Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Mobias

Re: Move on from 22 or keep Farming

Post by Mobias »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm I could be wrong on this one but I don't think Giants have ever done a UK style map in any of their games.
Does anyone get really excited about Giants base game maps though? I didn't buy FS22 until OxygenDavid released his Calmsden Farm map. I don't see the point in playing FS unless its on a realistic super detailed map. I can totally understand Giants maps are more about gameplay rather than realism but thats just not my style for enjoying the sim.

I have wondered in the past whether Giants should commission a map from OxygenDavid to be included as part of the base game on launch day. In the past so many people have bought FS on launch day only to complain about the base game maps and having to wait until decent mod maps get released.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:51 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm I could be wrong on this one but I don't think Giants have ever done a UK style map in any of their games.
Does anyone get really excited about Giants base game maps though? I didn't buy FS22 until OxygenDavid released his Calmsden Farm map. I don't see the point in playing FS unless its on a realistic super detailed map. I can totally understand Giants maps are more about gameplay rather than realism but thats just not my style for enjoying the sim.

I have wondered in the past whether Giants should commission a map from OxygenDavid to be included as part of the base game on launch day. In the past so many people have bought FS on launch day only to complain about the base game maps and having to wait until decent mod maps get released.
I wouldn't be excited about the map per se, it's likely to have squared off fields and massive headlands, but I wouldn't mind the more British assets that could be used by map makers -- especially those starting out -- to make British and Irish maps.

I think I remember a suggestion that "Chellington 17" was a conversion by OxygenDavid "encouraged" by GIANTS, I could be remembering wrong.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:20 pm
I think I remember a suggestion that "Chellington 17" was a conversion by OxygenDavid "encouraged" by GIANTS, I could be remembering wrong.
Yeah I remember reading that somewhere. If I remember rightly I think it was the first mod map we got on console.
wrinkleysRule

Post by wrinkleysRule »

You might find this link interesting re Giants and British maps
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/ ... -simulator
Guil

Post by Guil »

I could have sworn there was a discussion here about the article at the time it was released
wrinkleysRule

Post by wrinkleysRule »

I could have sworn there was a discussion here about the article at the time it was released
I believe there was I only posted that link to add to the following quote
blue_painted wrote: ↑

Mobias

Post by Mobias »

wrinkleysRule wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:25 pm You might find this link interesting re Giants and British maps
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/ ... -simulator
Yeah I remember seeing that article at the time. I do wonder if FS as franchise peaked with FS17. I know the game has increased in sales since then but in terms of the general community and the mods and maps being made its been on a bit of a downhill or sideways journey ever since I feel.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I am actually quite surprised that Giants doesn’t allow a handful of mapmakers the ability to build maps prior to the game being released.
I guess the problem is a quality map takes a considerable amount of time, and Giants would be still be tweaking the game up until close to release date I would assume.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Unless there's significant changes to the whole game, I won't be buying any new versions as it's just a copy and paste of the past basically.
XBOX/ FS22
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Peter Griffin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 am Unless there's significant changes to the whole game, I won't be buying any new versions as it's just a copy and paste of the past basically.
Completely off topic, but I love hearing Peter's voice when I read your posts lol
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Guil wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:46 pm I could have sworn there was a discussion here about the article at the time it was released
I did see the discussion on the old FS-UK site.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Peter Griffin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 am Unless there's significant changes to the whole game, I won't be buying any new versions as it's just a copy and paste of the past basically.
Copy and paste apart from the addition of Productions, Season Cycles and the change in texture management, and the revised sound system, and the new crops -- well obviously the new crops, even though they are largely the same as old crops -- and the changes to Modhub . . . what has the game ever done for us?

:mrgreen:

Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Serious question not a job at anyone. Was season cycles, a big step forward for some people??
For me, it was a massive disappointment, but I have voiced my opinion plenty about that.
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:31 pm Serious question not a job at anyone. Was season cycles, a big step forward for some people??
For me, it was a massive disappointment, but I have voiced my opinion plenty about that.
for me it was a bit but only because it ment that i could get on play with 22 not needing to wait for seasons mod to come out but all around it is still a long long way short of what i really wanted from it . i herd that before launch day they were going to make it one day for a month which would of been a night mare .
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:31 pm Serious question not a job at anyone. Was season cycles, a big step forward for some people??
It’s a step forward that they added something, it was a bit disappointing how simple it was compared to the mod. A revamp of the season cycles to add more to it would definitely make me a day one buyer.