Game lag on ps4

Michaelanders

Game lag on ps4

Post by Michaelanders »

Am having game lag when sleeping or in the shop on ps4
eric21

Re: Game lag on ps4

Post by eric21 »

What map you using? Any mods you using? Is it when you start a save game?
Michaelanders

Post by Michaelanders »

It's happening the worst on Hickory Valley blank map and it happens when I sleep or use the shop and last night it took me almost 5 minutes to save my game
Michaelanders

Post by Michaelanders »

But it has happened on other Maps also just not as severe
Michaelanders

Post by Michaelanders »

And it happens after I'm playing for a bit I noticed things started to slow a little then I have to restart my game and then it's fine for a little while
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Are you downloading any games or updates while playing? Is your fan loud when this happens? My fan started sounding like it was getting ready for takeoff awhile back. Usually when I would first get into the map and go into the store right away. Slight lag with menu selections etc. I pulled my console apart and was full of dust around the plate and fins around the fan. Wasted half a can of CRC Duster compressed air. Zero issues or much fan noise ever since. There are detailed videos online. This is the one I watched beforehand so I had an idea, but its not so bad

https://youtu.be/hdNNIm1utAw?si=xs9X6FKqJFuFD27Z
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

As it slows down over time, sounds like a memory thing or a processor trotthling due to heat. Did you already try a base game map without mods! Maybe it's a mod with a memory leak or some other problem. If it still exist on base game map without mods, then most likely it's something with your PS4. As mentioned by mydixiewrecked, a clean for your PS4 can help, the cooling system of the PS4 s*cks and dust is a well know issue.
Guil

Post by Guil »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:25 am Are you downloading any games or updates while playing? Is your fan loud when this happens? My fan started sounding like it was getting ready for takeoff awhile back. Usually when I would first get into the map and go into the store right away. Slight lag with menu selections etc. I pulled my console apart and was full of dust around the plate and fins around the fan. Wasted half a can of CRC Duster compressed air. Zero issues or much fan noise ever since. There are detailed videos online. This is the one I watched beforehand so I had an idea, but its not so bad

https://youtu.be/hdNNIm1utAw?si=xs9X6FKqJFuFD27Z
I've always been iffy about using cans of compressed air in a console or pc :mrgreen:
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:09 am

I've always been iffy about using cans of compressed air in a console or pc :mrgreen:
I've never had any issues, but I don't spray around in the brains of the ps4. Just that fan/heat shield and fins. 🤷‍♂️