Snow

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
michaelj1511

Snow

Post by michaelj1511 »

Hello all,

I play with a modded map and i played a lot of hours. When it's january or whenever it snows, the game crashed when the first snowlayer needs to be visible. When i adding snow with easy development controls mod, it also crash immediately.
When i removed the snow height in the environment xml in the savegame folder, everything is fine and i could play futher again.

The only two errors i have in the log are the one below:
2024-03-06 20:06 Error: Invalid customEnvironment given for SpecializationManager.addSpecialization. Should be a string or nil.
2024-03-06 20:06 Error: addDensityMapHeightType: maximum number of height types already registered.

Any thoughts?
LS-Lara

Re: Snow

Post by LS-Lara »

Yes, there are some thoughts: what map are you using and which additional mods are active ? Best thing would be to post a full fresh log.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

I used the Bilk map. (not the big variant, but the normal).

When i remove all mods out the modfolder it's still crashing (only dlc's active).
log.txt
(36.72 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

Is it THIS Map ? I only find that in ModHub - so, is it the "normal" one ?

Did you still use your old savegame or did you also test on a new one with this less-mods setup ?
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

Yes correct, the one from january. I see on modhub is indeed only one version uploaded.

I tested with a brand new game. The log is from a new savegame.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

OK, I made a new savegame with almost identical dlc/mods loaded as you (Goeweil, Kubota, Vermeer, EasyDev, halfTimberedFarm) - I only don't have Pumps+Hoses.

Using EasyDev, I set month to Dec, weather to snow and made fast forward x360 until Feb. Got some nice snow on roofs and ground and could also use the snow blower. Also no problem to add max. snow height with EasyDev. So, everything as expected and probably not a base problem of the map itself.

This issue only occurs on this specific map, right? Not on any other?

First idea: try again with Pumps+Hoses deactivated.

Second, what surprises me is this in your log on a fresh savegame:

Code: Select all

2024-03-07 23:21 Error: Trying to set DensityMapHeightUpdater collision map with invalid size (33554432 vs 134217728)
2024-03-07 23:21   Warning: No tip collision map defined. Creating empty tip placement collision map.
Could it be possible that some files from the map got damaged ? Maybe download a fresh one an try again.

Third, from your initial post, this would normally be a symptom of too many mods trying to add custom fillTypes:

2024-03-06 20:06 Error: addDensityMapHeightType: maximum number of height types already registered.
So, we should also have a look at the "densityMapHeight.xml" and "snow_state.xml" in your old savegame and also the list of mods you had active there .

BTW: Probably not related to the issue, but do you also have loose stones on the ground of the starting farm ? This looks weird ...
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

OK, I made a new savegame with almost identical dlc/mods loaded as you (Goeweil, Kubota, Vermeer, EasyDev, halfTimberedFarm) - I only don't have Pumps+Hoses.
Using EasyDev, I set month to Dec, weather to snow and made fast forward x360 until Feb. Got some nice snow on roofs and ground and could also use the snow blower. Also no problem to add max. snow height with EasyDev. So, everything as expected and probably not a base problem of the map itself.
This issue only occurs on this specific map, right? Not on any other?
No, the original map isn't the problem. I think i messed up something with the rowcrop installation. But i don't no what exactly and if it's recovery again. I have watched a few tutorials and i did everything exact the same way (I did it a few times, just to make sure).
First idea: try again with Pumps+Hoses deactivated.
I tested it, but it didn't work also :(

Second, what surprises me is this in your log on a fresh savegame:
CODE: SELECT ALL
2024-03-07 23:21 Error: Trying to set DensityMapHeightUpdater collision map with invalid size (33554432 vs 134217728)
2024-03-07 23:21 Warning: No tip collision map defined. Creating empty tip placement collision map.
Could it be possible that some files from the map got damaged ? Maybe download a fresh one an try again.
Yes, could be. But when i download the new map, i lose all the progress with the rowcrop. Maybe it's an idea i send you the edited map, and you test it with that? Maybe you see some errors what the exact issue is?
Third, from your initial post, this would normally be a symptom of too many mods trying to add custom fillTypes:

So, we should also have a look at the "densityMapHeight.xml" and "snow_state.xml" in your old savegame and also the list of mods you had active there .
It didn't suprise me if i have to many mods with filltypes, i play with a lot of them :lol:
You said there is a snow_state.xml i didn't watch this yet. Below the lines it contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<densityMapHeightUpdater applyUpdateCurrentIndex="-1" applyUpdateType="24" applyUpdateDeltaDensity="0" applyUpdateHeightLimit="0" applyUpdateUseCollisionMap="true" applyUpdateMaxTimePerFrame="1.000000">
</densityMapHeightUpdater>
The density xml contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<tipTypeMappings>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="WHEAT" index="1"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BARLEY" index="2"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="OAT" index="3"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CANOLA" index="4"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SORGHUM" index="5"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="GRAPE" index="6"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="OLIVE" index="7"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SUNFLOWER" index="8"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SOYBEAN" index="9"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="MAIZE" index="10"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="POTATO" index="11"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SUGARBEET" index="12"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SUGARBEET_CUT" index="13"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="COTTON" index="14"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SUGARCANE" index="15"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SEEDS" index="16"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="FORAGE" index="17"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CHAFF" index="18"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="WOODCHIPS" index="19"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SILAGE" index="20"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="GRASS_WINDROW" index="21"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="DRYGRASS_WINDROW" index="22"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="STRAW" index="23"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SNOW" index="24"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="ROADSALT" index="25"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="FERTILIZER" index="26"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="MANURE" index="27"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="PIGFOOD" index="28"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="TARP" index="29"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="LIME" index="30"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="STONE" index="31"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CHOPPEDMAIZE" index="32"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CHOPPEDMAIZE_FERMENTED" index="33"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CCM" index="34"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CCMRAW" index="35"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="GRAINGRIST" index="36"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="FEEDPELLETS" index="37"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="HAYPELLETS" index="38"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SILOGRASS" index="39"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="GRASS_FERMENTED" index="40"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BEETPULP" index="41"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BEETPULP_FERMENTED" index="42"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="POTATO_CUT" index="43"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BREWERSGRAIN" index="44"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BREWERSGRAIN_FERMENTED" index="45"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CARROT" index="46"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="DRYCLOVER_WINDROW" index="47"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CLOVER_FERMENTED" index="48"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="DRYALFALFA_WINDROW" index="49"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="ALFALFA_FERMENTED" index="50"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CROP_WINDROW" index="51"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="WETGRASS_WINDROW" index="52"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="SEMIDRYGRASS_WINDROW" index="53"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="HORSEGRASS_FERMENTED" index="54"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="CANOLA_WINDROW" index="55"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="WHEAT_WINDROW" index="56"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="BARLEY_WINDROW" index="57"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="OAT_WINDROW" index="58"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="HAY_PELLETS" index="59"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="STRAW_PELLETS" index="60"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="TARP_GREEN" index="61"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="TARP_LIGHT_GREEN" index="62"/>
    <tipTypeMapping fillType="TARP_BLACK" index="63"/>
</tipTypeMappings>
BTW: Probably not related to the issue, but do you also have loose stones on the ground of the starting farm ? This looks weird ...
I didn't see them, but i thought there are some stone planes imported in the map.i3d. Maybe you mean them.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

Well, don't you think it might have been some kind of important information to mention right at the beginning, that you have worked on the map by yourself and changed something? And wouldn't it be somehow obvious to you that possibly these changes could cause the issue? :hmm:

So, of course you have "messed it up" with whatever you did there! Is RowCrop also changing something with the GDM-files of the map or indexing? That would explain the errors you have in the log.

Regarding the tipping heaps, your are definitely at the limit with 63 items. So you would need to increase the channels if you want to keep playing like that. There seem to be also custom fruitTypes added to the map? Are those correctly implemented at all?

The allocation on snow with index 24 is correct however, so that is probably not the prime issue causing the crash. There is obviously something wrong with whatever was done for RowCrop or any other modification. I have no idea what this is at all and how it works (I see nothing about in on ModHub?). So you should rather seek assistance with the makers of that system.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

I thought i did paste it into the first message, i'm sorry there is a part missing with copying from the translate page.

Yes Rowcrop changes the basis files and index. It's not a mod or something. Below the two video's i followed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJxi1V35Xd0&t=561s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kirPFGhF7bM&t=505s

It isn't that really difficult if you have a bit knowledge about modding. It's harder to find an error if it isn't fully described into the log.
Rowcrop is a custom fruittype added to the map (maize2). It has it's own images etc and it has the ability to be planted into much sharper edges, so it looks like a curved row crop.

I followed the videos exactly on each step, i did check each step when i save the file and i was alert on making mistakes.
But yes, i also could have make an copy paste fault or something.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

What is set in your "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" for "numChannels" ? It should be 7.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

I have searched in the mod map and in the original map, but i seems like there isn't a densityMapHeightTypes.xml.

Do i need to copy it from the main game folder into the mod map, with a direction placed in the map.xml? And add the new filltype i made?
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

I wonder whether you ever tried to tip anything to ground on that map and got some crash or crazy results as well? It should have been a total mess when you have actually increased the GDM to 7 channels, but the game still thinks it is only at default 6 !

The "Bob" video completely lacks the adaptation of "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" which is required to actually use the increased number of height types for tipping.

So to do that you are right: save a copy of the original "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" into your map folder and change the "numChannels" to 7. In your "map.xml" you add:

<densityMapHeightTypes filename="yourCustomPathToFile/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" />
Then, you also add a section for any of the fillTypes you have added and need to be able to tip on ground in your "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml".

Further to that video, it is also not necessary to change both channel components "symmetrically" neither for fruits nor ground. You do not want to add more growth stages or more height steps, you only need to increase the number of available channels for the different types. It normally doesn't hurt to do it that way, but unless you need this for specific reasons, then it only adds another source of potential problems. Specifically regarding snow, I'm not sure if the additional increase to 7 "heightNumChannels" may result in issues as well.

For terrainDetailHeight we only need:
numDensityMapChannels = 13
compressionChannels = 7
combinedValuesChannels = 0 7 0
heightFirstChannel = 7
heightNumChannels = 6
This will give us 2^7 = 128 tip-type channels.

For the FoliageMultiLayer that hold the map's fruits we only need:
numDensityMapChannels = 11
numTypeIndexChannels = 6
compressionChannels = 5
This will give us 2^6 = 64 fruit channels.

In general, I am wondering, why you have done the changes to increase fruit channels at all ? It is not a precondition for "RowCrop". So you have made two major changes to vital map components at the same time without thorough testing - this is never a good idea!

Also, if you actually did increased the channels for fruits, then the existing foliages for decoration and crops should have been messed up as well unless you have re-indexed it all.

Concerning "RowCrop" itself, they are obviously increasing the map resolution by blowing up the GDM and GRLE sizes and tweaking the crop and planter parameters - OK. But, it is supposed to allow better "curved" planting also? I don't think so. This would actually mainly be achieved by an increased number of ground angles available through adaptation of the ground map parameters! But this is not mentioned anywhere!

The "Bilk" map has the game default low number of 8 angles only (22.5° steps). Does the curving look as good as you were expecting? For comparison: the "NoCreek" map, where "RowCrop" obviously originates from, has 32 angles (5.625° steps) which makes it look far better. You might want to check that topic as well.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

I wonder whether you ever tried to tip anything to ground on that map and got some crash or crazy results as well? It should have been a total mess when you have actually increased the GDM to 7 channels, but the game still thinks it is only at default 6 !
No as far i have played not. I only did grass silage and maize silage tipped to the ground and that worked fine. Only with the snow i expected that there wasn't something wrong, and ofcourse the errors in the log notice me.
The "Bob" video completely lacks the adaptation of "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" which is required to actually use the increased number of height types for tipping.

So to do that you are right: save a copy of the original "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" into your map folder and change the "numChannels" to 7. In your "map.xml" you add:

<densityMapHeightTypes filename="yourCustomPathToFile/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" />
Then, you also add a section for any of the fillTypes you have added and need to be able to tip on ground in your "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml".
I assumed no one has tipped something to the ground i think after followed the bobs video :confusednew:
I added the xml and the filltypes.
Tested it after the change and i have no errors, so that's okay *thumbsup*
Further to that video, it is also not necessary to change both channel components "symmetrically" neither for fruits nor ground. You do not want to add more growth stages or more height steps, you only need to increase the number of available channels for the different types. It normally doesn't hurt to do it that way, but unless you need this for specific reasons, then it only adds another source of potential problems. Specifically regarding snow, I'm not sure if the additional increase to 7 "heightNumChannels" may result in issues as well.

compressionChannels = 7
heightFirstChannel = 7
heightNumChannels = 6

numTypeIndexChannels = 6
compressionChannels = 5

In general, I am wondering, why you have done the changes to increase fruit channels at all ? It is not a precondition for "RowCrop". So you have made two major changes to vital map components at the same time without thorough testing - this is never a good idea!
I'm gonna change the channels like you said and test it after.
Also, if you actually did increased the channels for fruits, then the existing foliages for decoration and crops should have been messed up as well unless you have re-indexed it all.
As far as i can see i didn't have any problems. Everything works like normal.
I increased the channels because i got the error for maximum types reached. From a tip on the forum i had to increase the channels.
I added rowcrop as index 99999, the i3d created the next available index for this fruit.

Concerning "RowCrop" itself, they are obviously increasing the map resolution by blowing up the GDM and GRLE sizes and tweaking the crop and planter parameters - OK. But, it is supposed to allow better "curved" planting also? I don't think so. This would actually mainly be achieved by an increased number of ground angles available through adaptation of the ground map parameters! But this is not mentioned anywhere!

The "Bilk" map has the game default low number of 8 angles only (22.5° steps). Does the curving look as good as you were expecting? For comparison: the "NoCreek" map, where "RowCrop" obviously originates from, has 32 angles (5.625° steps) which makes it look far better. You might want to check that topic as well.
Yes correct, they didn't mentioned that. I indeed changed the map already to 32 angles.
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

compressionChannels = 7
heightFirstChannel = 7
heightNumChannels = 6

numTypeIndexChannels = 6
compressionChannels = 5
I changed the map to these settings you sended. The log contains 1 error and 1 warning after doing this:
2024-03-09 16:06 Error: Trying to set DensityMapHeightUpdater collision map with invalid size (33554432 vs 134217728)
2024-03-09 16:06 Warning: No tip collision map defined. Creating empty tip placement collision map.

But when i reload the new savegame these from above are gone in the log :S
For the rest keeps the problem with snow the same.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

You cannot change things like that in the base map and expect it to work in the old savegame! This will make things even worse! The files inside the savegame will only work with the settings of the base map they were created with. There are ways to rework some things, but that is not happening automatically.

If you ONLY make the changes with 7 channels in "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" and keep everything else as it was, does snow work then?
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom: