Help menu wrong when wheel connected

Darius71890

Help menu wrong when wheel connected

Post by Darius71890 »

I have a thrustmaster t248 wheel and when it’s connected to fs22 the help menu on the top left shows all the wrong controls. Example would be it says button y to unload bales when it really should be lsb+y. Lsb+y works to unload but it’s showing the wrong buttons in the help menu. When I use just a controller everything shows as it should. I’ve tried using steam input and no steam input.

Has this Happened to anyone else or have any tips on how to get it working properly?
JensChrDK

Re: Help menu wrong when wheel connected

Post by JensChrDK »

There is somewhere in the in-game options where you can choose what help you want shown in the F1 menu - keyboard, wheel, controller or what..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Darius71890

Post by Darius71890 »

I can’t seem to find a setting to change it in the actual game or the main menu options. All I can find is a setting to turn the f1 menu on or off.I’ve tried with no mods and it didn’t change anything. Mine always changed automatically when I have the controller or wheel connected then if I press the keyboard it changes to keys help menu but if I press a button on the controller or wheel again it goes back to showing controller or wheel help menu.

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 pm There is somewhere in the in-game options where you can choose what help you want shown in the F1 menu - keyboard, wheel, controller or what..
Guil

Post by Guil »

Darius71890 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:41 pm I can’t seem to find a setting to change it in the actual game or the main menu options. All I can find is a setting to turn the f1 menu on or off.I’ve tried with no mods and it didn’t change anything. Mine always changed automatically when I have the controller or wheel connected then if I press the keyboard it changes to keys help menu but if I press a button on the controller or wheel again it goes back to showing controller or wheel help menu.

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 pm There is somewhere in the in-game options where you can choose what help you want shown in the F1 menu - keyboard, wheel, controller or what..
Go to option on the main menu and under help menu it should say wheel, controller or auto if memory serves me right. Set it to auto and it will change between them all after pressing a key. Can take a few secs to go from keyboard back to controller but it will work
Darius71890

Post by Darius71890 »

Thanks I found it. Mine was in auto so I tried changing it to game pad but that didn’t change anything. It still shows the wrong controls on the help menu.