My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

NewHollandLegend

Re: My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

Post by NewHollandLegend »

Urinal2001 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:45 am I think the original point being made was essentially that kids will play a game they want to play, regardless of the age rating. COD being popular with younger players, despite being rated M, was just used as the example. I think thats fair.

As to the claim that the American kids who raid their uncles personal armory and shoot up a school being related to their choice of games.... Theres a whole lot being ignored. I think its largely correct to say that kids who have an interest in guns will play games like COD, and i also think its largely correct to say that kids who shoot up a school have an interest in guns. They ARE linked, but not in a 'shooting games cause gun violence' type of way. Just because there is a substantial cross over between those two demographics (also that, lets be honest here, who HASNT played a COD game at some point? Its like saying all school shooters have drank water at some point, ergo, water intake cause gun violence)
💯
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:35 am
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 pm No actually in Europe, kids and even lots of adults tend to want to play games like this. It is mostly places like here in the states that our kids are murdus little shits who focus on cod and the like until they go put their weirdo fantasies into rl practice at some unsuspecting school(there are numerous studies supporting the game preference thing. I am not going to cite it as I don't really care, if you don't believe me, some quick internet searches will provide proof). Leave them and their non trigger happy rating alone.
That's complete and utter nonsense. Farming simulator is no where near as popular as cod or whatever other shooting games there is over here, since I started playing fs almost 9 years ago I've only come across 2 people I know that also play FS but at the same time I could fill a book with the names of people that play these shooting games.
You from Ireland? FS is quite big over there
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Hang on a sec.... let me dig around in my little bag here.. yep here are a couple.. studies and otherwise compiled data by verifiable sources!

Using data from CNN as it seems to be a medium based on the studies I was able to find says that from Jan 2009 - May 2018 the US had a staggering 288 school shootings based on the criteria they use to define these things which is still lower than "The Violence Project's K-12 School Shooting Database, whose definition of school shootings includes any incident in which 'a gun is brandished, is fired, or a bullet hits school property for any reason, regardless of the number of victims, time, or day of the week', has tracked more than 300 shootings in both 2022 and 2023." compared to aprox. 42 across the other 26 countries listed as being tracked. This data does not include shootings and other attacks attributed to terrorist attacks and/or incidence related to large scale gangs like drug cartels in SA countries.
Data compiled by Newzoo & Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Out of the US, China, Japan, S. Korea, Germany, UK, France and Canada, in 2019 The US and China projected massive sales of video games topping over 36bn each with Japan following up on 19bn and the other 5 countries which averaged close to the same, finished up with a total of just over 26bn in sales. The general gun violence numbers tell us that per 100,000 people in 2017, the US has an unsettling 4.7 people killed by gun violence vs the combined total of the other 7 countries listed aprox. 1.1 gun violence related deaths per 100,000 people with Canada leading that pack with a whooping .47 per 100,000.
As to the european love for simulators comment, um.... almost every single simulator made that is worth a grain of salt comes from that part of the world. I didn't even know it was a debate honestly.
Look, there is a LOT of data out there about violence around the world and things that cause it. You will NEVER find a valid claim that it is caused by video games, violent or otherwise, because said supporting data doesn't exist and while they can play a part, it is only one variable in an endless barrage of crazy that we call life. To suggest there is only one cause of such a complex issue is just silly, like trying to put the blame entirely on any other one cause like parenting. My main point, based on the numbers and a glance at more numbers would suggest that while I may not be entirely right, I am not wrong either. It is just a complex issue.
Please don't ever accuse me twisting, fabricating or manipulating any facts. I will always come with the best information I have at the time and if at any point I am presented with a valid counter argument, I will go fact check for myself. I honestly just didn't wanna do research because I don't really give a **** about this argument. Thanks.

Edit, also not that it is any of your business but I have raised 3 wonderful, open minded kids. My oldest knew from about a freshman that higher education wasn't for him but we still taught him to work hard and make good choices. He has settled down in North Dakota with a nice job and is starting a family. He started making his own house payments about 8 months ago. My middle lives on camp at the SIU working on a 4 year degree in arts. He wants to be a teacher. My baby is still in highschool and is freaking AMAZING!! She has been dating the same girl for a few years and has worked since she was old enough to get a work permit. She is in all the clubs and does sports. Has an academic scholarship already lined up to a nice school. She is the social butterfly I always dreamed of being. So please tell me again how my parenting factors into this at all?!?!?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I don't want to get into a big debate, but CNN is not a trustworthy source for anything, in my opinion.
Off the top of my head I recall hearing that being bullied in school/social media, not having friends at school/social media, being ignored by girls at school/social media, as excuses for kids flipping out. I also recall decades ago violence being blamed on rock and roll.

It seems it's easier to pass the blame as somebody said in an earlier post.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

One of the things we all seem to agree on is that there is no one single reason for these things happening, its always a combination of factors. Whether its culture, society, media, mental health, or a myriad of other things.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

You have a better chance of dying in a car than being shot in the US, but nobody is trying to ban cars.......yet.....
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:54 pm You have a better chance of dying in a car than being shot in the US, but nobody is trying to ban cars.......yet.....
But, if you live in the US your odds of being shot go up dramatically. :lol:
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:17 pm Hang on a sec.... let me dig around in my little bag here.. yep here are a couple.. studies and otherwise compiled data by verifiable sources!

Using data from CNN as it seems to be a medium based on the studies I was able to find says that from Jan 2009 - May 2018 the US had a staggering 288 school shootings based on the criteria they use to define these things which is still lower than "The Violence Project's K-12 School Shooting Database, whose definition of school shootings includes any incident in which 'a gun is brandished, is fired, or a bullet hits school property for any reason, regardless of the number of victims, time, or day of the week', has tracked more than 300 shootings in both 2022 and 2023." compared to aprox. 42 across the other 26 countries listed as being tracked. This data does not include shootings and other attacks attributed to terrorist attacks and/or incidence related to large scale gangs like drug cartels in SA countries.
Data compiled by Newzoo & Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Out of the US, China, Japan, S. Korea, Germany, UK, France and Canada, in 2019 The US and China projected massive sales of video games topping over 36bn each with Japan following up on 19bn and the other 5 countries which averaged close to the same, finished up with a total of just over 26bn in sales. The general gun violence numbers tell us that per 100,000 people in 2017, the US has an unsettling 4.7 people killed by gun violence vs the combined total of the other 7 countries listed aprox. 1.1 gun violence related deaths per 100,000 people with Canada leading that pack with a whooping .47 per 100,000.
As to the european love for simulators comment, um.... almost every single simulator made that is worth a grain of salt comes from that part of the world. I didn't even know it was a debate honestly.
Look, there is a LOT of data out there about violence around the world and things that cause it. You will NEVER find a valid claim that it is caused by video games, violent or otherwise, because said supporting data doesn't exist and while they can play a part, it is only one variable in an endless barrage of crazy that we call life. To suggest there is only one cause of such a complex issue is just silly, like trying to put the blame entirely on any other one cause like parenting. My main point, based on the numbers and a glance at more numbers would suggest that while I may not be entirely right, I am not wrong either. It is just a complex issue.
Please don't ever accuse me twisting, fabricating or manipulating any facts. I will always come with the best information I have at the time and if at any point I am presented with a valid counter argument, I will go fact check for myself. I honestly just didn't wanna do research because I don't really give a **** about this argument. Thanks.

Edit, also not that it is any of your business but I have raised 3 wonderful, open minded kids. My oldest knew from about a freshman that higher education wasn't for him but we still taught him to work hard and make good choices. He has settled down in North Dakota with a nice job and is starting a family. He started making his own house payments about 8 months ago. My middle lives on camp at the SIU working on a 4 year degree in arts. He wants to be a teacher. My baby is still in highschool and is freaking AMAZING!! She has been dating the same girl for a few years and has worked since she was old enough to get a work permit. She is in all the clubs and does sports. Has an academic scholarship already lined up to a nice school. She is the social butterfly I always dreamed of being. So please tell me again how my parenting factors into this at all?!?!?
I'm sorry now but if you really didn't give a **** then why are you so hell bent on proving you're right with a big comment like that, I'm just curious why people say they dont care when judging by you're comment you clearly do. And nobody specifically mentioned youre kids or parenting in any of this, then again it seems to be a trend with you giving you're life story on every comment.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:17 pm Hang on a sec.... let me dig around in my little bag here.. yep here are a couple.. studies and otherwise compiled data by verifiable sources!

It’s not even a question we have more school shootings or gun violence in general. The countries you’re comparing us to have no or extremely limited gun ownership. You’re changing the narrative because you could find no facts to validate your original claims. When it comes to homicidal violence we’re on the high side of average across the world so what’s your point? People who commit crimes use the best tool available to them? What did that have to do with video game violence? Cool you have kids, so do I and so do millions of others my point wasn’t singling anyone out individually. Quite the opposite I’m blaming everyone we all make up society. It’s the idea we might have to pay better attention to our children and their needs. Not accepting ridiculous narratives that somehow types of media that millions or even billions partake in without issue are to blame. The point being that as others have said it’s a litany of other factors that can cause the issues YOU brought into this but the one factor that has control on how those things are consumed or affect an individual child is the parent or guardian.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:06 pm

But, if you live in the US your odds of being shot go up dramatically. :lol:
Or maybe we just have alot more agenda driven dramatic people 🤔
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I like turtles.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 am I like turtles.
Hey that's way off topic. This thread is about wish lists for the next game, and nothing else. :lol:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:37 am
Hey that's way off topic. This thread is about wish lists for the next game, and nothing else. :lol:
Oh right, yeah.

Uhh...

I like turtles, and I wish they were seen in appropriate waterways in the next FS edition.

Nailed it!
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:12 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:37 am
Oh right, yeah.

Uhh...

I like turtles, and I wish they were seen in appropriate waterways in the next FS edition.

Nailed it!
Perfect.
We're going to need turtle crossing signs on the roadways too.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 pm Perfect.
We're going to need turtle crossing signs on the roadways too.
Well now you're just being silly; turtles cant read, how would they know to cross at the sign?!