Mars map

ValhallSN95

Re: Mars map

Post by ValhallSN95 »

The constantly bashing map makers is one of the biggest reasons why we're missing some of the best carry-over maps from previous games. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying what we have now but there is a few I really miss from previous titles.

Anyone that takes the time to get into modding has my respect, because I've tried it, even had a 4430 up and usable (mostly) during my brief time on PC with FS17, and let me tell you, it ain't easy. I'll take making a fresh tune on a new ECM or start from scratch roll cage any day over running lines of code and working with blender and Giants Editor.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

...... They should have locked this one at the same time
Michaelanders

Post by Michaelanders »

I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Michaelanders wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also
Try using a , or maybe a .

Blame... Because you don't like any of the maps made either by Giants, or some of the talented modders out there?
Once again, why do you play this game? :hmm:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Michaelanders wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also
I see you have changed your tune from your locked post which tbh I’m glad you have, you have to remember maps made by other farmsim players are from their own creativity and ideas of what they want to see in the game, you don’t have to like it and if you don’t like certain maps as do I then just move on and play a different one, but don’t have a go at the map maker for making something that doesn’t suit your playing style just don’t play it
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Lol the only difference between the locked thread and this one, he exchanged calling one map stupid with calling 99% "not great". So humble.....🙄
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:39 pm Lol the only difference between the locked thread and this one, he exchanged calling one map stupid with calling 99% "not great". So humble.....🙄
It was locked because it’s basically a duplicate in the wrong section. These threads always seem to survive a while as the community seems to do a pretty good job of piling on and making it a learning experience haha
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Cool beans , ✌️out
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

So out of say 300 maps Giants made 4 of them but you say Giants is mostly the problem?
Playing on PC and PS4
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:42 pm
Try using a , or maybe a .

Blame... Because you don't like any of the maps made either by Giants, or some of the talented modders out there?
Once again, why do you play this game? :hmm:
I find it funny when a person points out issues with somebody's punctuation, spelling or grammar, when they are guilty of the same. It's as hypocritical as this thread.

Not sure why somebody would single out a mod when there are so many strange things in the base game. Sailboats, rollercoasters, pianos to mention a few.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

FBtheSQL wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:36 am
I find it funny when a person points out issues with somebody's punctuation, spelling or grammar, when they are guilty of the same. It's as hypocritical as this thread.

Not sure why somebody would single out a mod when there are so many strange things in the base game. Sailboats, rollercoasters, pianos to mention a few.
I’m no scholar but you’ve got to at least throw a period or something in there. The sentence could mean like three different things depending on where you put it.

Pianos and sailboats and rollercoasters are definitely dumb. That statement will make some people angry but I don’t care I stand behind it.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:18 pm

I’m no scholar but you’ve got to at least throw a period or something in there. The sentence could mean like three different things depending on where you put it.

Pianos and sailboats and rollercoasters are definitely dumb. That statement will make some people angry but I don’t care I stand behind it.
For fun, I can provide on possible translation from a punctuation-less sentence.

"I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself" Here he is clearly contradicting himself. He's saying he respects the modders, but then says if he had the ability to respect modders he would try respecting them himself.

"it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also" Here he is putting a lot of the blame on Giants, and the rest on modders for bad maps...unless the map is good, in which case nobody is to blame...except the modder who made a good map...and Giants who provided a good base game for the modder.

It's also quite possible there's crack involved, and the OP doesn't have a clue what he's trying to say either.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Hahaha
Etcher

Post by Etcher »

So now it’s Giant’s fault someone made a map set on by Mars that got you hot under the collar?
Stop digging.
Guil

Post by Guil »

FBtheSQL wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:46 pm
UncleRico wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:18 pm

For fun, I can provide on possible translation from a punctuation-less sentence.

"I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself" Here he is clearly contradicting himself. He's saying he respects the modders, but then says if he had the ability to respect modders he would try respecting them himself.

"it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also" Here he is putting a lot of the blame on Giants, and the rest on modders for bad maps...unless the map is good, in which case nobody is to blame...except the modder who made a good map...and Giants who provided a good base game for the modder.

It's also quite possible there's crack involved, and the OP doesn't have a clue what he's trying to say either.
Surely he means he respects modders and if he had the ability to mod he would try it himself?