The assistance of AI

hopkins22

The assistance of AI

Post by hopkins22 »

How can you ensure that the AI-controlled farming implements do not overstep the boundaries of the field and venture into the adjacent field while performing tasks like harvesting, plowing, or fertilizing?
mydixiewrecked

Re: The assistance of AI

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Do a couple passes yourself around the ends of the fields first. Headlands. Then they should be able to recognize what's already been worked and stop there.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

If doing the headlands manually doesn't appeal to you, ensure that the gap between fields is more than the width of your implement. Seems to help for me. Often they will work a tiny final strip at the side of your field with the entire implement hanging off the side....if that happens to contact the next field, they will see it as a continuation of the one you put them in.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Yes, it's very expensive and frustrating when worker Steve decides to over achieve and fertilize another field you don't want done.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If you are on pc then courseplay workers are the way to go.
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

Courseplay is my favorite mod. Recently though I've had to deal with implements glitching while the courseplay worker is doing there job. Seems to happen mostly with rollers, I get a notification that a worker is blocked by an object. I go to the tractor and my roller has turned itself into modern art sculpture while trying to fold for absolutely no reason in the middle of the field. Usually just have to un-fold and reopen to fix, but the last one put the tractor on its side and I had to reset both the tractor and implement.