Why my grain not grow up?

ZbychD

Why my grain not grow up?

Post by ZbychD »

Hi boys :) I have problem. I bought Farming Simulator 22. So happy i has start easy farmer. First what i do is turn of season farming.
Then i I sowed the fields with wheat, but it doesn't grow :( I tried different settings, I rewinded the time by a few months, but the crop did not grow. The weeds did grow, but not the crop??? I probably don't have the season turned on because there is no growth calendar. Does this mean that I can't play without seasons? does that mean I'm stupid? I've read 100 pages about it and watched 30 videos on YouTube, but I haven't found a solution to my problem :(

Edit Farmer1602 : Moved from french part to english part
Just be nice and kind and the world will become a bit better. :)))
Bobbi-79

Re: Why my grain not grow up?

Post by Bobbi-79 »

You can play without seasonal growth enabled, but the wheat will still grow for 10 months. Enter the field and see what you have in the field information window in the lower right corner of the screen. Is it growing? Alternatively, check the growth stage on the map.
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

Hello Bobbi-79.
Thank you for your answer.:)
In my field the situation looks strange, to say the least. Immediately after sowing the crop, there was information that it was growing, an increase of 35%. I used lime, fertilizers and herbicides. Unfortunately, despite the passage of time, the increase in sowing was still 35%. As an experiment, I sped up time. After some time, the increase decreased to 25%, then 20%, now it is 15%.
When I go to the map and select the growth, the color of my fields is not in the legend. The strange thing is that the weeds had no problem and grew very large. What's even weirder is that, according to the information in the upper right corner, it's December, and poppies have bloomed in my field.
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

The "yield increase" (I don't know if it will be translated correctly because I use GT) was 35% at the beginning, then weeds appeared and the larger they were, the smaller the yield increase became. It's about the condition of the crop itself - is it growing?
On the map, go to the growth stages tab, not the crop tab, and see if the field is green.
What platform do you play on? You use Precision Farming?
I'm thinking... Your fields are not visible in the crops tab, after a month you should be able to see the plants in the field, and as I understand it, yours is empty... Everything indicates that... you didn't actually sow the wheat. Were the seeds taken from a seeder?
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

Welcome back :))
I play on PC computer.
I also have a lot of experience in farming 19. I have played over 3,000 hours and have a huge farm with 76 million euros in my account. :)

Now I'm in my garden feeding the birds, I also have work to do on my laser plotter. When I get home I will check if the field has actually been sown, but I think so.
My fields are not green in the map preview in any tab. They are brownish brown.
I sowed the fields with helpers, so it is unlikely that the seed would not be collected.

Thank you very much for being interested and wanting to help me.
I am an older person and sometimes I need a little more time to understand something than young people :)))
Regards Zibi :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ZbychD wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 pm Hi boys :) I have problem. I bought Farming Simulator 22. So happy i has start easy farmer. First what i do is turn of season farming.
Then i I sowed the fields with wheat, but it doesn't grow :( I tried different settings, I rewinded the time by a few months, but the crop did not grow. The weeds did grow, but not the crop??? I probably don't have the season turned on because there is no growth calendar. Does this mean that I can't play without seasons? does that mean I'm stupid? I've read 100 pages about it and watched 30 videos on YouTube, but I haven't found a solution to my problem :(

Edit Farmer1602 : Moved from french part to english part
Make sure the below setting is set to yes or no. There is also a "paused" option. If it is on paused then your crops won't grow. Hope this helps :hi:

PS5 / FS22
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

Make sure the below setting is set to yes or no. There is also a "paused" option. If it is on paused then your crops won't grow. Hope this helps :hi:

Heh, I've never turned off/paused seasonal growth, so I wouldn't have thought of it😏. I hope this is it.
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

I don't quite understand??? So can I play without seasons or not? I have seasonal growth turned off, not paused, which can be seen, among other things, in the lack of a growth calendar. My field is sown with wheat that does not grow. so what don't I understand here?
Bobbi-79

Post by Bobbi-79 »

Of course you can play with seasonal growth turned off. Turning it off allows you to sow/harvest in any month of the year, not only those specified in the crop calendar. However, I am running out of ideas what could be the reason for your wheat not growing, I have never had such a situation. Maybe some mod? I don't think I can help anymore... Maybe just sow the field again and check...?
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

I have delete my save of games and start as new, easy farmer. I have sown the grain again and it does not grow. I think I'm demanding a refund from Giants because why would I need a game that doesn't work?
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

my games is brad new, i not have any mods installed yet. Im 100% sure is something with options, that I don't understand or can't set.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

ZbychD wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:21 pm my games is brad new, i not have any mods installed yet. Im 100% sure is something with options, that I don't understand or can't set.
Regarding seasons is turned off or on, you still have growth length for each crop.
Seasons off only means you can plant and harvest any month of the year. So for example: if you can plant wheat only in August with seasons on, you can plant it any month with seasons off.

Here are the length of the basegame crops:
• Poplar 13 months
• Canola 11 months
• Sugarcane 10 months
• Wheat 10 months
• Barley 9 months
• Cotton 8 months
• Sunflowers 7 months
• Potatoes 7 months
• Olives 7 months
• Grapes 6 months
• Soybeans 6 months
• Corn 6 months
• Sugar Beet 5 months
• Oat 4 months
• Sorghum 4 months
• Grass 2 months/ 3 months
• Oilseed Radish 1 month

Although you can harvest grass after 2 months, you get a better yield after 3 months.

I don't understand why your crops won't grow, can you tell us which steps you took, did you plow/cultivate first for example??

Since you don't have any mods, I guess you play one of the basegame maps without any mods?

ZbychD wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm I think I'm demanding a refund from Giants because why would I need a game that doesn't work?
That's pretty weird since the game and growing crops works for everybody else. So before you do that please tell us more on your issue.

So no mods, basegame map, and its not growing after giving it the appropriate time for the crop to grow?

Because I see you only talking about percentages but there are no percentages when crops are growing, you can only see in the menu with the growth filters a green state going from light to darker. The percentages you were talking about earlier was about the yield, that was going down because weeds were growing in your field and you need to spray them. But if you plow before seeding, no weeds will grow at all.

ZbychD wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:44 am When I go to the map and select the growth, the color of my fields is not in the legend.
Can you post a screenshot here about your legend tab? You can upload the image by going to https://image.giants-software.com/ upload it and copy the BB code in here, so from [ img] to [/img ]
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

he he he are you trying to tell me that my church will grow when I get old? 10 months??? Will I still be alive when the harvest time comes? I'm already 63 years old and I don't know if I can play a game where I have to wait 10 months to harvest grain? Of course I'm joking, I know I can set one month to one day. But it looks at least strange. Yes, I play on Elmcreek and I don't have any mods.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

ZbychD wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:51 pm he he he are you trying to tell me that my church will grow when I get old? 10 months??? Will I still be alive when the harvest time comes? I'm already 63 years old and I don't know if I can play a game where I have to wait 10 months to harvest grain? Of course I'm joking, I know I can set one month to one day. But it looks at least strange. Yes, I play on Elmcreek and I don't have any mods.
😂🤣 Yes in-game months lol.

So did you wait till the end of the growth length of the crop you are trying to grow? It will take some months before you see the first growth visually on the field. You can see if your crop is growing by going to stand in your field and look at the bottom right info menu, when it says growing it is growing. But visually it will take some time for the crop textures to show.

So what I suggest, see it as a test savegame:
Open a new save without any mods ofcourse.
Set the day to 1 day a month. Plant whatever you wanna plant. And just go to sleep a couple times and watch what happens to your field.

I'm really trying to help you out because I'm really curious about what is going on.
ZbychD

Post by ZbychD »

Thank you Tommy for your support.
There's probably a problem with me.
I remember 30 years ago when I couldn't understand the lack of scale in Auto-Cad. After some time, an epiphany occurred and I still draw in Auto CAD. In new farming, it's probably the same. I just need to understand this. Thank you for wanting to help me with this :))