Mars map

Michaelanders

Mars map

Post by Michaelanders »

We are in need of some good maps a lot of these I'd say about 99% of them are not great I wish they would give us something that's decent I've tried a majority of the maps and none of them are all that great
mydixiewrecked

Re: Mars map

Post by mydixiewrecked »

OK, I see you made 2 threads in different forum sections. Now use your time wisely and make the perfect map.....I dare you. Please prove me wrong and let me know when it gets released so we can marvel at the wonders of the master map maker called Michaelanders. I'll be anxiously waiting!!!!!!!!!
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I don't think there are any mind readers here, so what would make a good map in your opinion? Share your ideas, otherwise people will jump all over this thread, popcorn will start popping, tempers will rise, and we don't want any of that.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

A great map lasts a long time. I'm playing the same map I played in FS15, that my friends and I have converted and improved with every version of the game. Surely you have some maps you like, improve them yourself, and convert if necessary.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I'm a few hundred hours into Rennebu, so I'd say that classifies as a good map 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

KevinMn wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 am A great map lasts a long time. I'm playing the same map I played in FS15, that my friends and I have converted and improved with every version of the game. Surely you have some maps you like, improve them yourself, and convert if necessary.
That takes some time, patience, and skill :) I started working on one myself yesterday. I really like the Springcreek 32X map (Not really a conversion, fixing it. And adjusting to my liking once I get that far). I don't like multifruit most maps have added as the textures mostly look cheap, and are harder on the system. So I started messing with the early version with no multifuits. Every version of this map throws some errors, or needs some help (Not knocking it, its an amazing piece of work). Managed to upgrade the custom shader from version 4 to 5. Edited the maps_fruitTypes.xml that was missing in early versions removing mutltifruits. Removed Anhydrous. Now I actually need to figure out giants editor and remove a few random field objects (One has an AC unit lol) I would say this will take many, many more hours, at least it's not throwing any errors now. I have the ultimate respect for those that are making these maps. I don't know what I'm doing, and am amazed I got as far as I have so far for a days work. Hats off to the map makers!!!!! None of it comes easy. Opening Giants editor, I looked at it closed it, watched some videos. Opened it again, closed it. Then started manually adjusting the .xml's, and luckily found an upgraded version of the shader in another map made by someone else. Giants editor seems daunting, but a hurdle that I must tackle.
Farmermike

Post by Farmermike »

I thought the topic here was about Mars map :hmm:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

When I saw the Mars map I was wondering if some man babies would come on here and complain. 1 "different" map is all it takes for someone on here to complain about maps, lol. It's something different. I imagine quite a few people will love this map because it's out of this world!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'm more irked that someone thinks 99% of the maps aren't good. Then what do you play....or why do you play?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:44 pm I'm more irked that someone thinks 99% of the maps aren't good. Then what do you play....or why do you play?
I was thinking the same - there can't be much fun left then... :hmm: :hmm:

And on the subject of the Mars map - that thing looks crazy :lol: And out of this world as Chedly says :mrgreen: Love it when a modder makes something that I would have never thought was missing from the game! :coolnew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

JensChrDK wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:00 pm

I was thinking the same - there can't be much fun left then... :hmm: :hmm:
Yeah doesn't add up. Frankly, I don't even understand why this thread was started. Obviously the person writing. It doesn't even participate in the conversation or give any more reasoning. Why bother?
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

This was originally released for FS19 on Nexxus mods. I love maps like this that are outside the norm... similar to 'Farm Cat Island' for FS19
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I liked Rathlin Island (FS17) for the same reason ... it suffered from FS17 textures and my old PC at the time.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

Farmermike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:39 pm I thought the topic here was about Mars map :hmm:
The topic says Mars Map but the original post is just a knock on map makers
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

His other locked topic is a little bit more sinister and unfair towards the Mars map, the fact is the guy who made Mars map doesn’t owe anybody anything, in actual fact it is map makers like myself who owe a lot to him because without FarmerBobs tutorial videos it would have been impossible for beginners like myself to make a map so I think he deserves a lot more respect from the community when you consider how helpful he is towards us and not have topics like this threw in his direction
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw