Thank you from a grateful dad

GratefulDad

Thank you from a grateful dad

Post by GratefulDad »

Not a normal post I know but we live in a world where thanking people isn't as heard as often as gripes.

I recently downloaded this game via PC Game Pass. Mostly for a laugh with my son who's almost 7. Honestly I wouldn't have considered this game otherwise. To cut a long story short, we have fallen in love with the FS22. So thank you to everyone who has contributed to and supported this game. And a very special thank you to OxygenDavid and their Court Farm map as well.

Giants Software, the incredible modding community and heck even Microsoft for Game Pass have created a amazing "stumble upon" moment for my family.

The memories playing this game with my son will no doubt be a core memory for him - one I am aiming to cement by visiting Court Farm Country Park soon... albeit without random tractors and forklifts flipped on their sides or in ditches and streams.

That's all. A simple post to say thank you to everyone that made this possible.
FenlandFarmer

Re: Thank you from a grateful dad

Post by FenlandFarmer »

court farms is a brilliant map
thomson125

Post by thomson125 »

That's awesome! I hope you and your son continue to create memories while you play the game.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Welcome to the fun!

If you get bored of Court Farms (how could you?) Calmsden is another good one, not far from Court Farms.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I started with FS17, I purchased it when it was on sale for 10 EURO or so, not believing I really gonna like it for the long term. I did give it a try and nowadays I'm still playing FS. For me FS17 was the best, FS19 was absolutely not my favorite, but with FS22 I got the feeling back on the right map.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

This is a great post and I enjoyed reading it. This is exactly what this game is about to me.

I also play with my son (and my uncle, and my cousin, and my best friend, and another good friend) and we have a similar experience bonding over the creation of similar memories.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Hooray for your boy…and you! My husband bought FS15 for me as a joke, thinking I’d hate it. The joke is on him! It burns his bucket that I like to roleplay and keep records. I hope you and your son keep playing. Sometimes, it’s just nice to make something instead of killing everything in sight.