Dear Santa

Helazak

Re: Dear Santa

Post by Helazak »

Earnest Pea wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:46 pm
Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:30 pm Another "stocking stuffer" would be font size. I use a 32" monitor and I still have a hard time seeing the helper letters.
Have you tried changing the UI scaling in the settings? I'm on a 4K monitor and normally the text would be unreadable. The UI scaling fixes it nicely.
Where is UI scaling? which screen?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Helazak wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:53 pm Another nice to have with this forum. When I use the quick links and select "new posts" I get a mix of all new posts from every language. I cant read most of them. There should be a way to limit the link to only the forum language of your choice.
You're doing it wrong, try this

Go to English Forum
Look at the right hand side and it will show you a blurb for the latest post in that subgroup.
If that subgroup interests you, open that subgroup. All the new/unread posts will have a red bubble,

Personally, I will open each subgroup that interests me in a new tab, then check which new posts interest me
Playing on PC and PS4
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Helazak wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:57 am Where is UI scaling? which screen?
When you first load into the game, select Options from the menu. Then choose the Display Settings page. On that page you will find the setting "In-game HUD Scale". Thats the one you want to adjust.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Merry Christmas Everyone!
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Merry Christmas
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Merry Christmas!!
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Merry Christmas folks!
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Well, I, as a console user, want to be able to harvest carrots, parsnips, etc., without jury rigging by putting a box on top of the harvester. So, were we not supposed to harvest these things? I think the most expensive one would work right? I don’t have the money to spare to buy it.

Ah, well, I will survive.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:33 pm Well, I, as a console user, want to be able to harvest carrots, parsnips, etc., without jury rigging by putting a box on top of the harvester. So, were we not supposed to harvest these things? I think the most expensive one would work right? I don’t have the money to spare to buy it.

Ah, well, I will survive.
You’re a day late you’ll have to wait until next year, sorry
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:21 am Instead of taking a cultivating contract, and then a sowing, and then a couple of fertilizer contracts for the same field - it would be awesome if there could be one big contract for taking a field in harvested state, to planted and fully fertilized state. The more work you put in, the better payment. Mulching/not mulching, 0, 1 or 2 fertilizer stages, plowed/not plowed (to prevent weeds) etc etc.
The benefit to what you are saying is that if you use precision farming and decide to mulch as well as fert and use herbicide as a pre emergent then you can control the final crop yield and make more profit from the yield over and above the contract expectation. You could also lose your lunch if you screw up.

Well you can't effect yield with the current contracts, but what you can do is when you accept a contract borrow the equipment. Then don't ever cash in the contract. You can use that equipment for other contracts just not your own fields. If you wait a few months the system will generate another contract for that field and it will dissapear from your completed contracts list. You wont get the contract money, but with the original contract deleted you still have the equipment to use. Here is the catch. Normally when you try to work your own field with contract equipment you get a nasty message or the equipment will disspear on you and close out the contract. But with the contract gone you get to use it on your own fields. But it wont show up in your owned equipment list so you can't sell them. You can put gas in them, but I dont see any damage to the vehicle.

I just discovered this and I got 8 months use out of the equipment before they just disappeared.