Fs22 keeps crashing

cbates670

Fs22 keeps crashing

Post by cbates670 »

Hello,

My game keeps crashing, with or without mods installed. this is a brand new PC.

I have done everything from uninstalling game deleting everything and reinstalling, turned graphics down to low. nothing seems to help it'll run anywhere from 5mins to 30 but always crashes. I have attached the log.txt.

Please help, my old PC had no issues neither does my laptop i have over 600 hrs in game on both those computers.
Attachments
log.txt
(66.83 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
norfolk farmer

Re: Fs22 keeps crashing

Post by norfolk farmer »

When you say without mods installed do you mean an empty mod folder or just not selecting mods as sometimes issues occur if a mod is in the folder unselected, if you remove the mod folder from the game files then a new empty folder will be created then see what happens.

Looking at the log LUA issues occur when this mod tries to load.

2024-02-04 12:19 data/vehicles/farmet/kompaktomat1570Max/kompaktomat1570Max.i3d (48.84 ms)

There is also an issue when courseplay scans the fields, are you on the latest version, I have also had an issue back in 19 with courseplay sometimes not liking be in the folder the first time a map loads but is fine being added after the first save.

C:/Users/cbate/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_Courseplay/scripts/gui/CpGuiUtil.lua:251: attempt to index local 'map' (a number value)

I'd start with an empty folder basegame map and see what happens.
cbates670

Post by cbates670 »

I will try this now thank you
cbates670

Post by cbates670 »

well that did not work, what i find weird is that my log does not show a crash.

I am completely uninstalling farming simulator again and trying again with a fresh install. will see how this goes.
cbates670

Post by cbates670 »

OK that was a lot to do lol.

so, after thinking about, it I noticed that FS22 was not showing a crash in the log.txt so it got me to thinking that maybe FS22 was not the problem. Well, that was right after looking at the windows event viewer it was showing a dll error. i forget which one now. But after many hours of trying to fix the issue without success I wiped my pc and started over. the DLL was being throw due to the graphics NVidia drivers. so right now, I am just using the stock Microsoft drivers and everything is working correctly.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Glad you are somewhat sorted, I'd still avoid mods that are throwing up LUA errors.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The log rarely shows a crash anyway. Going forward I suggest you install Geforce Experience from Nvidia as it will notify you, download and install the correct drivers for your gpu.
SirDinglyDang

Post by SirDinglyDang »

I'm having similar issues after upgrading to a 4060 and started using DLAA recently(which I'm loving so far). I honestly am secretly hoping it's NOT the problem because it works so much better than TAA and fps is great to. But I haven't had a crash sense deactivating it. Yet.....

Update!

So I found the issue after months of random crashes. After upgrading to a 4060 from a 1060 for whatever reason GeForce Experience didn't handle the driver uninstall and new install well. I had to use DDU to completely wipe the old driver install first and then let windows update install the new driver fresh.

Here is the link for DDU for anyone interested.
https://www.guru3d.com/download/display ... -download/
Worked like a charm for me and zero crashes ever sense with max settings. Hope this helps someone out.