Cannot Join Multiplayer

UpsetFarmer97

Cannot Join Multiplayer

Post by UpsetFarmer97 »

I am having an issue when I play Farming Simulator 17. My issue is whenever I try to join multiplayer, it gives me the message "No connection could be established to the server." I have tried basically everything, and nothing seems to work. I have turned the fire wall off and on, restarted the router, the computer, uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game files, port forwarding and more. I do not use a dedicated server, this is just me trying to join multiplayer. It does not even give me the chance to see the list of servers to join.

I am playing on a computer and launching through Steam.

I grabbed a friends laptop to test it and I was able to join multiplayer on their laptop, but not on mine, and both laptops were on the same wifi and have the EXACT (and I do mean exact, like we checked extensively) same settings for everything.

I also would like to point out that for further testing, I started up Farming Simulator 17 to try to connect to multiplayer, and it worked just fine, so the issue is with 19.

This error is devastating, as I have 281 hours in this game and never had had this issue, and love this game for chill game night. It seems many MANY people keep having the same issue and no one has a solution, so I am coming here to see if I can get any input.
DirectCedar

Re: Cannot Join Multiplayer

Post by DirectCedar »

I am having this exact issue with 19. It worked fine for years over hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay, then suddenly I cannot connect to the multiplayer servers for anything, neither to create nor join a game. I did not change anything on my system before this started happening, and I have since tried all the same steps as above - reset PC and router, reinstalled game, tried with and without all mods, rolled back Windows update, manually forced the DNS settings on the router, deleted the shader cache. Nothing works.

17 continues to connect normally on the same computer. 19 connects fine when installed on a different computer on the same LAN using the same internet connection. On the main computer that I basically bought just to play FS19, something in the game has gone haywire and it will not connect.

I get the following error at the end of my log file when I try to connect:
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Started network game (10823)
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Error: Startup with port while already running
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Warning: Couldn't reach front server for public key.
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Error: Failed to connect
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Warning: Couldn't reach front server for public key.
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Error: Failed to connect
> 2023-12-10 14:43 Application quit

Searching online, anecdotal evidence suggests this is a relatively common problem with 19, and Giants won't help anyone with it. I emailed their customer support with all this info, to ask if they had any idea what was causing it and what the next step could be in finding a solution, and they replied with no help at all.

Has anyone out there figured out what is causing this? I think there are a lot of people who can no longer play multiplayer because of this problem.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Try moving gamesettings.xml in the fs folder to documents. The game will create a new one when you run it and try then.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't help.
Guil

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:40 pm This may help?

https://www.farming-simulator.com/suppo ... connection
I've tried everything there too :sadnew: However I really do appreciate your suggestions.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have you tried a VPN? I have an issue sometimes trying to join particular servers and every time I get the message that the connection timed out. Start a VPN and I can connect to the server no problem. It's only a select few servers though
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:53 pm Have you tried a VPN? I have an issue sometimes trying to join particular servers and every time I get the message that the connection timed out. Start a VPN and I can connect to the server no problem. It's only a select few servers though
I have. Tried masking through a VPN as Germany, Austria, and Great Britain. No success.

I am guessing that something very obscure has been created by the game deep in a system file somewhere, which Giants' server is rejecting without flagging any log entry that actually tells me why. I have been nagging Giants about this to find out if there is a way they can tell on their side what the error is that their server is booting me on, so we can come up with a way to fix it. Their tech support so far is underwhelming :neutralnew:
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

UpsetFarmer97 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:02 am I am having an issue when I play Farming Simulator 17. My issue is whenever I try to join multiplayer, it gives me the message "No connection could be established to the server." I have tried basically everything, and nothing seems to work. I have turned the fire wall off and on, restarted the router, the computer, uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game files, port forwarding and more. I do not use a dedicated server, this is just me trying to join multiplayer. It does not even give me the chance to see the list of servers to join.

This error is devastating, as I have 281 hours in this game and never had had this issue, and love this game for chill game night. It seems many MANY people keep having the same issue and no one has a solution, so I am coming here to see if I can get any input.

Have you found any resolution for this? Mine is still doing this despite all sorts of research and trying many helpful suggestions from Guil in this and another thread. I've now missed out on my whole Christmas Break multiplayer season which I look forward to all year :sadnew: Giants has not responded to my tech support ticket.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

UpsetFarmer97 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:02 am I am having an issue when I play Farming Simulator 17. My issue is whenever I try to join multiplayer, it gives me the message "No connection could be established to the server." I have tried basically everything, and nothing seems to work. I have turned the fire wall off and on, restarted the router, the computer, uninstalled, reinstalled, verified game files, port forwarding and more. I do not use a dedicated server, this is just me trying to join multiplayer. It does not even give me the chance to see the list of servers to join.

I grabbed a friends laptop to test it and I was able to join multiplayer on their laptop, but not on mine, and both laptops were on the same wifi and have the EXACT (and I do mean exact, like we checked extensively) same settings for everything.

I also would like to point out that for further testing, I started up Farming Simulator 17 to try to connect to multiplayer, and it worked just fine, so the issue is with 19.

Any luck solving this problem? I remain stuck with it as well. Giants is ignoring my emails and my tech support ticket.
Interacti0n

Post by Interacti0n »

Same problem here, worked normaly for months and few days ago this error occured and no action from my side seems to be working... Also recieved no answer for my ticket :sadnew:
Please let me play :frown:
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Interacti0n wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:30 pm Same problem here, worked normaly for months and few days ago this error occured and no action from my side seems to be working... Also recieved no answer for my ticket :sadnew:
Please let me play :frown:
Yes this is an extremely frustrating situation. It seems plenty widespread enough to be a legitimate concern and not a random fluke one-off occurrence. I wish Giants would have a look at it.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Did you ever get this problem resolved? Mine is still doing it and I am locked out of multiplayer. I've tried over and over to get some information from Giants and all they will say is it's not a bug *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* :confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:
Guil

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:12 pm

Did you ever get this problem resolved? Mine is still doing it and I am locked out of multiplayer. I've tried over and over to get some information from Giants and all they will say is it's not a bug *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* :confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:
Have you tried Discord? This forum has always been terrible to get help direct from Giants
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Guil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:41 pm
Have you tried Discord? This forum has always been terrible to get help direct from Giants
No, but I guess that's the next step. I've opened two support tickets and sent four emails to customer support, including pages of information. The grand total of the response so far has been, "It is not a bug." :(