[Request / Inquiry] More Methane and Eletric Tools

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Jes McDevlin

[Request / Inquiry] More Methane and Eletric Tools

Post by Jes McDevlin »

Hey all; first time here sorry if i've missed any mega-threads on it or this is the wrong place but; Is anyone working on or know of work being done on more Electric and Methane powered toys? Just got into BGA stuff and man my excitement to use these renewable energy types was quickly killed off. Right now, the alternate fuel vehicles in game are so very limited in scope. Not strong enough for even medium field work, and no narrow tires to do lower power Fertilization/Lime field work, and too slow to be go-fers. I was also expecting to see more optional fuel types such as liquid propane vehicles by now but no such luck it seems. Not even propane injected diesel options. :(

As for the request;
I'd love to put in a request for some semi-realistic / Near-Future tech vehicles that hold up to at least mid-game niches. Maybe just some conversions for existing mods would be great! Maybe tack on a nose-tank for the extra fuel needed for methane, or replace the engine with batteries and strap some extra boxes for them on the sides of a current tractor? Maybe some other unique fuel options such as Ethanol, LPG, or even something like hydrogen cells! Don't need anything insane like nuclear powered tractors. :P

What I'd like to see:

A smaller tractor with the compact field scanner, and narrow tires for fertilization work since that's low power.

A faster tractor with front end loader or maybe a faster telehandler or even wheel loader would be amazing. Electricity is known for pumping out power on demand so i'd love to see something a little faster in these maybe? Or methane wheel loader?

A larger medium tractor with some moderate power (200-300 HP|150-225 KW) for mid game field work. Perfect candidate for methane i'd think.

A medium size dedicated mower or smaller forage harvester perhaps?

Trucks (Tractor trailer kind) with different fuel options.

If anyone can point me to some mods like this or if you're working on such things i'd love to know!

Thanks all. :) Good luck with your harvests.
Dogface

Re: [Request / Inquiry] More Methane and Eletric Tools

Post by Dogface »

You could mod existing vehicles to electric fairly easily. Look at the Faresin teleLoader.
Jes McDevlin

Post by Jes McDevlin »

Never really tried my hand at modding. That and i sadly don't have the room for the Giants Editor. IIRC isn't it like 100GB @_@
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

68.8 MB on the drive
Jes McDevlin

Post by Jes McDevlin »

Oh snap, i wonder which editor i was thinking of,... Thanks for letting me know! I'll try my hand at it. :)
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Oh, and you would probably only need Notepad++ for those mods. The motor is in the XML, not the i3d.