Re: What hardware you use to play FS22?

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Guil wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:26 pm
The download is only a few gb. Iirc it's about 4.5
Yea, that will take some time. Not convenient, but doable
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Played FS 17-19-22 all on gaming laptops (on my second one now)
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Console, because I refuse to do IT on my own time...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Why would you think you would need to do anything other than play on pc?
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Mr_Tony_Sm wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 pm
mydixiewrecked wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:15 pm Good deal. I always feel fully on board with PC and then I read unclerico and some others talk about the growing pains and bad mods and tracking them down. It's like when my wife would ask if I could change a baby. I say yea, but then start smelling the 💩 lol
As far as I'm concerned, PC is only really required if you want to play with scripted mods or brands that don't make it to console, or if you need a gazillion bales. I'm not really interested in the name on a machine, so I'm happy either way.

As for the bad mods, they only impact players that are not satisfied with the hundreds available on the modhub, and choose to risk external sites.
On PC I can turn the graphics settings up far beyond what the game allows in the settings menu, and I can replace textures, not just add mods. PC's also allow the use of filtering, either with geforce experience or reshade. With Reshade I can add raytracing to FS22. It's like a whole different game. Real immersion comes from large maps :) 16X up to 64X Then you don't feel the sandbox as much.
I understand a PC is more configurable. I also understand that those configurations depend on the hardware installed, and the comfort level for troubleshooting issues that may come from tweaking your system to be able to go beyond the minimum requirements.

My comment was to he who's dixie is wrecked, as he is interested in beginning his PC transformation.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:49 am
UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 pm
They are still available but they’re really not a common anymore. Most people use a hosting service like steam. That’s basically like a pc version of the PlayStation store and PlayStation home screen. You can also direct download from giants as well if you like which I do still for farm sim.
So how big are those files? It seems to be the trend as I heard they have discless ps5 consoles, or will soon? My concerns is how big are those files and my internet. My only option is t mobile hotspot .
If you're using your mobile data, you will want to watch those GB. If you go over your limit, it could get costly quick.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:49 am
mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:49 am
UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 pm
They are still available but they’re really not a common anymore. Most people use a hosting service like steam. That’s basically like a pc version of the PlayStation store and PlayStation home screen. You can also direct download from giants as well if you like which I do still for farm sim.
So how big are those files? It seems to be the trend as I heard they have discless ps5 consoles, or will soon? My concerns is how big are those files and my internet. My only option is t mobile hotspot .
If you're using your mobile data, you will want to watch those GB. If you go over your limit, it could get costly quick.
I have unlimited data on my phone, but it does slow down after 50 GB. I think. Now we use one of them Wi-Fi hotspots. That's unlimited 5G service for $50 a month through T-Mobile.
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

PS5 is still pretty much best suited for this.!
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

zegg67 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:38 pm PS5 is still pretty much best suited for this.!
PC is the way to go, PS5 will never come even close to this. No offence to console users. But, until you see what is actually possible on PC... you have no idea. Don't forget to open up the images to full screen to see the details pop ;) This is the game engine driven hard, no Reshade usage. Map (Gnadenthal) has Relight baked in. This was achieved with game.xml tweaks, and nvinspector tweaks.

FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

It funny when PC owners think Console owners don't have a clue about computers by saying things like "until you see what is actually possible on PC... you have no idea".
Yes, we know the right PC has more possible configurations, as long as you feel like digging into the game files and tweaking them.
I'm only guessing, but I suspect most non-console players are using laptops, which surprisingly isn't a polling choice in this thread.
Again, I'm guessing, Series s/x and PS5 are on par with most laptops, and probably most PCs being used to play FS22.
The average player isn't likely to overclock a gaming PC and dig into game files to squeeze out tweaks that weren't meant to be.
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm The average player isn't likely to overclock a gaming PC and dig into game files to squeeze out tweaks that weren't meant to be.
This is very true
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm It funny when PC owners think Console owners don't have a clue about computers by saying things like "until you see what is actually possible on PC... you have no idea".
Yes, we know the right PC has more possible configurations, as long as you feel like digging into the game files and tweaking them.
I'm only guessing, but I suspect most non-console players are using laptops, which surprisingly isn't a polling choice in this thread.
Again, I'm guessing, Series s/x and PS5 are on par with most laptops, and probably most PCs being used to play FS22.
The average player isn't likely to overclock a gaming PC and dig into game files to squeeze out tweaks that weren't meant to be.
It would be interesting ( a bit anyway) how many PC players are on laptops and how many on Desktops "gaming rigs" - I use both, or rather I use the lapotp when I'm away.

But to me the big thing about PC isn't being able to squeeze the performance, it's the script mods and -- yes -- the ability to dig into game files. And to backup my games myslef where I can find them ... that sort of thing.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm It funny when PC owners think Console owners don't have a clue about computers by saying things like "until you see what is actually possible on PC... you have no idea".
It would be interesting ( a bit anyway) how many PC players are on laptops and how many on Desktops "gaming rigs" - I use both, or rather I use the lapotp when I'm away.

But to me the big thing about PC isn't being able to squeeze the performance, it's the script mods and -- yes -- the ability to dig into game files. And to backup my games myslef where I can find them ... that sort of thing.
I would also like to know the PC/Laptop ratio, although I won't be creating a poll :biggrin2:
I agree the single most important benefit PC players have is the use of scripted mods. Second is likely the ability to swap out hardware without needing a whole new machine. The second one might not easily apply to laptops.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:01 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm

I would also like to know the PC/Laptop ratio, although I won't be creating a poll :biggrin2:
I agree the single most important benefit PC players have is the use of scripted mods. Second is likely the ability to swap out hardware without needing a whole new machine. The second one might not easily apply to laptops.
I don't know how/why I didn't put this first but the single most important thing about being on PC is GIANTS Editor - mostly for just tweaking those bits of a map that are just in the way or could be better rotated a bit.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

Changing a few things in an xml is hardly digging into game files?

Even without doing that, simply changing the graphics preset can have a huge difference in how the game looks and runs. You could also use Geforce Experience if you have a Nvidia gpu