How to load a train with pallets?

rogeriodec

How to load a train with pallets?

Post by rogeriodec »

On the Zielonka map, the best prices for selling products are always in Erlengrat, which is only accessible via the train station.
The problem is that on this map there are only 2 stations for this location, with no option for unloading pallets.
In this case, I am being forced to manually load the pallets into a wagon, one by one, and still trying to place them in the correct position for the lashing belts.
Is there a simpler way to load pallets on trains?
Urinal2001

Re: How to load a train with pallets?

Post by Urinal2001 »

There are various mods that make pallets weigh less, so you can pick them up. Might make it a little faster? Could also place a ramp if that's what you're after. There are pallet autoload containers you can lift the whole lot with a crane. Or you could use one of those tiny boxes that hold like 500,000 litres or something stupid, and empty your current pallets into them, so you only have to lift one or two pallets onto train. Depends how realistic you like to play I guess.

And dont worry about lining up the straps unless the visuals are important to you (which i totally understand btw), they are purely decorative in terms of where they are. As long as they are on then your pallets wont come off the wagon iirc.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

rogeriodec wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:44 am On the Zielonka map, the best prices for selling products are always in Erlengrat, which is only accessible via the train station.
The problem is that on this map there are only 2 stations for this location, with no option for unloading pallets.
In this case, I am being forced to manually load the pallets into a wagon, one by one, and still trying to place them in the correct position for the lashing belts.
Is there a simpler way to load pallets on trains?
First of all, shouldn't you load, and not unload?

But on the "north" station there is a loading ramp, maybe most meant for loading logs, but works just fine with pallets also.

The easiest way to load the train with pallets is with an autoload trailer. Drive up on the ramp next to the train and unload from the trailer to the train, takes about 10 seconds.

But, be aware - don't drive to fast when you get kicked of the train and you are asked if you wanna sell. Because the more pallets there are on the train vs higher speed, the more pallets won't get sold, and are just left on the ground where the train drives of the map.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

The Universal Auto Load mod by Loki turns the trains into autoloaders as well.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:37 pm
First of all, shouldn't you load, and not unload?

But on the "north" station there is a loading ramp, maybe most meant for loading logs, but works just fine with pallets also.

The easiest way to load the train with pallets is with an autoload trailer. Drive up on the ramp next to the train and unload from the trailer to the train, takes about 10 seconds.

But, be aware - don't drive to fast when you get kicked of the train and you are asked if you wanna sell. Because the more pallets there are on the train vs higher speed, the more pallets won't get sold, and are just left on the ground where the train drives of the map.
I have the Lizard TLX Pallet Autoloader:

I went up with him on the ramp next to the carriage:

But when clicking unload (I), all pallets dropped out:
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:36 pm
And dont worry about lining up the straps unless the visuals are important to you (which i totally understand btw), they are purely decorative in terms of where they are. As long as they are on then your pallets wont come off the wagon iirc.
I placed some pallets without tying them and drove the train to Erlengrat, but at the curves the pallets fell:
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I haven't used the TLX - only "Pallet Autoload Specialization" https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 So I don't know why that happened when unloading.

But I do know that Urinal2001 didn't say "don't use the straps" - You still have to use the straps, it just doesn't matter if all pallets are hold by straps, they are still held on to the train wagon. :wink3:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

The Universal Auto Load mod I posted the link to above loads and straps the train car for you.
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

Ag Hauler wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:15 pm The Universal Auto Load mod I posted the link to above loads and straps the train car for you.
I tested it and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much!
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

I'm still having problems loading pallets onto a train.
The problem is that the wagon has insufficient belts, that is, some of the pallets are not fastened. And when the train moves, normally these non-fasten pallets will fall on a curve.
At the same time, the Universal Autoload mod stacks the pallets, column by column, where one column is not fastened and the other is:

Does anyone have a simpler solution?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Drive slow in the train. But where is that curve from the north station to "out of the map"??
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:35 pm Drive slow in the train. But where is that curve from the north station to "out of the map"??
Here the curves:

Driving the train slowly is not the correct solution, although for now it is the one that works.

Can anyone from GIANT comment on this problem?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

So, when you have loaded your train with pallets, you drive south to exit the map?
rogeriodec

Post by rogeriodec »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:27 pm So, when you have loaded your train with pallets, you drive south to exit the map?
Yes
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Probably easier/faster to drive 200 meters forwards and hit the exit there.