Fan bug discusion thread

MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Re: Fan bug discusion thread

Post by MrMarcel5 »

You do get the crop that you presold back from harvesting the field.
I just verified and there is nothing getting lost or any other issues.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:19 pm You do get the crop that you presold back from harvesting the field.
If you cancel the contract, you lose your crop.
I know people will say "then don't cancel the contract". But it doesn't change the fact the game allows it to happen.
Anyways, don't worry about it, I know to avoid it, and don't expect it to be fixed.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm
MrMarcel5 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:19 pm You do get the crop that you presold back from harvesting the field.
I know people will say "then don't cancel the crop". But it doesn't change the fact the game allows it to happen.
Anyways, don't worry about it, I know to avoid it, and don't expect it to be fixed.
What is it that should be fixed? I'm sorry but I just can't figure out, why selfmade problems should be fixed be the game developer... :confusednew:

It is also possible for me to take a big tractor with a 12m cultivator and take down the canola on one of my fields, and loose the income from that - should I then complain to Giants because it can be done? :confused2:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:21 pm
I know people will say "then don't cancel the crop". But it doesn't change the fact the game allows it to happen.
What is it that should be fixed? I'm sorry but I just can't figure out, why selfmade problems should be fixed be the game developer... :confusednew:

It is also possible for me to take a big tractor with a 12m cultivator and take down the canola on one of my fields, and loose the income from that - should I then complain to Giants because it can be done? :confused2:
I said I don't expect it to be fixed.
Your example doesn't really match up. If you took your cultivator to your own field, it'd be considered cultivating your own field. Notice how you can't cultivate a field you don't own.

Here is the scenario where I first noticed the issue in FS19.
- I accepted a harvest contract.
- I needed to purchase equipment to use on the contract.
- I didn't have enough cash on hand for the equipment.
- I took a load of my own crop to sell, so I would have enough money for the equipment.
- The sell point didn't give me money, it gave me progress toward the contract.
- Now I have a contract I can't complete because I can't buy the equipment, and my crop is gone.

That isn't a self made problem, it's a developer made problem.

Guil said "How is that a bug? How would the game know where the crop came from?"
To that I say, it's not my job to resolve the developers issues.
There's a saying, if you can't do it right then don't do it at all?
Maybe it can be translated to, if you can't do it right, do it anyway. :lol:

Anyway, let's be happy and enjoy ourselves, even though it's Monday.
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's a very unique situation and one that you created. It's not a developer issue or bug imo
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I must have never heard the complete story behind the scenario. I never saw it as an issue. But I was always assuming that you were able to harvest the contract crop. Yes, I can say that would officially tick me off if I gave away thirty thousand dollars worth of crop to achieve eleven thousand dollar contract harvest payment. I have no idea how they would come up with a work around. Maybe even just a disclaimer pops up when you accept a harvest contract or that you cannot complete a contract and collect payment until the actual crop is removed from the field?
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:37 pm I must have never heard the complete story behind the scenario. I never saw it as an issue. But I was always assuming that you were able to harvest the contract crop. Yes, I can say that would officially tick me off if I gave away thirty thousand dollars worth of crop to achieve eleven thousand dollar contract harvest payment. I have no idea how they would come up with a work around. Maybe even just a disclaimer pops up when you accept a harvest contract or that you cannot complete a contract and collect payment until the actual crop is removed from the field?
It was just part of my grind. The contract was for sunflower, and I needed a header. Accepting the contract and selling my grain to get the header was supposed to be an investment because sunflower is a high paying crop.
I realize I should have sold my crop first, but I didn't want the contract to disappear, and I didn't expect to lose my crop.
After cancelling the contract, I realized I could have sold some other equipment to pay for the header.
It wasn't game breaking, it was emersion breaking. I loaded my save, which was before accepting the contract, and went on my merry way.

The reason I give this so much attention is because several folks don't see it as a bug like I do. They will disagree, and I'll disagree right back. I'm a fighter, not a lover *thumbsup*
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

There's another way you can mess up with contracts if you don't pay attention. They should implement a window when selling to choose selling for yourself or contracts. Almost like the window that pops up to select crops from bins or silos when loading.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Yes a popup window would help avoid the issue.
A second option would be to have a silo on each NPC farm that is activated when the contract is accepted, and that is the drop point to use.
A third option would be to have a central silo/sell point on the map that is only active when any harvest contract is accepted.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Your example doesn't really match up. If you took your cultivator to your own field, it'd be considered cultivating your own field. Notice how you can't cultivate a field you don't own.

- I took a load of my own crop to sell, so I would have enough money for the equipment.
- Now I have a contract I can't complete because I can't buy the equipment, and my crop is gone.

Guil said "How is that a bug? How would the game know where the crop came from?"

My example matches up with your experience in the way that they both can be found on the "sh!t that can be done, because it's a game, but of cause you don't, because - not stupid" list.

And that continues with you next explanation about how you accepted a contract, but you needed money to buy equipment to fulfill the contract... Ehhm, then accept it with the provided tools, or don't accept the contract.. I mean, come on man...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

JensChrDK wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:32 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm

My example matches up with your experience in the way that they both can be found on the "sh!t that can be done, because it's a game, but of cause you don't, because - not stupid" list.

And that continues with you next explanation about how you accepted a contract, but you needed money to buy equipment to fulfill the contract... Ehhm, then accept it with the provided tools, or don't accept the contract.. I mean, come on man...
Let's not resort to name calling.
You're saying one of these is wrong.
- I want a contract.
- I sell my product to buy equipment to use for the contract.
- I accept the contract.

- I want a contract.
- I accept the contract.
- I sell my product to buy equipment to use for the contract.

Last year I asked my landscaper if he could roll my lawn. He said yes, and then went to buy a roller.
According to you he should have been smart and said no. Come on man...
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:32 am
Last year I asked my landscaper if he could roll my lawn. He said yes, and then went to buy a roller.
But I bet he checked whether he could afford the roller before he agreed to do the work. Either that or put it on a credit card with the intention of paying the bill after you paid him, much like taking a loan in game and paying it back after fulfilling the contract.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Urinal2001 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:39 pm
But I bet he checked whether he could afford the roller before he agreed to do the work. Either that or put it on a credit card with the intention of paying the bill after you paid him, much like taking a loan in game and paying it back after fulfilling the contract.
Much like me knowing I'd have enough to afford the header after selling my crop.
Why would I take out a loan instead of selling my own crop?
One of the main activities in the game is collecting crop to sell, to buy new stuff.
Guil

Post by Guil »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:11 am There's another way you can mess up with contracts if you don't pay attention. They should implement a window when selling to choose selling for yourself or contracts. Almost like the window that pops up to select crops from bins or silos when loading.
What happens if you sell it all for yourself? More threads asking why can't I complete this contract :biggrin2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:05 pm
Urinal2001 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:39 pm
Much like me knowing I'd have enough to afford the header after selling my crop.
Why would I take out a loan instead of selling my own crop?
One of the main activities in the game is collecting crop to sell, to buy new stuff.
Sell your crop. The contract is not going anywhere in the few minutes it will take you to sell a few loads