersion factor, but it is one of the first things I turn off when I start a new map.

- Script Mods on Console: This is all on Sony directly, but there has to be a way that this can happen. On console, there are a ton of "gameplay" mechanics that we do not see. Follow Me and Courseplay are two that come to mind directly that I would like to see Giants somehow work out in the next iteration.

- Reactive Terrain: Mud would be awesome. Rain that actually has a factor on your crops and on the surrounding ground.

- Less Emphasis on Specific Farming: Logging. Giants is focusing on a specific demographic with logging that has taken over many aspects of the game. Alpine Farming. This is such a very specific method of farming for only a very small area of the world. Hay, Grass & Straw Management. Complete disappointment that we continue to get more equipment for bailing, grass cutting, merging, etc. It is such a small factor in farming but we have more equipment to do it than most areas of the game. Manure and Silage. Yes, it is a huge factor is some farming and understand the immersion factor of this operation, but from a casual gameplay standpoint, it is useless.

- Animal Management: More variety. More feed options. Goats, ducks, llamas or alpacas, different varieties of cows, sheep and chickens. Do something different with horses if they are going to stay in game. Haven't done horses since 19 and only did them because they were new. Actually having male varieties of animals that make a difference. It would be nice to see that your population of animals would be reliant upon having male animals that actually had a factor. It would be nice to see some kind of data for when your beef cattle, chickens, and hogs are ready for market. Factor of how you feed them plays into their end price at market. The pricing of sending these to market should also be realistic and not hundreds of dollars.

- Better Production Management: Productions are here to stay, but make the productions make sense with what actual farmers would do.

- Variety of Equipment: This is a huge task and understand everything that happens behind the scenes. I thought Mack was going to be great when announced, but I have been terribly disappointed. There are so many Mack Trucks that are awesome. I get that the mod community would be the one to re-create the "greats", but it has been disappointing. The same goes with Volvo. Understand that the manufacturers do not want a plethora of older equipment out there as this is also a marketing engine for them, but it would be nice to see some "legacy" equipment around that is not just John Deere and Case IH. We have a few, but the selection is not great.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I keep reading lots of good ideas. Reactive terrain and organic growth on fallow terrain are my biggest wishes. Say you don't mow a ditch after so long shrubs and trees start popping up by themselves. That would single handedly make maps look more realistic. I'm tired of the this is a field this is a painted piece of ground aspect. It's too predictable and sterile and unrealistic looking overall.

Realistically we will get a cannon foundry
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

I really hope they will implement Wopster Manure System. And I hope Seasons in FS24 will be more like FS19. I will wait for these two before I buy another version of FS. Still sticking with FS19...
joseph.a.whittaker

Post by joseph.a.whittaker »

I would like to see a different equipment navigation system. Rather than having to cycle through all the equipment, it would be nice to have maybe some sort of selection wheel: Large Tractors, Small Tractors, Harvesters, etc. And then be able to give them a custom ID, such as the plates so you could identify them as you cycle through to select.
Guil

Post by Guil »

KFedor1907 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:32 pm As a console player, I have a different perspective on things I'd like to see translate over to console for the next FS iteration:

- Script Mods on Console: This is all on Sony directly, but there has to be a way that this can happen. On console, there are a ton of "gameplay" mechanics that we do not see. Follow Me and Courseplay are two that come to mind directly that I would like to see Giants somehow work out in the next iteration.

Sorry but you are misinformed with this, MS were a little more leniant than Sony regarding scripts getting added with mods but they never agreed to the same freedom as pc.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I don't want a new game.... not for some time anyway. FS22 is (thus far) the peak of farming games. And there is still a ton of room for growth without a new game being pushed out. I would rather they take their time and go big with the next iteration of the game. FS22 is such a nice game, it will take some fantastic new FEATURES, not machines, to get me excited. I love 22 and really don't want to abandon it for "features" that could be added as a dlc. Computers and especially consoles have really take a leap forward performance wise these past few years. That extra horsepower, in theory, translates into a more versatile game with better features and more polish on existing features. They already raised their own bar with 22 and thus my expectations. I hope (and believe) they can and will deliver and even continue to raise that bar even higher.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:51 pm I don't want a new game.... not for some time anyway. FS22 is (thus far) the peak of farming games. And there is still a ton of room for growth without a new game being pushed out. I would rather they take their time and go big with the next iteration of the game. FS22 is such a nice game, it will take some fantastic new FEATURES, not machines, to get me excited. I love 22 and really don't want to abandon it for "features" that could be added as a dlc. Computers and especially consoles have really take a leap forward performance wise these past few years. That extra horsepower, in theory, translates into a more versatile game with better features and more polish on existing features. They already raised their own bar with 22 and thus my expectations. I hope (and believe) they can and will deliver and even continue to raise that bar even higher.
I would tend to agree the only problem is they’re saddled with old gen consoles and I’m not sure how much further they can be pushed. If they were to say take it to the next level with a season pass 3 and leave older gen hardware behind in favor of bigger features I would definitely buy in.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

As an old gen console player I agree it's time for them to just move on. I've reached a point where I don't even worry about mod drops. Besides a small baler that tosses bales and proper chaff buggy, I literally can't think of anything else I'd ask for. It's time to focus on maximizing next gen/pc hardware. Better graphics and features. Bigger maps for console. I understand what Jessi is saying because I feel the same way about 22. But eventually I'm gonna be juggling what new games I wanna play with holding onto my ps4 for Farm sim. Time to onward and upward to better things lol