CoursePlay

Helazak

CoursePlay

Post by Helazak »

I keep looking for a place to ask CoursePlay questions and can't find one so I decided to just start one.

First question: Is there a way to have courseplay settings local for each save game?
I have two versions of ElmCreek. My main game and a pristine map where I do testing.
But there appears to be only one CoursePlay file for Elmcreek so if I make a custom field it shows up on every Elmcreek map. If I delete one on one map it dissapears on every map.
Anybody figure out a work around?

Links provider by other posters and placed here for convienience
https://github.com/Courseplay/Courseplay_FS22
Last edited by Helazak on Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Re: CoursePlay

Post by Drmattymd »

Dont make a custom field. Plow the outside border using "create field", park tractor in the plowed area, open cp mini hud, select "no course" to open course generator, CP should recognize the field border and you can then save the course for that field
Playing on PC and PS4
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

That is what I normally do but at times there is a need to draw a custom field.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

I'm not aware of any way to have different custom fields per save
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You could remove the custom field folder. You’d have to swap them per save but I would assume that would work
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

oooooo nice idea. I have a backup that still has all those fields. Great idea.

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

OK I have another problem. I am following up on my idea of mowing the public greenspace as if it were a government contract which would allow me to collect the grass. But the shapes are very unusual and I either mow them by hand or make custom fields. But they are very unusual shapes and I cant select Island bypass to avoid buildings. I have been using courseplay to develop a route but then I have to edit it, and sometimes it wont give me a solution. The editing is very cumbersome. What I would like to do is record a route. Courseplay lets you record a field but not a route. I was thinking autodrive might be a solution but when I activate the route it dissables my attachments. How do I record a route in Courseplay or get Autodrive to let the implements work?

Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

I could do that which your asking about in FS19. However i have not tried it in FS22. If it works at all make sure to not connect field route to road route as autodrive doesn't activate equipment when entering a field or bar ditch along a road. You must manually activate equipment. Then activate autodrive. All i would know to do is try Autodrive with above suggestion. Courseplay i have never tried to do such a route. Y'all have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I made a route with Autodrive by mowing. I did connect the first stop to an existing road route and named the final point but did not connect it. Without any attachments the route works fine. But when I try to run the mower on autodrive it dissables the mowers and drives the route. If i have a baier attached to the back of the mower, it wont shut it off but wont drive either.

I am still new to autodrive so am not sure if there is a way to use combine mode.

UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Helazak wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:38 am I made a route with Autodrive by mowing. I did connect the first stop to an existing road route and named the final point but did not connect it. Without any attachments the route works fine. But when I try to run the mower on autodrive it dissables the mowers and drives the route. If i have a baier attached to the back of the mower, it wont shut it off but wont drive either.

I am still new to autodrive so am not sure if there is a way to use combine mode.
It’s been a bit since I’ve messed with the settings in depth, but you should check if there’s a setting that shuts off or folds implements
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Found it. Autodrive had a setting for implements. Works now.

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

noticed a thing in courseplay. On a course sometimes the AI will lift the implement for no reason and leave a section undone. I will go over it again and start the helper to redo the section and it will lift the implement. Anybody else notice this?

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Helazak wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:38 am noticed a thing in courseplay. On a course sometimes the AI will lift the implement for no reason and leave a section undone. I will go over it again and start the helper to redo the section and it will lift the implement. Anybody else notice this?
Make sure you have it set to "raise late" and "lower early"
Playing on PC and PS4
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:25 pm Make sure you have it set to "raise late" and "lower early"
Did that. This is in the middle of a field.

kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I hope I understood it correctly that others are welcome to ask questions about Courseplay.

I have tried to plow a field using Courseplay. It seems to work best if you work the center first and the headland last. But when Courseplay gets started on the headland, it will always turn the dirt towards unplowed ground. It does not matter if you ask it to go clockwise or anti-clockwise. That is not how we plow in my part of the world. But I doen't see any options to set it up as I want. Did not find any clues on the github, nor on a Youtube tutorial. Is there something I don't see?
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)