unrealistic or realistic farming

combine2988

unrealistic or realistic farming

Post by combine2988 »

Please tell me i'm not the only one that still enjoys playing realistic and No i'm not hating on the people who likes to fast farm you play the game how you like it, Just kind of sad because i used to play with my friend from school every night and he started fast farming and he doesn't join my game anymore because i told him i won't download those unrealistic mods :neutralnew:
UncleRico

Re: unrealistic or realistic farming

Post by UncleRico »

You’re probably asking in the wrong place. This forum is only populated by old people that seem to be mostly into realism. So I guess you’ve found a home haha. But I agree, why not just edit the money in if you’re going to use unrealistic stuff to speed up the game. I don’t understand either but I guess everyone’s different.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I submitted a response but saw Rico beat me and started over . Im a young 40 😒 lol. As a time constrained player, I still haven't figured out the fixation on unrealistic harvest speeds etc. But hey, if that's someone's thing, have at it. I get it if some ppl wanna burn thru a map and move on to a new map over and over. But for me it takes as many play sessions as it takes. And ive map hopped with the best of em, but i still dont rush things. Thankfully ive settled down on Alma and still not thru my first full year yet. Getting close though.

But I do think it's a lazy way for djspasms to push out content
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:48 am I submitted a response but saw Rico beat me and started over . Im a young 40 😒 lol. As a time constrained player, I still haven't figured out the fixation on unrealistic harvest speeds etc. But hey, if that's someone's thing, have at it. I get it if some ppl wanna burn thru a map and move on to a new map over and over. But for me it takes as many play sessions as it takes. And ive map hopped with the best of em, but i still dont rush things. Thankfully ive settled down on Alma and still not thru my first full year yet. Getting close though.

Haha don’t feel bad, you’re not that much older than me
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:16 am
Haha don’t feel bad, you’re not that much older than me
Nah lol. It's just a number
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Since is a game, every player can play with the way he/she wants. No one can define what is realistic or unrealistic farming gaming, because there are many definitions.
Let me give you an example:

Player A use a 3 meters plow, a harvester with 10,000 litres capacity, a normal bale wrapper, Course Play, Auto Drive and Autoload.
Player B use a 12 meters plow, a harvester with 100,000 litres capacity, a super fast bale wrapper, but prefers to drive the tractor, the harvester and the forklift.

Which one of those two players playing with realistic way? No one can give the answer because is a game and in gaming there is no right or wrong, there is no realistic or unrealistic.

Everything depends on the player's preferences.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Everyone can play how they want. I dislike ultra realistic mods, I would literally rq if FS had similar features to mudrunner, getting constantly stuck in mud/snow etc... is not fun lol. But than again I dislike those super unreaslitic mods, where combine have like 500k capacity etc...
I mainly use mods that help with boring tasks. Loading bales with loader? no way, autoload ftw. Forestry? For me forestry is using brucks, which deletes trees instantly into woodchips, coz that is fun. Also I love lumberjack mod and my most favorite mod is store deliveries.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Fast vs slow may be age related to some degree.
When I was younger, I'd do everything to get a head start in games. I used to play a lot of 4x space games, and would go so far as editing save files with a hex editor just to get an advantage and have all the best stuff asap. It took a while, but I eventually realized I was cheating myself. I cheated myself out of the enjoyment of playing at a natural speed. It was no fun starting over because I already knew what was at the end.

Now I get a lot more milage out of games.
It's none of my business how people choose to play their games. Enjoy what you paid for the way you want.

Multiplayer games are a different story though. There's a right way and a wrong way when it comes to cheats/exploits/cheese.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:12 am Since is a game, every player can play with the way he/she wants. No one can define what is realistic or unrealistic farming gaming, because there are many definitions.
Let me give you an example:

Player A use a 3 meters plow, a harvester with 10,000 litres capacity, a normal bale wrapper, Course Play, Auto Drive and Autoload.
Player B use a 12 meters plow, a harvester with 100,000 litres capacity, a super fast bale wrapper, but prefers to drive the tractor, the harvester and the forklift.

Which one of those two players playing with realistic way? No one can give the answer because is a game and in gaming there is no right or wrong, there is no realistic or unrealistic.

Everything depends on the player's preferences.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
Except there definitely is a realistic and unrealistic way to play. There may be no right or wrong , but definitely realistic vs unrealistic. using harvesters or tippers with 10x normal capacities. Definitely unrealistic. Using mods to do fieldwork 10x normal working speeds. Unrealistic. Using equipment that doesnt have necessary power output connections for an implement. Unrealistic.
Playing on PC and PS4
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I always play realistic of course I'm also 44 lol
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:48 am I submitted a response but saw Rico beat me and started over . Im a young 40 😒 lol. As a time constrained player, I still haven't figured out the fixation on unrealistic harvest speeds etc. But hey, if that's someone's thing, have at it. I get it if some ppl wanna burn thru a map and move on to a new map over and over. But for me it takes as many play sessions as it takes. And ive map hopped with the best of em, but i still dont rush things. Thankfully ive settled down on Alma and still not thru my first full year yet. Getting close though.

I've already got 44 hours on that map and still haven't got through the first year lol
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 pm
I've already got 44 hours on that map and still haven't got through the first year lol
I forgot to look last night but I think I'm about the same hours as you. One more day left to a full calendar year in game. I've really felt good with this map and taking my time. 3 day months at 3x. It's a nice leisurely pace. I turned off snow for this coming winter. I can't deal with all that stuff right now lol. I see celobuki is working on an update. I hope it's not a new save required one. If it is ill skip it for now. I can't start over when I'm this into my farm setup .
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

I only get a few hours at a time to play, I want to do a lot of stuff and since there is only one of me I don't want to waste an entire session only doing one thing. So I get big harvesters, trailers, tractors, etc so I don't have to babysit one thing. Farming is fun, but if I want to run a grain cart for 16 hours at a time I will just go to a real farm and get a job.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

I play very realistic, that's why it really bugs me that Giants have made almost every single corn header and planter in the game 30" spaced, yet a few things are all of a sudden 20" spaced??
Like the Case corn header, and the new Horsch Maestro. That really annoys me, as I won't be able to use it. My realism/OCD can not use a 20" planter for a 30" header, with a 30" row crop tractor ...
I'd really like an answer as to why they do it, there're so few 20" items it doesn't make sense.

But yeah, I'll also sometimes make a tool slower (with that speed change mod) if I feel it's too fast compared to real life. I also often change capacities if they're rounded, to their real counterpart (an example is the Kinze 850 bushel grain cart set to 30,000 liters, when it should be 29,953 liters). I also decreased the 26' Kinze Mach Till from 8 meters to 7.9 meters. I love knowing it's as real as it can be.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I take a middle ground approach of is the out come plausible. while I am playing a simulator and enjoy the feeling of doing something without "cheating" but if a "giants enginism" happens such as pallets shaking themselves apart or spinning off of forklifts, I will correct these problems with quote on quote cheats such as super strength. Or if there is something i can do such as skidding a single tree that has been felled to make space for a shed and the farm sawmill is only 10 feet away I will use super strength via the lumber jack mod to move that one tree. I'm not progressing any faster in game (per game time) and I save some real life time and in the end farming simulator is a sand box video game at the end of the day.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/