Game is really grinding my gears at the min!

Bucker81

Game is really grinding my gears at the min!

Post by Bucker81 »

This is really getting my goat at the minute. Seems every map has problems completing contracts. Specifically harvesting ones. But not even all of them. Had it on stone valley and now buckland farm. Both recently updated too. What is the point !!!
Eische

Re: Game is really grinding my gears at the min!

Post by Eische »

It is the maps fault. Field definitions were created via a script. That seems to be causing this issue.
Pretty much all maps with oddly shaped (banana, potato, or other curved field edge variations) fields will have that issue.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Perhaps the base game should be able to accept fields that aren't rectangle.
In any case, experience has shown that Harvest contracts should be avoided, unless you save first so you can reload if and when they fail.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It can but if field definitions are wrong then it doesn't matter how square they are
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Is this only an issue with certain crops being harvested? I always seem to have crops left over. After the contract is complete that I make extra money on.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Per my experience you have about 5% crops left after a harvest contract in base game. Crop type does not matter.
As mentioned, it depends on how the mapper created field definitions.

The script created field definitions lead to larger field area calculated by the game. So the contract assumes a larger field, more yield to be delivered. While in game the actual field size is much lower, making harvest contracts impossible to complete without using "external" crop.

The whole field definitions thing is not really ideal in my opinion.
In GE you basically create as many rectangles as needed to resemble the shape of your field. Quality of curves will be dependent on how many rectangles you define. You don't need to paint field areas in GE as fields will be created on game start using the field definitions. The GE shape will essentially be projected onto the ground. Based on terrain shape, this can lead to very small difference between GE field area calculated by the game and real field area on the ground.

The mentioned GE script some mappers use works in another way. You paint your field on the ground and the script will create the field definition rectangles automatically. This will accurately follow any curved field edges as it creates many tiny slices. And there seems to be the problem. Either something goes wrong in that process or the game has some issues with the amount of slices per field. The outcome is always that the GE field area (rectangle mix) is larger than the in-game field area.
I heard of an updated version of that script that should fix this issue. Never confirmed it on my own.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Bucker81

Post by Bucker81 »

Appreciate the replys. Never thought about that. But will definitely be staying clear of any harvest contracts. Unless im desperate for straw lol 👍👍
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Have you tried either of the Harvest Contract Fix Mod or Better Contracts Mod on the Giants ModHub. I have used both previously to help with harvest contracts, though don't use both at the same time, pick one or the other. I prefer the Better Contracts Mod myself as it gives you the option to set how much material as a percentage you need to deliver to complete contracts, this can be useful if you are having issues with fields not giving you enough stuff.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

XBOX/ FS22
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

^^^^

LMAO
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Love that Peter Griffin is sharing his own memes!!