FS22 Premium, Just add 'Follow Me'

MrChuck523

FS22 Premium, Just add 'Follow Me'

Post by MrChuck523 »

I am a 'single player only' on my PC. I am not able to play multiplayer. I very rarely use in game workers. I Love Farm Sim but I pretty much just farm the old fashion way doing the job myself and without too much technology, which is the way it was for me 40+ years ago when I did it in real life.
So, with only 1 Premium harvester that has storage for the new crops, or else I have to deal with toting pallet boxes, (which is very cool but time consuming for larger fields), I finally broke down and installed the "Follow Me" mod from Giants mod hub.
I can now drive the big harvester (or any of the new harvesters, and let a worker follow ME! Yes, I have to use a worker but at least now "I" can drive the Harvesters.

I wonder if Giants thought about us single players? Yet I know that in real life root crops are not a one man operation, and the one thing i have admired about the game is that it is as realistic as is practical. Nice job Giants Thanks
I'll bet the Follow Me mod creator 'Decker_MMIV' is getting a lot of downloads this week. Good for him, it's a great mod once i finally figured it out and got my keypad programmed. I play, (from my recliner), with controller and a keypad for GPS and now Follow Me, as I'm not able to sit at a computer or use a wheel and pedals.

And Giants, after almost 10 years of playing Farm Sim nearly 200 hours per month, I am still enjoying the game and "Farming". I am Not too interested in all the production and other gimmicks though. I love raising the animals and working my fields. A little logging is ok too, but I am just a farmer 'out standing in his field'. LOL

Thank you to Giants for a really great game and especially thank you to all of the Modders out there that help us to enjoy the game even more!.
cwattyeso

Re: FS22 Premium, Just add 'Follow Me'

Post by cwattyeso »

I had this same thought when looking at the DLC last week and I also mentioned it when I did my preview of the Oxbo DLC with the Grape Harvester in that pack a couple of months back.

If you play as a single player or are a console player with no access to mods like Follow Me or Courseplay you really do have a hard time using and playing with the new equipment.

You are basically forced just to be a trailer puller and don’t get to do any of the harvesting yourself.

It definitely reveals the weakness and gaps in the AI Functionality within the game and hopefully this is something Giants can continue to work on and expand in future, so that maybe us single players who like harvester driving can have in game workers who assist us instead of us having to always help them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Even with Follow Me the AI are so stupid, IQ below zero :lol:

I have the big field 55 (Farmland 54) with carrots. I tried to drive the Dewulf ZKIVSE with Follow me, no results; the AI stuck :lol:

I tried a difference approach: I enable the "Unload Here" and then I tried to pick up carrots with Forage Pickup
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
error in the log file !!!!!.

Then I did the trick :
I use Holmer Terra Felis 3 Evo
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
and convert it for vegetables, so it can collect only carrots, parsnips, and red beet. I increased its capacity and I was able to unload it at once in a high capacity trailer.
Everything went OK and no log errors.

Problem solved :)

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:38 pm Even with Follow Me the AI are so stupid, IQ below zero :lol:

last time when I made them roll the grass they were rolling... random cars on the road... =_______=
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Kamiko wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:00 pm
last time when I made them roll the grass they were rolling... random cars on the road... =_______=
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

'Follow Me' isn't that great with the Dewulf harvester because you lose crop on the turns. I tried the GCCI which has the 4 loadable boxes on a 2.45ac field and it was painfully slow doing 6 rows, half way through, two hours and I already have 70000l and more boxes than I want to deal with. Also the 0.8m working width doesn't work that well with Courseplay either since the lowest working width for that is 1m.

Best legit solution for me is the GKIIS since it has 1.5m working width and is cheaper to lease so I harvest and dump all crop to the ground. I pick it up with the Ropa NawaRo-Multi Maus mod.

If I knew how to mod the Grimme Varitron or one of the sugar beet harvesters to work with the new crops I'd do it. Update: Actually no need since I've just found a Ropa Tiger mod that works with the new crops... thank goodness!