MODHUB.US

DziaDziaJake

MODHUB.US

Post by DziaDziaJake »

My 10 year old grandson is new to the world of FS19 on a PC. We downloaded a DLC from modhub.us and I am unclear as to how to install it. Please point me in the right direction.

Same issue with FS22 on STEAM.

Any help is appreciated.
Drmattymd

Re: MODHUB.US

Post by Drmattymd »

DLC should not be available on 3rd party sites. You can download mods on third party sites but DLC is only through Giants or official sellers. If you are trying to install a mod, locate the mods folder at Documents/My games/farmingsimulator#/mods and place the donloaded zip in this folder
Playing on PC and PS4
DziaDziaJake

Post by DziaDziaJake »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:31 pm DLC should not be available on 3rd party sites. You can download mods on third party sites but DLC is only through Giants or official sellers. If you are trying to install a mod, locate the mods folder at Documents/My games/farmingsimulator#/mods and place the donloaded zip in this folder

Thank you very much Drmattymd! Your instructions helped us get to use the mods we were downloading.
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

I hope you know, that modhub.us ist not an official site. It's the dame thing like the fs22mods, etc. Sites.
Those people steal mods from modders like me, for their own profit. Sites like this are practicing internet piracy. Especially if you download DLCs, than you use stolen content from Giants, a company.

If you don't want to get a virus and support us modders, only use the official Modhub from Giants itself.
You should really tell your grandson that! Please.

Otherwise, no modder will support you by having issues.

Greatings,
Farmerfivetom
:hi:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

farmerfivetom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 am I hope you know, that modhub.us ist not an official site. It's the dame thing like the fs22mods, etc. Sites.
Those people steal mods from modders like me, for their own profit. Sites like this are practicing internet piracy. Especially if you download DLCs, than you use stolen content from Giants, a company.

If you don't want to get a virus and support us modders, only use the official Modhub from Giants itself.

Greatings,
Farmerfivetom
I agree except the part about only using official modhub part. There’s tons of great mods released outside of the official modhub. You just need to do your due diligence in seeking out the original links.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

If you new to the game, and not familiar with FS unofficial modding sites, you should only stick with https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods. ... country=se and https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc.p ... country=se
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:51 pm
farmerfivetom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 am I hope you know, that modhub.us ist not an official site. It's the dame thing like the fs22mods, etc. Sites.

Greatings,
Farmerfivetom
I agree except the part about only using official modhub part. There’s tons of great mods released outside of the official modhub. You just need to do your due diligence in seeking out the original links.
Yeah, i know.
But it's really hard to find out all of the original sites, especially when you are younger.
:hi:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

farmerfivetom wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:31 am
Yeah, i know.
But it's really hard to find out all of the original sites, especially when you are younger.
I wouldn’t say it’s hard especially once you find them. The problem with telling someone not to do something wrong and the the correct way is to hard so just don’t do it either is that you’ve give them a reason to do it wrong. It’s much better to help and teach when someone is young and here looking to learn.

OP Facebook, itch.io, king mods, discord, and github are all great places to seek out mods outside of the hub. Become familiar with sites and pages so you know who to trust and use things like discord to become part of a community that will help you learn who to trust and that share original works. Sites like modhub.us also have some value as they usually show an authors name which you can search on google and find the actual authors page or site. Another trick for folks is copy and paste the mod description into google. Nine out of ten times a bot rips the mod, description, and pictures from the original post searching the description in whole can help narrow down the location of the original creator as well. Lastly you can share here what types of mods you’re looking for and some folks here might be able to get you on a path in the right direction. Generally the communities tend to be geared regionally for different types of farming.