Intermittent problem with PC and Xbox Elite Controller

Helazak

Intermittent problem with PC and Xbox Elite Controller

Post by Helazak »

My Xbox Elite controller is enstalled as a bluetooth device but is connected via USB so it remains under power. I also have a Chatpad connected. The system works fine. However, intermittently it will just stop working. I will have to unplug the cord and plug it back in and wait a few seconds for the computer to re-recognize the controller. Then it will be good for another 15-45 minutes until it happens again.

Any suggestions what is happening/how to fix it?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Guil

Re: Intermittent problem with PC and Xbox Elite Controller

Post by Guil »

I'm guessing it's installing a driver and overriding the bluetooth. Would it not be easier to just connect it via cable if you are doing it all the time anyway?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I have tried both. Last night my controller was failing every 5 minutes and I would have to unplug and replug the cord and finally I checked my bluetooth devices and the controller was gone so I detected it again and then it worked fine for another 45 min.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is the control itself goosed?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I am currently trying using it with no cord to see if it works better. That should demonstrate any controller problems

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Still having problems. i tried removing the wire connection and just using Bluetooth. (actually had to return my controller for a new one cuz I was getting a not recognized device error, new one is not recognized but still has the problem).
Currently, I try to play with only a bluetooth connection and use the wire to an AC outlet just to repower the controller. It works better but I will be playing and all of a sudden the controller stops working. I go to my bluetooth settings and they say the controller is not connected. I delete it and try to reconnect and nothing happnes. That is when I pull out the cord and connect it direct and then it works, for a while. got about 10 min out of it then it stopped working. disconnected the cord and tried to reconnect with bluetooth. This time it worked.

Is this just my machine or do others have the same issue?
Would going to a PS2 contrller be better than the xbox controller for PC connections?

Guil

Post by Guil »

I've been using an xbox controller for about 3 years only on bluetooth and it's issue free. I have 2 rechargeable battery packs but don't think that is the issue
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Same as Guil, I have been using Xbox controllers(including Elite) for years with battery packs connected via a Xbox Wireless Adapter for windows and never had any issues.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I found a number of web sites that talk about xbox controllers not working on PC. Its not an FS22 issue.
Trying some suggestions about power save mode.
Have you downloaded the xbox accessories app onto your PC? I hadn't.

Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

I've never used the xbox app only setup in Steam, I do however disable any power saving features in windows so that may be something.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Xbox app is mostly redundant as is the accessories app