FS24

FiremanDJ

Re: FS24

Post by FiremanDJ »

Not all cows are artificially inseminated.

Those that are don't always take and it costs money each time.

I'd love for the options to do either.

A bull costs money to buy and consume fuel, but makes its donations for "free" when ever a cow in the paddock is ready. The bull can only handle so many cows per day, so very large herds may need two.

Cows should have a peak milk production, after which it drops and they need to be dried off and have a calf to regain good milk production.

Oh, and animals should die. Either from starvation, old age or even for the butcher.

You should be able to build paddocks and cattle runs, so you can keep the dry herd seperate from the milking herd and the calf's in another herd, so they can all be given the appropriate fees and management.

A cattle crush should be a thing, where you can treat cows to prevent (or cure) disease etc.

I want to build my cattle farm where the crops I plant are intended for the cattle. Whilst I wait for them to grow, I have the daily activities of milking, feeding, treating, breeding etc of my primary product, the cattle.

Of course, I've focused on cows, but this should be applied to all animals.

Oh, and horses should be able to be used as "tractors".
So if you want to farm the Amish way, that's something you can do.

Working horses of course consume more food and need to be rested at night etc.
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

It would be good to have a new game with new features but one good feature would be for AI helpers to stick to bounties of fields and not try to drag a wide seeder through a tree and other objects, so maybe the AI could detect the gaps between objects.
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:44 am I literally can't think of anything else I'd ask for. It's time to focus on maximizing next gen/pc hardware. Better graphics and features. Bigger maps for console.
Here!!! Here!!!! I'll second that!!!
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I find graphics are already good enough where model and texture quality are all what makes a difference but I play on low so what do i know.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Well for this old timer I'm still playing fs15 and I am still having fun playing with all the old mods. I've been redoing a map I made for fs15 just the simple stuff that I remember how to do. And yes I even still have a flip phone LOL. I'm trying to remember how to edit a animal trailer to have chicken2 already loaded when I buy it from the shop? I have the placeable egg laying station I would like to use but the map I'm playing does not have chicken2 in the map. And rather then try to add it to the map I thought it mite be easier to just edit a trailer to be already loaded when I buy it? I'm not sure I would have any more fun playing a newer version of fs? I know a lot has changed in the game but it's still the same in a lot of ways to the older versions. It just comes down to where you want to hang your hat at the end of the day? Hope you all get your wish's fulfilled from Giants? on the New version of the game?
McBean1983

Post by McBean1983 »

I would like to see more control over the flow of materials through production chains. So you can decide exactly how your materials are distributed between the other productions and when.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I'd like to see more control over the flow of fuel. Give us some drilling equipment, allow us to dig up some of that black gold and let us deliver it to a refinery. Maybe deliver gas from a refinery to the stations. I'd also like to work at the gas station as well, make some extra money selling gas and gum to the factory workers and lumber jacks.