How to become a modder

Joedizzey

How to become a modder

Post by Joedizzey »

Hi I want make mods for fs22 can someone tell me what software I will need and can I do it on a laptop?
Tommy93

Re: How to become a modder

Post by Tommy93 »

I would suggest watching Farmerbob on YouTube. You can find software/tutorials and everything you need on Giants Developer Network: https://gdn.giants-software.com/
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

A: You can get all the software free. (Giants Editor, Notepad++, paint.net, Blender, etc)
A: There is no reason you couldn't do it on a laptop.

What sort of mods are you looking to make?
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Asking on how to become a modder, is generic. Is the same as asking to become a doctor. What kind of doctor you want to be? Cardiologist? Dentist? Pediatrician? Surgeon?

What kind of modder you want to be? Just converting game's mods, for example, better capacity, more power, various colours? 3D modder for example using Blender and create various graphics , for example sheds, storage rooms etc?
Be a map modder by editing map's i3d using Giants Editor?
Scripting modder by using .lua programming language editing scripts for the game?

First of all you will have to decide what kind of modder you will want to be, and then according of your needs you will see if you can do it on laptop or you will need a powerful desktop.

I wish you all the best and I look forward for your mods.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Joedizzey

Post by Joedizzey »

Dogface wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:54 pm A: You can get all the software free. (Giants Editor, Notepad++, paint.net, Blender, etc)

Well there are a couple of mods that I have been wanting to see in game for a couple of different applications like a drivable silige roller and a Short version of the dry van with roll up doors it's all going to be on all platforms
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Joedizzey wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:56 pm
Dogface wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:54 pm A: You can get all the software free. (Giants Editor, Notepad++, paint.net, Blender, etc)

Well there are a couple of mods that I have been wanting to see in game for a couple of different applications like a drivable silige roller and a Short version of the dry van with roll up doors it's all going to be on all platforms
You’ve a lot to learn to get to that stage, your best bet is to start with something small and static using blender before even thinking of making something with animated parts, Im not saying you’ll never be able to do it and I don’t want to put you off but modding is difficult and a lot of stuff to learn, so crawl before you walk 👍👍
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Nexce1967

Post by Nexce1967 »

You can refer to the Giants Editor tool. It helps you create and edit maps, place objects, and customize various aspects of the game.
basket random