Steam Deck
No votes
Google Stadia
No votes

Total votes: 73

FBtheSQL

Re: What hardware you use to play FS22?

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:15 pm Good deal. I always feel fully on board with PC and then I read unclerico and some others talk about the growing pains and bad mods and tracking them down. It's like when my wife would ask if I could change a baby. I say yea, but then start smelling the 💩 lol
As far as I'm concerned, PC is only really required if you want to play with scripted mods or brands that don't make it to console, or if you need a gazillion bales. I'm not really interested in the name on a machine, so I'm happy either way.

As for the bad mods, they only impact players that are not satisfied with the hundreds available on the modhub, and choose to risk external sites.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 pm

As far as I'm concerned, PC is only really required if you want to play with scripted mods or brands that don't make it to console, or if you need a gazillion bales. I'm not really interested in the name on a machine, so I'm happy either way.

As for the bad mods, they only impact players that are not satisfied with the hundreds available on the modhub, and choose to risk external sites.
Yea, the scripted mods like auto drive n such, along with the maps is my main reason. I'm sure I could find most of my wants on the modhub. I'm burnt out on always feeling confined with how small most maps feel to me. And jumping around constantly to get things done.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

There’s also safe places outside the modhub. Those corrupted mods were on sharing pages where anyone can post anything and could be risky before someone thought up that stupid script idea. Places like facebook and itch with original links are still perfectly safe. If you get a pc just pm me. I’ll be happy to guide you. I’m several games in with little to no issues.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:33 pm There’s also safe places outside the modhub. Those corrupted mods were on sharing pages where anyone can post anything and could be risky before someone thought up that stupid script idea. Places like facebook and itch with original links are still perfectly safe. If you get a pc just pm me. I’ll be happy to guide you. I’m several games in with little to no issues.
Sooo, I just did some searching. Being nosey. Are physical copies of games, not a thing for PC?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:33 pm
Sooo, I just did some searching. Being nosey. Are physical copies of games, not a thing for PC?
They are still available but they’re really not a common anymore. Most people use a hosting service like steam. That’s basically like a pc version of the PlayStation store and PlayStation home screen. You can also direct download from giants as well if you like which I do still for farm sim.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 pm
They are still available but they’re really not a common anymore. Most people use a hosting service like steam. That’s basically like a pc version of the PlayStation store and PlayStation home screen. You can also direct download from giants as well if you like which I do still for farm sim.
So how big are those files? It seems to be the trend as I heard they have discless ps5 consoles, or will soon? My concerns is how big are those files and my internet. My only option is t mobile hotspot .
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:49 am
So how big are those files? It seems to be the trend as I heard they have discless ps5 consoles, or will soon? My concerns is how big are those files and my internet. My only option is t mobile hotspot .
They’re big but I’m sorta in the same boat as I can only get satellite internet so you learn to download stuff at night haha.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:53 am
They’re big but I’m sorta in the same boat as I can only get satellite internet so you learn to download stuff at night haha.
Thats reassuring. Yep, it's the same for me. Set it to sleep and let the night network do all the work.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:08 am
UncleRico wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:53 am
Thats reassuring. Yep, it's the same for me. Set it to sleep and let the night network do all the work.
I'm on PC, with home broadband, and that's what I do.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:23 am

I'm on PC, with home broadband, and that's what I do.
Sounds good. I was afraid it would be intolerable. We have some games downloaded only on the ps4. Some took an entire day, some took 3 days lol. Mobile broadband speeds are like a box of chocolates, never know what your gonna get lol
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:31 pm
Sounds good. I was afraid it would be intolerable. We have some games downloaded only on the ps4. Some took an entire day, some took 3 days lol. Mobile broadband speeds are like a box of chocolates, never know what your gonna get lol
Outside of the game itself everything should be similar in size to the dlc, mods, and updates you’re getting already. Even script mods like maize plus that come with lots of stuff are generally pretty tiny. The biggest thing you’ll run into over 100mb is maps and the occasional mod pack. As a word of warning if you find a pickup mod over that it’s not worth it, no matter how good it looks haha.
Moot

Post by Moot »

I was using a PC for FS 15, 17, and 19.

I switched to a PS5 for FS22.

I prefer the simplicity of the PS5 experience and that machine has had zero problems handling the game.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:57 pm

As a word of warning if you find a pickup mod over that it’s not worth it, no matter how good it looks haha.
Venturing into PC mods sounds more and more like a first timer going to Vegas 😆😆😆
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 pm
mydixiewrecked wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:15 pm Good deal. I always feel fully on board with PC and then I read unclerico and some others talk about the growing pains and bad mods and tracking them down. It's like when my wife would ask if I could change a baby. I say yea, but then start smelling the 💩 lol

On PC I can turn the graphics settings up far beyond what the game allows in the settings menu, and I can replace textures, not just add mods. PC's also allow the use of filtering, either with geforce experience or reshade. With Reshade I can add raytracing to FS22. It's like a whole different game. Real immersion comes from large maps :) 16X up to 64X Then you don't feel the sandbox as much.
Guil

Post by Guil »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:49 am
UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 pm
The download is only a few gb. Iirc it's about 4.5