Does anyone else not bother with productions?

Massey44

Does anyone else not bother with productions?

Post by Massey44 »

Apart from a couple of large greenhouses set to autosell on occasion to cover property maintenance and either a silage bunker or fermenting silo to feed cows I have absolutely no interest in owning factories and other production buildings. I feel if I wanted a game with lots of production chains and logistics I'd boot up Anno or Transport Tycoon and if I wanted to roleplay as a long distance delivery driver I'd play Euro/American Truck Simulator.

To me productions feel extremely shallow and that's purely a personal thing because I know some people enjoy them. Also it doesn't fit for me from a roleplay perspectve to go from farm worker and farm owner to factory manager and forklift operator. The downside is that by not doing productions I make lower profits. Are there any mods that make this side of the game more detailed?
UncleRico

Re: Does anyone else not bother with productions?

Post by UncleRico »

Just ones that make byproducts like the sugar plant that makes beet pulp and molasses for maize plus. But I auto sell the sugar as I have no interest in factory simulation. Other than that just the corn dryers and harvester silos.
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:11 pm Just ones that make byproducts like the sugar plant that makes beet pulp and molasses for maize plus. But I auto sell the sugar as I have no interest in factory simulation. Other than that just the corn dryers and harvester silos.
How do you auto sell?
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Lumber. Planks or pallets. Nothing outside of that.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Candyman35 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:18 pm
How do you auto sell?
When you are in the production window you can set to store, sell, and some other things I can’t completely remember, but I set it to sell. You don’t get as much money though
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I personally only do farming in the game. productions was a selling feature that I was never interested in.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I've briefly tryed the productions, but just don't find that they add anything interesting to the game play. I like this game because its a farming game. I grew up on a farm and we didn't run any production companies, we farmed. In game I will often run the local biogas plant becuase it offers benefit for the farm, but avoid the other production chains.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I do play maps where I forego any productions. They can often take the thrill away from making big grain sales like previous games.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

It's not my thing, so I just farm. Although there have been some benefits to production that I appreciate. I like that through the productions aspect, we now have upright silos that make silage or dried hay from grass. So in the end, I'm thankful for the new productions gameplay aspect.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I'm a money hungry Bratwurst so I do whatever brings in the most bacon....and yes I manually deliver to train to send it to Erlengrat if it saves a penny :D
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

Production chains or factories add a whole new dimension to the game I'm completely addicted to them, there are so many different kinds of factories it's crazy, try just one like the corn dryer, I run all my corn through the dryer because you get a lot more money for dried corn, try getting the extended oil plant you can make corn oil and soybean oil as well as the standard in game oils.
The combination of factories can get in depth, and in most cases you can automate them to go right into storage and when you need money go sell some products.

Keep in mind you need capital to keep the lights on and the farm running while the factories are working the factories for the most part are just a partial income to the farm.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

I sell eggs and tomatoes in my lil' market stall near the road.

Oh, and milk if I feel lazy...
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

BC144601 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:22 pm Production chains or factories add a whole new dimension to the game I'm completely addicted to them, there are so many different kinds of factories it's crazy, try just one like the corn dryer, I run all my corn through the dryer because you get a lot more money for dried corn, try getting the extended oil plant you can make corn oil and soybean oil as well as the standard in game oils.
The combination of factories can get in depth, and in most cases you can automate them to go right into storage and when you need money go sell some products.

Keep in mind you need capital to keep the lights on and the farm running while the factories are working the factories for the most part are just a partial income to the farm.
Yes on the corn dryer. I didnt know it was already a production. Alma has one on the map I'm looking forward to trying out
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

hun3 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:12 pm I'm a money hungry Bratwurst so I do whatever brings in the most bacon....and yes I manually deliver to train to send it to Erlengrat if it saves a penny :D
Now that was really funny! Cheers. :biggrin2:
Siloam

Post by Siloam »

Ive been playing on calmsden most my fs 22 life. First came there with the feeling it was lacking, it has no productions and was bummed i had to get them myself. But seeing the challenge in rebuilding it my own i started saving money and...found out i was not missing the productions one bit. Stucked to farming and kinda fell in love with why i picked up this game, living my virtual farming days