FS24

Massey44

Re: FS24

Post by Massey44 »

Lawma wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:08 pm Realistically we will get a cannon foundry
Somehow this seems legit. Although due to the game's age rating it can't be a cannon foundry, but a build a suspension bridge feature seems very likely. :biggrin2:
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Massey44 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:53 pm
Lawma wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:08 pm Realistically we will get a cannon foundry
Somehow this seems legit. Although due to the game's age rating it can't be a cannon foundry, but a build a suspension bridge feature seems very likely. :biggrin2:
There's plenty of features they can add to make the core aspects of farming more realistic. To me that needs to be the focus of a brand new game. The gimmick features they can save for DLC. I've reached the conclusion that as long as they make any new versions of the game better, and I have access to mods, I'm a repeat customer.

So hopefully they suspension bridge for a DLC lol
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:46 pm There's plenty of features they can add to make the core aspects of farming more realistic. To me that needs to be the focus of a brand new game. The gimmick features they can save for DLC. I've reached the conclusion that as long as they make any new versions of the game better, and I have access to mods, I'm a repeat customer.

So hopefully they suspension bridge for a DLC lol
In all seriousness the best version of farm simulator I would personally prefer is one that let you heavily adjust the game settings depending on whether you wanted the game to be approachable/casual or let you play with far more realistic options if you prefer more of a challenge and the game needs a much better tutorial for newcomers so they can find out what they prefer. The way the game is set up right now gives players a very basic on/off option and some of the features do come across as a gimmick at times like stone picking which gives you the equivalent of a quarry whenever you plow. Giants imo have never really seemed to want to go down the realistic simulation road which is why we have seasonal changes and not actual seasons. They also tend to take things from popular mods but never implement the full features of those mods either. Now we have rollercoasters, boat building and factory manager/forklift operator gameplay because in the developers universe they're fun and somehow are part of farming.

I'd love to see a major distinction between brands of tractors, for example a Deutz-Fahr might hardly ever need repairs because its so robust but its is also a major gas guzzler. A John Deere takes a month to repair because it has to go to the dealer and can't be done in your own workshop. Problem with that is it would affect license money for Giants despite being interesting from a gameplay point of view.

I suspect in the next version we'll just see more machinery and very similar game mechanics so its fair to say mods are always going to be needed for some of us. As for DLC I'm not a fan of that trend or season passes so I'll just wait till the next version is almost complete and ultra cheap again like FS22.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Yea the stone picking should be more like it is in Silverrun. Rock breaking and dig out of ground. Small stones should be picked the same way we pick now. I'd love to see some of the differences in mfgs like you mentioned but I don't see that ever being a thing. Realistic ground features and drive trains tires etc having an effect would have me hooked. One of my pet peeves is how "2wd" units still spin all the wheels most times. I wanna get stuck when i try doing work in soft fields because of rain. I want more risks and rewards. Let me gamble trying to do things in an unorthodox way in hopes of better yield or sometimes it backfires and I gotta reassess my plan for the year. The wash rinse and repeat model gets old after awhile
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:27 pm Yea the stone picking should be more like it is in Silverrun. Rock breaking and dig out of ground. Small stones should be picked the same way we pick now. I'd love to see some of the differences in mfgs like you mentioned but I don't see that ever being a thing. Realistic ground features and drive trains tires etc having an effect would have me hooked. One of my pet peeves is how "2wd" units still spin all the wheels most times. I wanna get stuck when i try doing work in soft fields because of rain. I want more risks and rewards. Let me gamble trying to do things in an unorthodox way in hopes of better yield or sometimes it backfires and I gotta reassess my plan for the year. The wash rinse and repeat model gets old after awhile
I think stones should be tied into soil type and also climate, possibly linked with Precision Farming. The local farmer has a 54 acre field behind my house, he plows often and I have never ever seen a stone picker on that field. Same thing goes for lime since the west side of the village has soil with a high lime content which explains the absence of lime spreading, I'm sure it happens but it must be very rare. So ideally these kind of systems should be part of the actual maps and not an apply to everything feature which is how they are at present. The same goes for crop calendars and all of the Giants maps should have had different ones.

If you want to get stuck in fields the mud mod has that feature when it rains. Tires have always seemed off in this game, from FS15 onwards I always went for Michelin wide tires with weights or Mitas because they had good stablitiy which balanced out the games wonky physics. If you're on PC some of rear dual row crops tire tractors with 2WD feel much nicer to drive especially the John Deere ones which was a surprise to me as a Massey, Case IH and Challenger fan.

Meant to add the stone breaking on Silverrun was a nice mechanic and I wish it was possible for it to be applied to other maps.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'm on ps4. I live around a lot of shale and lime areas in the valley. I see farmers breaking out rocks in fields silverrun style where there's lime. I've only seen rock picking like base game in areas like Montana etc in videos. Definitely should be tied to soil types. My plan is definitely going to PC for the next version. I'm tired of spending 90% of my gaming time on a game that I have to overlook certain shortcomings because of the system I'm using
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:30 pm I'm on ps4. I live around a lot of shale and lime areas in the valley. I see farmers breaking out rocks in fields silverrun style where there's lime. I've only seen rock picking like base game in areas like Montana etc in videos. Definitely should be tied to soil types. My plan is definitely going to PC for the next version. I'm tired of spending 90% of my gaming time on a game that I have to overlook certain shortcomings because of the system I'm using
Yes definitely makes sense to go for PC if you enjoy the game that much and you don't need an expensive setup for 1080p. If you want a 2WD drive tractor that handles well this one is available on console, also offers rear duals and a 4WD version.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=242543

Happy farming!
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Massey44 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:11 pm

Yes definitely makes sense to go for PC if you enjoy the game that much and you don't need an expensive setup for 1080p. If you want a 2WD drive tractor that handles well this one is available on console, also offers rear duals and a 4WD version.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=242543

Happy farming!

Yep I have that one downloaded since it dropped on the hub. Yet to use it. I'm knocking down barriers on Alma, getting into the mods I've yet to use but always wanted to. Having a grand Ole time. Thanks and happy farming to you too!
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

FS22 is very complet (the most complete), you needn't a new FS, for a new FS Giants need new engine for you appreciate good changes.

I prefer patches to add features (GPS for god's sake...) and DLC to complete it even more with other machinery of all kinds.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

For me, the 2 main features which let the current game down and need overhaul are:

* field 'texture' angles (whatever they're called), eg if you plough an irregular field, it "snaps" to 0deg, 22deg, 45deg or whatever. It ought to be showed as it was ploughed. I appreciate its a bunch more work and there's reasons not to do this, but.....

* actual, proper, animal 'mechanics'. For example, if you put 10 sheep in a pen, there shouldn't magically appear 10 more in a few months time. Males and females need to be coded in so they breed or don't breed according to actual reality. And, if you open a gate, they should be able to escape....or you could fence their enclosure in, or transport them, and they actually graze and consume grass (in addition to placed feeds, eg opened silage bales, hay, barley etc in troughs). Grazing is a MASSIVE part of livestock farming, that is completely sidelined in FS22.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

paul_c wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:07 pm
* actual, proper, animal 'mechanics'. For example, if you put 10 sheep in a pen, there shouldn't magically appear 10 more in a few months time. Males and females need to be coded in so they breed or don't breed according to actual reality. And, if you open a gate, they should be able to escape....or you could fence their enclosure in, or transport them, and they actually graze and consume grass (in addition to placed feeds, eg opened silage bales, hay, barley etc in troughs). Grazing is a MASSIVE part of livestock farming, that is completely sidelined in FS22.
Irl you can have 1 ram and the rest be ewes and they should each produce 2 lambs, maybe 1 and possibly 3, so you should get 18 roughly. I imagine that would be really hard to code. Most cows are artificial inseminated so no need for males. Pigs are the same way and I'm sure large sheep operations would do the same. Therefore, there is no reason for males. I will agree they should give the option to get male animals and grow them your own way though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Irl you can have 1 ram and the rest be ewes and they should each produce 2 lambs, maybe 1 and possibly 3, so you should get 18 roughly. I imagine that would be really hard to code.
Actually a modders has done it already, it’s called the Enhanced Animal System
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:14 pm
paul_c wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:07 pm
Irl you can have 1 ram and the rest be ewes and they should each produce 2 lambs, maybe 1 and possibly 3, so you should get 18 roughly. I imagine that would be really hard to code.
I can't see it being too hard to implement a random variation in number of lambs born. Heck, you could even incorporate flushing into the game!!
Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:14 pm Most cows are artificial inseminated so no need for males. Pigs are the same way and I'm sure large sheep operations would do the same. Therefore, there is no reason for males. I will agree they should give the option to get male animals and grow them your own way though.
I'd be happy with AI in the game (a bull would be nice too....with different pens, and the ability to move animals between). Observing bulling behaviour/timing would be difficult to implement alongside 1 day/month gameplay stuff though. But the point being, the breeding would be controlled as part of gameplay.
Geovani Garcia

Post by Geovani Garcia »

Ola
No fs 24 um belo mapa Mato-grossense com detalhes de terras cheio de atoleiros e uma física mais complexa mostrando como nosso celeiro da Agricultura Brasileira entre outros veículos da nossa região
Abraço Att
seth_cameron0

Post by seth_cameron0 »

Would be cool to see some Midwest maps with big fields and flat maps. Also more farm animals would be an amazing add on for console. Also more modifications for vehicles would be nice to see. Love the game but would like to see more added to it