Used market prices?

sleepy3103

Used market prices?

Post by sleepy3103 »

So I have only been playing FS22 for a few weeks but I watched a lot of videos on the game from youtubers. My used market prices are really high compared to what I have seen so I wamted to ask here if this is correct or a bug.
When I look at the used section the hughest discount I have seen is like 12 percent. There is no incentive to buy something used with the single digit percentage discount that most of them have. Did giants patch it to where the prices are less of a discount or is something wrong? I have searched and searched and found nothing.
Cokey

Re: Used market prices?

Post by Cokey »

Dont think so my friend. I was on court farms last night and there were 2 tractors with 50-58% off and a truck with 60% off. Maybe its the map you're on. Only a guess though
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Was it Multiplayer? In multiplayer the equipment others sell goes to the used category
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
sleepy3103

Post by sleepy3103 »

Thanks for the replies. I am on Elmcreek single player, on new farmer mode. I dont know what up with it. The used prices don't really make it worth even looking at. Highest percent discount I have seen is 12 percent.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Does game difficulty matter? Is the discount randomized?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I play on the hardest setting and I know I’ve gotten some pretty random discounts. I know of at least a 40% on a semi. I would turn auto save off and start sleeping and checking the sales every day and see if you get any as a test.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The discount is reflected on how many hours are on the equipment, you might just live in the rich part of elm Creek where the AI trade in more frequently lol.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I use the used vehicle sales system customiser because the default of 4 is a bit limiting as in the real world dealers would have more than 4 peices of used equipment for sale and today we have online classifieds.
Last edited by Gugernoot215 on Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
sleepy3103

Post by sleepy3103 »

I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Something to consider on used machinery. In my experience anything over or nearing 40 working hours are not worth it. It feels like the maintenance is more often. I haven’t tested it, but it definitely seems like the 40 hour mark is when you start get to nickel and dimed. I never keep anything close to 40 work hours, 32 is usually time for a replacement.
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

Are you using the vehicles sales customizer mod? The discount is less in that by default. If so, you would have to change the settings in the mod’s .xml to get it back around 50%.
There’s no place like utopia.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

LittleWatt wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:03 pm Something to consider on used machinery. In my experience anything over or nearing 40 working hours are not worth it. It feels like the maintenance is more often. I haven’t tested it, but it definitely seems like the 40 hour mark is when you start get to nickel and dimed. I never keep anything close to 40 work hours, 32 is usually time for a replacement.
I'm such a map jumper and equipment trader that I usually never see more than 10 hrs. But Moses sandals that doesn't seem like many hours until you need to replace machinery. My combine in Alma already has 6 hrs and I feel like I'm just getting started lol
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:49 am
I'm such a map jumper and equipment trader that I usually never see more than 10 hrs. But Moses sandals that doesn't seem like many hours until you need to replace machinery. My combine in Alma already has 6 hrs and I feel like I'm just getting started lol
There’s definitely differences in opinions on this. I’ve got some stuff well over 100 and I don’t really think it’s a crazy difference. I would be surprised if you ran the numbers if the maintenance would equal the loss on resale at 40.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 am
There’s definitely differences in opinions on this. I’ve got some stuff well over 100 and I don’t really think it’s a crazy difference. I would be surprised if you ran the numbers if the maintenance would equal the loss on resale at 40.
True, also I was only taking the hours into consideration. Used price could easily get overrun by maintenance from some of the prices I've seen. I wish the used market had a rotation of one item from each category so I could utilize this feature more often. It seems like I already have what I need or it's stuff I wasn't planning on buying for awhile.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I spend h7ndreds of hours on maps. But I often role play manufactures selling machinery for less if buying all the same brand. Buy and Ideal 9 and get 25K off a 939. When I worked in the medical field these type of combo deals were common. Buy a new 1.5 million CT scanner and we’ll sell an x-ray for half and pay for the install, or have three extra years of free high cost parts.

I would assume agricultural companies would do the same. It pushes brand recognition and helps market share.