Detachable Towing Unit, what am I doing wrong?

Bryan83

Detachable Towing Unit, what am I doing wrong?

Post by Bryan83 »

So I watched a few videos, followed the directions and still have 2 issues. The first is when I release the pivot, the vehicle being towed falls to one side and 2, I can't go over 15 miles an hour while towing. I did the whole thing about getting in and out before hooking up and still have issues. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Guil

Re: Detachable Towing Unit, what am I doing wrong?

Post by Guil »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:42 am So I watched a few videos, followed the directions and still have 2 issues. The first is when I release the pivot, the vehicle being towed falls to one side and 2, I can't go over 15 miles an hour while towing. I did the whole thing about getting in and out before hooking up and still have issues. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Can you give more details? It's very hard to understand what exactly you are referring to.
Bryan83

Re: Detachable Towing Unit, what am I doing wrong?

Post by Bryan83 »

So I'm using the Detachable Towing Unit mod (82² Studios) and I watched the video on how to properly use the item, but I'm having difficulties with it. I can get the actual TLX Wrecker to work just fine for towing, but as I said, when using the DTU, I position it centered between the steering wheels on the truck in going to tow, lift it up, adjust the weight in the front, and as soon as I hit the button to allow it to freely swivel, the lifted truck falls to one side or the other and when I start moving, I can't get the truck in towing with to go over 15. Both trucks are the TLX Phoenix.

I hope that helps.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)