My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

FBtheSQL

Re: My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

Post by FBtheSQL »

NewHollandLegend wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:55 am I understand my ideas are probably a little far fetched and juvenile to think they could expand the game even beyond productions. I’m 33 btw and I personally know 23 people that play farming simulator and of those only one is under the age of 18yo.
A slaughterhouse isn’t a be all, end all type of suggestion. i’d just like to see them develop the next game with the same enthusiasm they had when they made 22. Production Chains are a huge step forward for them in my opinion.
I dont pretend to be a farmer just on this game. I own my own Maple sugar and hay farm. We employ 6 people. I have over 10,000 taps and make around 17,000 square bales a year. This question he asked asked what you wanted, not what the general consensus wanted. I have my list, you have yours. Pretty simple concept when you think about it. All you guys don’t need to critique lists that don’t match up to what you want because at the end of the day that’s a lot more “juvenile” than me answering a question. Now isn’t it?
My tip for you to pretend there is a slaughter house was legit. There's nothing wrong with pretending. For example, I pretend I can't beeline it to my destination, and need to follow the roads even though there are no fences.

Also, if you knew me, you wouldn't question whether I work for Giants or not.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

NewHollandLegend wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:55 am I understand my ideas are probably a little far fetched and juvenile to think they could expand the game even beyond productions.
I don’t think so, I’m just giving you legitimate advice. And that’s coming from someone who believes productions are the single most poorly implemented feature in any of the games and are a joke. The only acceptable handful are all done by modders and bend the production system to work in a different way than intended. My point stands that what you want is available to you and if you want it you’ll have to switch to PC. You’re asking the company that made a modder remove a grim reaper from a combine mod because a parent complained and have openly stated on their podcast this will never make the game and neither will wine productions. I just hate to see ya hope for nothing.
Fredashay

Post by Fredashay »

How about rear view mirrors that actually show what's behind you...

(again, take a clue from ETS2)
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

NewHollandLegend wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:55 am I understand my ideas are probably a little far fetched and juvenile to think they could expand the game even beyond productions. I’m 33 btw and I personally know 23 people that play farming simulator and of those only one is under the age of 18yo.
So you know 23 people that play the game out of over 1 million copies sold, I'd say that's pretty good odds no kids are playing. How about the posts that are on here with parents asking how to do things for their kids? How about the fact that most kids these days are either to young or not bothered to be on forums such as this?

The thing that bothered me the most though is not what you'd like to see, in fact, I don't think anybody is criticizing the things you'd like to see, Its that when they tried to explain to you why it wouldn't happen you had to get all argumentative. That and your, "I demand". Who are you to get to demand anything for this game?
Playing on PC and PS4
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Follow Me…yes, I know about scripts. It’s still a wish.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

I'm not on console but I am enjoying this thread. Personally I think anyone, American or our neighbors across the pond, who is a farmer irl deserves a darn standing ovation. I bought a little piece of land in the midwest last year and put a few animals on it, bought a small tractor to do light forestry and work about 22 acres of hay field/pasture and as a man with no farming background whatsoever prior to that I can tell you farming in any capacity is not for the wimpy, unintelligent or faint of heart. Utmost respect to all you real farmers out there.
Fredashay

Post by Fredashay »

For more realism, separate shops where you buy different things.
Like, you go to the John Deere dealership to buy tractors, and the Lizard dealership to buy cars and pickup trucks, and the Mack dealership to buy semi trucks, and Agway (or equivalent) to buy fertilizer and seeds and some smaller equipment...
Fredashay

Post by Fredashay »

When you buy equipment, have a list off to the side of the screen to tell us which trailers can carry the header we're looking at, or which header the trailer we're looking at can carry, or which forks will mount to the tractor we're looking at, or which bucket can mount to the bucket loader we're looking at, etc., etc...
Smokee

Post by Smokee »

Fix the physics and handling of cars and trucks. It is just ridiculous, GTA did this better 25 years ago.
Make those displays working in the tractors/harvesters.
Fredashay

Post by Fredashay »

^ This ^
ETS2 does semi-truck handling much better, too.
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Fredashay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:36 pm ^ This ^
ETS2 does semi-truck handling much better, too.
Pretty obvious since ETS2 is a trucksim and FS22 a Farmsim.
You can't compare those 2 since SCS Software and Giants Software are using different game engines as well.

But besides that I agree that Giants can improve handling on vehicles other then farm equipment.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'd like expanded AI. Maybe a way for the workers to drive to different locations. Haul grains. Deliver equipment. We could have a worker menu where we could set tasks for them and such.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Fredashay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:00 pm When you buy equipment, have a list off to the side of the screen to tell us which trailers can carry the header we're looking at, or which header the trailer we're looking at can carry, or which forks will mount to the tractor we're looking at, or which bucket can mount to the bucket loader we're looking at, etc., etc...

Pretty sure it does give you compatibility options in-game already
XBOX/ FS22
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:33 pm
Fredashay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:00 pm When you buy equipment, have a list off to the side of the screen to tell us which trailers can carry the header we're looking at, or which header the trailer we're looking at can carry, or which forks will mount to the tractor we're looking at, or which bucket can mount to the bucket loader we're looking at, etc., etc...

Pretty sure it does give you compatibility options in-game already
Indeed, you can press the "combinations" option when in the shop menu. I believe click right stick on controller, don't remember what button for keyboard atm.

So when you look at a header, click the "combinations" and the correct trailer will be shown. Same for all those other option you mentioned @Fredashay
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:38 pm I'd like expanded AI. Maybe a way for the workers to drive to different locations. Haul grains. Deliver equipment. We could have a worker menu where we could set tasks for them and such.
Even virtual AI would make me happy?
In your worker menu, assign a worker and vehicle to a task. Each task has a specified time to complete. Then the vehicle disappears for that time, and then the task is auto-completed.