Recurrent CE-108255-1 error on PS5

Sigh_man

Recurrent CE-108255-1 error on PS5

Post by Sigh_man »

Hi everyone - here’s a question specifically for the #PlayStation community….

I exclusively play FARMING SIMULATOR 22 (in fact have logged 5506 hours on it - yes five thousand plus!), for the last month or so focussing (obsessing?) upon just one map (Umari Farm-RN) and have recently been getting a LOT of CE-108255-1 errors. I have gone as far as doing a complete system reset/re-install (great fun with 380+ mods!).

So my question is: Is this most likely to be a) a Map issue b) a Mod conflict c) a game issue (software bug) d) a hardware issue (e.g. Overheating but I have vacuumed out the heat sinks and cleaned the fan etc)

When I reinstalled, I set the PS5 to install native PS5 games on to the M.2 and when I reinstalled, I ran a separate reformat command on that (wondering if there was a problem with TRIM on it - I remember that user installed SSDs in PS4s had a similar problem after some time, which was resolved by full reformats)

I have deleted some recently installed mods which seems to have reduced the incidence a little bit of the errors and the problem seems to occur when I've been in the game longer, particularly if I'm mulching/sub-soiling a large vine yard) but this is not exclusive - out of curiosity how does a "mod-conflict" present itself on the PS5?

Curiously it seems that the best way to avoid the problem is to save on a very regular basis (e.g. Every second row of the vine yard etc)

So I am speculating that it may be a hardware issue (I am not getting any overheating warnings, so is it an early temperature thing / a problem the drives) but equally would accept if someone could point me to it either being Game / Map / Mod specific

So any comments / help / advice would be greatly appreciated
Tommy93

Re: Recurrent CE-108255-1 error on PS5

Post by Tommy93 »

Sigh_man wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:43 am (great fun with 380+ mods!).

So my question is: Is this most likely to be b) a Mod conflict
Most likely a mod conflict with 380+ mods.
Sigh_man

Post by Sigh_man »

Many thanks - is that a definitive answer or a best guess?

I did ask as part of my post ask, how Mod Conflicts present themselves... Equally it is curious that I haven't suddenly increased the number of mods installed, but this problem has only just started happening - I have been running a similar number of mods for MANY months
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

One/or more of the mods might got an update. And since that update it might have start causing the issue with another mod.

BUT i just Googled your error code: CE-108255-1
I suggest you do the same, some videos popped up on how to fix that error code.

So first try that, if it then still happens then you really need to sort out the mods by doing some tests.

So to test it out:
New save game, with no mods and see if it still gives errors/crashes.

If not you have a mod conflict and you need to identify the mod causing the issue. What I always do is adding them row by row, test, runs okay? Add another row. Etc etc.
Sigh_man

Post by Sigh_man »

So I then had a problem when I updated the Grape Production - that it disappeared mid-production after I'd loaded an entire season's harvest into it on the update! So I trashed the map and have started another one - and no errors since. So in summary it seems as though the cause of the problem was an issue with that specific map (maybe a mod-conflict with it OR just that map)
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Mod conflict with a map is also possible indeed.

It's tough to identify the issue when using a lot of mods, I'm always try to use as less mods as possible. Never had crashes etc(luckily) but can always happen with mod update, game update or anything new.
Giviled1983

Post by Giviled1983 »

You may have error CE-108255-1 due to a mod conflict.
Havent74

Post by Havent74 »

Error CE-108255-1 is also more likely to occur if your PS5 is not ventilated properly. This is because the PS5 will generate a lot of heat elastic man and if the heat does not escape properly it can cause the PS5 to overheat. You should regularly update your PS5 software and disable unused mods.
Sigh_man

Post by Sigh_man »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting back more recently - but I have been doing some testing...

In summary the cause of the problem was a conflict between a specific map (Umari Farm-RN) and a Mod. I can confirm this as I have since run extensive time on 2 other maps and NOT had a recurrence. So it was NOT a conflict between 2 different Mods NOR was it anything to do with overheating (I regularly de-dust the interior of my PS5 and it is in a well ventilated area).

I hope that this helps others...

Kind regards,

Simon
Basytd

Post by Basytd »

Giviled1983 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:25 am You may have error CE-108255-1 due to a mod conflict.
I have encountered this error before
Last edited by Basytd on Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Sigh_man wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:59 pm Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting back more recently - but I have been doing some testing...

In summary the cause of the problem was a conflict between a specific map (Umari Farm-RN) and a Mod. I can confirm this as I have since run extensive time on 2 other maps and NOT had a recurrence. So it was NOT a conflict between 2 different Mods NOR was it anything to do with overheating (I regularly de-dust the interior of my PS5 and it is in a well ventilated area).

I hope that this helps others...

Kind regards,

Simon
So in the end, it was a mod conflict between 2 mods, the modmap and a other mod.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sigh_man wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:59 pm

In summary the cause of the problem was a conflict between a specific map (Umari Farm-RN) and a Mod. I can confirm this as I have since run extensive time on 2 other maps and NOT had a recurrence. So it was NOT a conflict between 2 different Mods NOR was it anything to do with overheating
Maps are mods, not a great idea to use your own terminology when trying to troubleshoot.
Most know but there is a lot reading this thread after googling.
Ali101

Post by Ali101 »

I been getin this error code to like playing fs22 but really annoying getin code
Ali101

Post by Ali101 »

I also use ps5 cooling fan an still get error code