Premium Expansion crops in non-Premium mod maps?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
XPModder

Premium Expansion crops in non-Premium mod maps?

Post by XPModder »

I noticed that all the files for the new crops (carrots, parsnip, beetroot) of the premium expansion were actually added to the base game with patch 1.13.1, 'just' the implementation in maps is part of the dlc.
I would therefore assume that it is perfectly fine for a mod map to include these crops even without requiring the dlc to be installed.
Of course without the dlc there wouldnt be any machines able to plant/harvest them, but other such machines could also be added as mods by a mod map.

Are these assumptions correct?
(Ideally this would get an answer from giants, though Im not sure how likely it is to get that here...)

To clarify: The base game (FS22) even without any dlcs owned/installed contains the foliage files including the relevant foliage models for carrots, parsnip and beetroot since patch 1.13.1. (found in data/foliage/carrot, data/foliage/parsnip, data/foliage/beetroot.)
Since these are therefore basegame files, I dont see why a mod map shouldnt be able to simply reference directly to those files without the need for the dlc as a requirement.
Simply adding them to the foliage multi layer of the map and referencing them for fill types, fruit types, etc should be easily possible with any map mod (I will try this later today) and should not require the dlc at all.
Das Universum ist unvorstellbar groß und wir sind im Vergleich dazu winzig.

Daher kann mir jemand der unter uns Winzlingen Unterschiede in Hautfarbe oder Herkunft sucht, nur Leid tun, weil seine Sichtweise so begrenzt ist!

Fremdenfeindlichkeit ist Menschenfeindlichkeit!
don_apple

Re: Premium Expansion crops in non-Premium mod maps?

Post by don_apple »

According to Stegei, the CTO from GIANTS, the new crops will automatically be included in mod-maps as well: viewtopic.php?p=1587875#p1587875
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
XPModder

Re: Premium Expansion crops in non-Premium mod maps?

Post by XPModder »

Yes, when you own the premium expansion and have it enabled as a mod, it will also add the new crops to savegames on other maps, but thats not what I asked about.

I was asking about manually adding them to the map, so people who do NOT own the premium expansion can still use these crops.

As explained in my question above, the foliage files (textures, i3ds, xmls) are added to the base game in the latest update, so also for people that do NOT own the premium expansion. The crops will not be available in maps for people that do NOT own the dlc though, as the dlc does the actual registering of the crops in the game.

To be specific:
The base game without any mods or dlcs (since the latest update), contains the foliage xml, i3d and texture files in the data/foliage folder and the respective fill plane textures in data/fillPlanes. With just the base game (without the dlc) these files just sit there and the game is not at all aware of them. The premium expansion basically 'tells' the game (I assume in the modDesc, if its called that for dlcs) that these files exist.

If I were to now make a map mod and in the modDesc of that, 'tell' the game about these files, the crops would be added to my map even if the player using my map does NOT own the dlc.
The question was, if that would be an acceptable thing to do.

To make the question maybe a bit clearer:
Is it ok to make the new crops available to players that do NOT own the dlc in a mod map?
Das Universum ist unvorstellbar groß und wir sind im Vergleich dazu winzig.

Daher kann mir jemand der unter uns Winzlingen Unterschiede in Hautfarbe oder Herkunft sucht, nur Leid tun, weil seine Sichtweise so begrenzt ist!

Fremdenfeindlichkeit ist Menschenfeindlichkeit!