Steam Deck
No votes
Google Stadia
No votes

Total votes: 73

IceUul

What hardware you use to play FS22?

Post by IceUul »

Just wondering. FS22 is quite unique game to have so many platform options to play it.
What you use to play it and why? You can make a post and explain it.

I did not put mobile and switch here, because it is different version on there (FS23).

For example, i use PC, since i have gaming PC for all the games i play, i prefer PC version.
I also have Nintendo Switch and mobile phone, but they do not have FS22 available.
Noraf

Re: What hardware you use to play FS22?

Post by Noraf »

I belive stadia is no longer an option to play on.
Personally i'm a pc guy, and will probably stay that way for a lot more years
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

I found a I7/16GB ram/8GB Nvidia laptop on sale, intended to run City Skylines 2 on it. Have been watching a bunch of videos of CS2 and FS22 lately. When I went to purchase CS2, I saw FS22 Platinum Expansion for like $30 so picked that up too. Funny thing, I've played maybe an hour of CS2 and after reading up about the requirements I may not get my $80 out of it my laptop is just too slow to make large cities. FS22 just grabbed me, last farming simulator I played was John Deere American Farmer, gives you a timeline on how long I've been away.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

I started with mobile versions of FS, bought a laptop to play 19 on, when 22 came laptop did not meet requirements to play 22. Bought a tower pc that is able to play 22.
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

22 is the first once since 15 that I only have on pc. The others I had on xbone as well but it's mostly just a really expensive roku now other than when I first get back out of the hospital and I just don't play it on there even tho its on gamepass. Maybe when I upgrade to a series X it will be more enjoyable but my xbone just doesn't do it the justice my pc does.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Wow I was the first one to select Xbox Series X.

I play on PC and Series X.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:59 pm Wow I was the first one to select Xbox Series X.

OK I gotta ask. What's the reasoning for playing on a console and a PC?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:59 pm Wow I was the first one to select Xbox Series X.

And me the 1st one for Series S :biggrin2:
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:35 pm

OK I gotta ask. What's the reasoning for playing on a console and a PC?
Actually I take back what I said. FS22 I only play on console. I should have said I have played various versions on PC and console.
Up to and including 17 I played on both, and mainly to support the developers. Once I realized they weren't improving or completing most of the gameplay, my support began to wane.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:59 am
Actually I take back what I said. FS22 I only play on console. I should have said I have played various versions on PC and console.
Up to and including 17 I played on both, and mainly to support the developers. Once I realized they weren't improving or completing most of the gameplay, my support began to wane.
Ah OK. Just curious the reasoning, benefits etc. Felt like the guy walking around with dry chips while your double dipping yours lol
W1der

Post by W1der »

Started playing on xbox (I think that was FS15) .. moved over to my MAC when forestry became to laggy for my xbox 360.

My iMac wasn´t for gaming so I bought a gaming PC but realised that the one I bought couldn´t handle both graphics and mods on a full scale farm (had to play on "decent" settings) ... so recently I bought a new gaming PC (specs in my signature).
With these specs I see few issues but I can´t play with everyting on max (on a full scale farm) as the processor isn´t keeping up in object heavy areas.
(As I understand it the game isn´t able to utilize more than 1 core ... ?)
On my new rig the game looks and handles amazing though, so I can´t really complain.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Does the PC copy, or Giants list somewhere, what hardware (pc) that you need to run the game optimally? Or is there just so many factors (map size, mod details , etc) that it can't be narrowed down?
W1der

Post by W1der »

It really can´t be narrowed down ....

If I start a fresh game, MY FPS "maxes out" (with my current settings) ... but as soon as I start gathering equipment, animals and bales etc (in a limitied space) the FPS drops down to 70-90 with the same settings.

One needs to plan the "farm build" (and so on) to keep the FPS at an acceptable level based on the hardware and settings, it´s always a compromize no matter what.
Some want´s the game to looki mint and don´t mind the stutter now and then ... others can live with lower graphic settings with priority to a smooth game.
But there is plenty of settings to adjust to tune this compromize (lot´s of trial and error to find the balance) ... often it´s a "bad mod" or a "mod conflict" that messes things up in the end ... :lol:

I run a lot of scripts to make the game more realistic - also steering wheel, joysticks, gear shifters, customizable keyboards/buttons, and tobii head tracker ... this is why I couldn´t play this on a console. :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Good deal. I always feel fully on board with PC and then I read unclerico and some others talk about the growing pains and bad mods and tracking them down. It's like when my wife would ask if I could change a baby. I say yea, but then start smelling the 💩 lol
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

W1der wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:27 pm (As I understand it the game isn´t able to utilize more than 1 core ... ?)
Actually, not true. The developers have stated that FS has been using multiple cores for several versions. Speaking as a retired programmer, some tasks don't benefit from or can't be split across multiple processors/cores.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1