FS22: Last pressed key gets stuck

bongo_vysal

FS22: Last pressed key gets stuck

Post by bongo_vysal »

Last key I press gets permanently stuck immediately after loading any savegame, makes game unplayable. It was happening from time to time before, but it lasted only for 1 minute or so, then it was fine. I know it's probably a mod, but i use 627 of them so checking them one by one is impossible. I don't understand code from log very much. Mod checker app doesn't see problems neither. This thing happened after I added few mods, but continues even after i removed them. I would appreciate some solution without removing any important mods.

log: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

thanks
JensChrDK

Re: FS22: Last pressed key gets stuck

Post by JensChrDK »

bongo_vysal wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:49 pm so checking them one by one is impossible.
Time consuming, yes - but not impossible.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

That log file is 152MB, that is insane! Can you delete your log file, run the game for a few seconds and then post the smaller log file.

Also, there is no need to test removing mods one by one, use binary division, i.e. remove half, test, remove half again, etc. If the problem goes then the mod was in the half that you just removed, so use half of those next and carry on. Start with all of the script mods, as it is probably one of those, so you can massively reduce the actual number that you need to test.
bongo_vysal

Post by bongo_vysal »

Here's log from running game for few seconds after loading - 80mb:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

here's without loading:
Attachments
log.txt 3.txt
(104.53 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
n0tr3adY

Post by n0tr3adY »

Checking few lines in your first log.txt shows some points.
You have mods unzipped in your mod folder. If you not a modder, you don't need to unzip them.
You can check the log.txt yourself, there are many error and LUA entries at modlist, like

2023-12-12 14:13 Load mod: FS22_easyChangeTransmissionType
2023-12-12 14:13 Error: Invalid customEnvironment given for SpecializationManager.addSpecialization. Should be a string or nil.
2023-12-12 14:13 LUA call stack:

or

2023-12-12 14:13 Load mod: FS22_IncreaseLightRange
2023-12-12 14:13 Error: Invalid self object given for SpecializationManager.addSpecialization. Usage: 'g_specializationManager:addSpecialization(name, className, filename, customEnvironment)'
2023-12-12 14:13 LUA call stack:
=dataS/scripts/mods.lua (418) : printCallstack

You can look for this kinds of errors in each line in log.txt and delete those mods which are generating them.

I can suggest the following steps.
Keep your game updated to last patch.
Keep your mods (especially scripts) updated.
then check again your log.txt and remove those faulty mods.
bongo_vysal

Post by bongo_vysal »

I did that binary division, problem was real life numbers mod, which is very unfortunate because that's one of my most favorite mods. It's strange that it worked for a year and now there's a problem.

however

When I zip all my mods the game wont run at all (black background and won't find any savegame).

I had to downgrade my game before because newest version won't run (same problem).

Never tried update any mod, maybe Il'l try this.