Crazy idea about mods

xxx.514

Crazy idea about mods

Post by xxx.514 »

Hello,

One day i wondered that if it is possible to copy settings of vechicle from one mod to same type vechicle of other mod for personal use. Mods im mentioning are Roadrunner+ and TLX 9000 Winter Wolf - for me Winter Wolf has rather strange driving behaviour - mostly turn curves compared to driving speeds and disablility to turn while breaking- and wondered if i may copy settings from Roadrunner files - which doesnt have such flaws or at least i dont feel them. However im not sure if turning ability is in config files or somwhere in vechicle model itself, also not exactly understand numbers in wheel setting sections of both mods. Therefore firstly - it is even possible, secondly - are there any information and where to find them about how to understand vechicle config structure and meanings of values there.

Thanks for spared time
FSarndrone

Re: Crazy idea about mods

Post by FSarndrone »

You could try messing with the xml files. I one time changed the xml file to make a tractor go faster.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You wouldn’t be able to copy and paste an entire xml very easily but you could try changing some of the lines to make them behave differently. I would recommend searching out some videos on YouTube to help guide you through the process.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

xxx.514 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:04 pm
UncleRico wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:30 am
Yeah, not the whole xml. If you dig around, I found there is all kinds of variables like speed, torque, rpm, braking, dampening, and a host of other things.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
xxx.514

Post by xxx.514 »

Read few times .xml's of those two and noticed that Roadrunner has own hubs and wheels, where TLX uses own wheels and base shared game hubs. However still didnt figured out in which point is setting for turning and manuvering. Roadrunner can turn in nearly any speed (over 100 kmph it has too much momentum to do it efficiently, but still turns) where Winter Wolf has problems with turning over 10 kmph and above 30 it barely turns. Therefore im aware about connectons between mod files and configs and what should be put where, however there are still points i dont understand. Yet.