Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Beanbrother

Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Post by Beanbrother »

Let’s throw a hypothetical out.
If Giants were to drop a feature that you have been waiting for, would you continue on the 22 and not be concerned about the next version? Or has 22 played itself out and you ready for what the future brings.
I think if they were to drop seasons from 19 I would not be too concerned about what the future brings yet.
FBtheSQL

Re: Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Post by FBtheSQL »

I find your post a bit confusing, and it is Monday, so it's probably just me.

By drop a feature, do you mean remove a feature from 22 or add a feature to 22.
And as for dropping seasons from 19, it was never part of the base game, and they probably aren't supporting 19 any longer.
Maybe you mean add seasons from 19 to 22?
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

By dropping, I mean putting a new mod in
If they were to drop the seasons mod from 19 into 22(I know it’s not going to happen)
That’s why it’s hypothetical
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I would love them to drop into FS the ability to build your own sized animal pens and the larger they are the more animals can be put into them . IE be able to build proper sized fields the animals can roam round instead of these little enclosures that supposedly house 60 or more cows
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Bobble2020 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:41 pm I would love them to drop into FS the ability to build your own sized animal pens and the larger they are the more animals can be put into them . IE be able to build proper sized fields the animals can roam round instead of these little enclosures that supposedly house 60 or more cows
I always liked the thought of drop and drag some kind of animal mesh idea. Th ability to have cows out on wheat stubble or corn stocks is a good one I believe. You could also get a slight boost to the fertilizer.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I would gladly buy a dlc that expanded on features like the season cycles rather than buy a new game
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I agree with above and the above. Expanded season cycles and the ability to customize animal pens would be DLC I'd be willing to pay for. I don't think we need a whole new game for it though.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:37 pm I agree with above and the above. Expanded season cycles and the ability to customize animal pens would be DLC I'd be willing to pay for. I don't think we need a whole new game for it though.
I am very excited to see what comes in the next version.
But I was also excited to see what 22 had in it as well. I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed in 22, just didn’t have everything I was hoping for.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Not ready to buy a new version. But if they do, and the current DLC content does not work with it, that is a deal breaker for me. I dont like to throw away money.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I ain't buying jack from Giants until I know their advertised new gimmicks actually work (I'm looking at you worker drive to function) or mods and maps lure me in.

Edit. Also not buying if the contract crop origination issues are not resolved
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I bought the seasons pass for 19. Found I used almost every DLC that came along. Held back and only bought the base game for 22 and I believe I only purchased 1 dlc.
I always say I’ll wait for awhile once the game drops before I purchase anything.
I’m yet to wait at all. I seem to purchase on day 1
eric21

Post by eric21 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 pm I ain't buying jack from Giants until I know their advertised new gimmicks actually work (I'm looking at you worker drive to function) or mods and maps lure me in.

Edit. Also not buying if the contract crop origination issues are not resolved
That means you'll buy it?
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

Helazak wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:38 pm Not ready to buy a new version. But if they do, and the current DLC content does not work with it, that is a deal breaker for me. I dont like to throw away money.
i dont think the dlc have ever worked one vrsion to the next . but waste of money ? that depends if you got that moneys worth enjoyment out of playing the dlc :biggrin2:
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

eric21 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am

That means you'll buy it?
That was a flippant response. On a serious note, I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm not getting a ps5 just for farming. And I'm not really that motivated to spend it on a PC either.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I never looked back once the new FS version came out. But I'm also not super focused on specific mods. I preordered FS19 and FS22 and started playing them on release.
Yes, there were some disappointments for me, but overall nothing to force me back to previous version.
Mods I use (AD, simpleInspector) typically make my FS life easier, but are definitely not required for me. No single DLC added anything vital for me, so never bought one.
Even PF is not in use for me, because it adds nothing vital or changes my playstyle. At least I don't need a mod to push me into a specific playstyle.

So whatever they do for next version, most likely I will be fine and switch immediately. You can call me blind fanboy now. But I'm not a fan boy. I just understand Giants motivation/limitation.
They can not integrate all the nice things certain players wish for without making the game too complex. Even if you add everything as optional feature, game code will be more complex, harder to maintain...
People are not even aware helper can buy fertilizer/slurry/... automatically. And then you want to add even more options?
For the next FS version I foresee these larger additions to base game. It would make sense based on community feedback and history of added larger features in the past and also looking at current trend in AG industry:
1. PF
Pretty sure it will be part of base game in next version. Maybe even extended by more fertilizer types besides nitrogen and better data overview.
The current version is not majorly changing playstyle or complexity and players had enough time to get used to it.

2a. Guidance steering
Would be a perfect addition to PF. But I really hope that Giants version will be able to follow curved field edges. This would be a major differentiator to existing mods.

2b. CP field work
I see this in strong relation to 2a. But UI needs to be drastically reduced. Most of functionality needs to handled in background without user interaction. There a a lot of common practices, best setups/tips available that just show that most input possibilities are not needed if everyone is using the same anyway.

3. Big improvement on the extended AI helper
The idea is awesome in theory. A helper that does not need predefined routes and will find its way on its own.
We all know, that this does not seem to be that easy. But even small functionalities like grain cart driver would already be super helpful.

There are a lot of smaller additions that could be done without adding complexity. One example:
Hoses for slurry tanks, spayers, ...
We don't need to handle them manually. Most players would be satisfied by hoses just appearing during filling. Make the triggers smaller so that relative position between vehicle and building is much better defined and you can have a hose appear automatically. Would add so much to atmosphere/immersion without adding more clicky-pointy work for the player.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker