PS5, FS22 and fps drop

diar1410

PS5, FS22 and fps drop

Post by diar1410 »

Hello, until recently I bought the PS5 and downloaded FS22 which I played on PS4, logically I downloaded the version for PS5 when starting the game on the ELMCREEK map I thought that having a more powerful console I would not have so much problem with the FPS drop, especially when There are many trees nearby or a lot of machinery together, my question is does the same happen to everyone? And if this is due to the game's graphics engine, which needs much more optimization to prevent this from happening?
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
Guil

Re: PS5, FS22 and fps drop

Post by Guil »

There is the magic O word again lol. It's just a fact of having too much of anything in 1 area, you are never going to get a perfect game that doesn't have fps drops when a huge amount of anything is displayed that you can interact with or move etc
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Guil wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:50 am There is the magic O word again lol. It's just a fact of having too much of anything in 1 area, you are never going to get a perfect game that doesn't have fps drops when a huge amount of anything is displayed that you can interact with or move etc
I'm always a bit bemused when "optimization" is suggested as a universal "fix" for performance issues.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yep, always get's thrown about like it's a slider that you just move up lol
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

In their defense I would say that most companies have gotten pretty lazy with their patch notes and tend to bury a bunch of fixes under the blanket of “general optimization” which is what seems to have at least partially made the term popular in the first place.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:06 pm In their defense I would say that most companies have gotten pretty lazy with their patch notes and tend to bury a bunch of fixes under the blanket of “general optimization” which is what seems to have at least partially made the term popular in the first place.
And it does get bandied around "Yeah, needs optimising" and "Poorly optimised ..." and of course PR speak "Fully Optimized!!!" which is a load of pig manure as we all know.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:06 pm In their defense I would say that most companies have gotten pretty lazy with their patch notes and tend to bury a bunch of fixes under the blanket of “general optimization” which is what seems to have at least partially made the term popular in the first place.
What I have said about optimization is a question since I do not have the knowledge about that, but I also know that it is something that is not easy to be aware of and I also know that if I have a lot of everything I will have a fall, what happens is that in Sometimes I have used maps where there are not many trees nor do I have much machinery and it still happens but I understand that it is somewhat complex to solve it
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

On Xbox Series S I do have the same problem. But there are actually two kind of problems:

FPS, on Xbox I've solved this with a VRR monitor (AMD FreeSync)
Lag, I haven't been able to fix this, it happens when equipment is nearby, but for example on Zielonka and the Horsch map also in the village, without other equiment nearby. When it happens with equipment, there is not that much equipment on the map, only what comes standard with the map or less.