Snow

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
michaelj1511

Re: Snow

Post by michaelj1511 »

No i understand. I didn't use my old savegame. I changed the things above, start a fresh savegame without mods (except easydev) and tested it.
If you ONLY make the changes with 7 channels in "maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml" and keep everything else as it was, does snow work then?
No, unfortunately it hasn't any effect.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

Then there is probably something else generally wrong with the modifications you made so far.

I just made a quick boost-up to the Bilk map, changing it to 64 fruits, 128 heights and 32 angles and there is no error or problems with snow. If you start over and get to that point without problems, it should be the basis for setting up RowCrop.

BTW, you mentioned that there were no changes noticeable after increasing the fruits to 64? That cannot be right - the foliages are of course changing as expected and one can see an obvious difference in deco grass at once. So, if you don't see anything, you didn't upgrade to 64 fruits correctly. Unless you plan to add more than 10 custom foliages, I would skip this part at first anyway as you will need an additional tricky step to re-index the foliage-matrix for an existing map.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
michaelj1511

Post by michaelj1511 »

LS-Lara wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am Then there is probably something else generally wrong with the modifications you made so far.

I just made a quick boost-up to the Bilk map, changing it to 64 fruits, 128 heights and 32 angles and there is no error or problems with snow. If you start over and get to that point without problems, it should be the basis for setting up RowCrop.
Yeah, i also afraid that's the only way to fix it. But.. after all, i learned again a few new things, so that's the good part :wink3:
Thanks anyway for the help!
BTW, you mentioned that there were no changes noticeable after increasing the fruits to 64? That cannot be right - the foliages are of course changing as expected and one can see an obvious difference in deco grass at once. So, if you don't see anything, you didn't upgrade to 64 fruits correctly. Unless you plan to add more than 10 custom foliages, I would skip this part at first anyway as you will need an additional tricky step to re-index the foliage-matrix for an existing map.
No, i didn't see anything different. The only thing what was changed, was the windrow grass disappear on a certain moment. But i thought this was by the crashing savegame.