Graphics issues on PC

cedricthecat

Graphics issues on PC

Post by cedricthecat »

I'm playing on Krumbach on PC, and occasionally the graphics settings seem to lose their grip and things go fuzzy!

So I go into Options and Display Settings, and "tweak" things a bit (both here and in Advanced) and then, inevitably, make things worse so have to start over... :(

Usually this works fine once I have adjusted Object Draw Distance and LOD etc to avoid a very tight "circle of doom" around machines. However, this latest time I can't seem to get good, clear, sharp details even after a reset, regardless of which "Hardware profile" I choose.

On the attached photos, I used to have the fancy cow graphics nice and sharp on the mixer, plus on the shot of the tyre on the CLAAS, the embossed letters would be very sharp, not a blobby, blancmangey mess :( Oh, and on occasion I've had a weird scenario where it's nice and sharp, then goes woolly, then sharp again etc

Can anyone advise on some setting tweaks that might help? As it stands, I've lost my playing mojo :(

Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Mooro

Re: Graphics issues on PC

Post by Mooro »

How old is your PC? I had similar issues and tried messing around in “Advanced” but my laptop was around 6 years old and just couldn’t cope. Bought a new one and it’s a world of difference. Appreciate that’s probably not the answer you’re looking for……..
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ Actually it's not that old! I only bought it last October :(

It probably isn't the most powerful machine that there is, but it does meet minimum specs. Perhaps more importantly, it can go for a good while with no issues at all, but then suddenly go blurrier than a blurred thing for no apparent reason. I haven't tried with no mods yet (sorry, I should be doing that first of course) or a different map. Maybe something has changed with the Nvidia settings? Again, not sure what could have done as I've not touched them, but computers seem to have a mind of their own sometimes :(
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Try resetting your video settings to their default values to see if that resolves your issue.
Or, dare I say, you could upgrade to a console and not have to worry about such things.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ LOL!

I've already tried the default, but it doesn't seem to fix things (or if it does, then it goes "off" after a while)

As far as console is concerned, I already have FS22 on PlayStation and this is my first foray into PC gaming (see my signature!). I was getting loads of crashing on the PS4, and as I needed a new laptop, went for a gaming machine rather than a cheaper one plus forking out for a PS5. In an ideal world (ie, one where I have won the lottery) I'd have a top-end gaming laptop and the most current console, but sadly that world does not yet exist! ;)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

You could also try disabling some mods bit by bit to see if you see improvements.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ I've moved all the ones I've put in this year (only four TBH) but not had a chance to see if it's made a difference yet. BUT... I did try earlier with a fresh game save of the map, and zero mods, and everything looked great! :)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe try deleting the shader cache.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ Good point! I always, always forget that!

I have reset the game and gamesettings xml's, and left everything at default (medium graphics settings) and it's much better, and seems to be staying that way. I'll try increasing the "ring" settings and start over on the shader next

Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

This is getting annoying now :(

I've made various changes to the game.xml file (going with the default settings) and deleted the shader cache, and got initially good results, like this

But just gone back to the game and I'm getting the visuals morphing from OK to blurry, back to OK, back to blurry on a cycle of about every second... :( I'm sure I read about this somewhere else but can't find it now

Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Guil

Post by Guil »

Everytime you change graphics settings the game needs to rebuild the shader cache so that is something to keep in mind.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ Hopefully it's something as simple as that!

Guessing it could also be causing this disconcerting effect (see video) of shadows changing constantly, despite being out of a parked vehicle, stood totally still, and time being set at 0.5?

NB: I put this into Youtube tags in the hope that it would play in the post, but all it did was add the tags (visually) to the beginning and end of the link, so not entirely sure what they are supposed to do!
Last edited by cedricthecat on Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

You should just use this part in between the tags

Epu0Bi1St2w
cedricthecat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:57 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epu0Bi1St2w

NB: I put this into Youtube tags in the hope that it would play in the post, but all it did was add the tags (visually) to the beginning and end of the link, so not entirely sure what they are supposed to do!
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ That'll do it - thanks Noraf!

(NB: On the forum I run we have the Youtube tags, but have to put the whole address in! :D )
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Sorry to come back to this one, but it's driving me nuts :(

I've done the shader thing, and I thought it was working but... Just recorded this video which shows the problem

Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net