Dualshock Controller on Mac

Shubes

Dualshock Controller on Mac

Post by Shubes »

Hello there,

Brand-new to Farming Simulator and I'm just wondering if FS22 will allow me to use my Dualshock 4 Controller? I'm on a Mac (iMac that meets all the gaming specs, so no issues there) but it's difficult to find many others who actually play simulator-type games on a Mac. I've got a couple other simulators that support my Dualshock 4 Controller and I'm just curious if FS22 will.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!
don_apple

Re: Dualshock Controller on Mac

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, the Dualshock 4 Controller works "out-of-the-box" with the macOS Version of FS22.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

I just purchased/installed FS22 on my late-model iMac and unfortunately FS22 does NOT recognize my DualShock controller, no matter what I try. I've enabled/disabled Steam input, and the controller works perfectly with other Steam games (American/Euro Truck Simulator) but Farming Simulator 22 won't recognize the controller. Not sure if something broke/got changed or what; I'd sure prefer using the controller over the keyboard, though.
Attachments
log.txt
(32.25 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Last edited by Shubes on Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Shubes wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:04 pm I just purchased/installed FS22 on my late-model iMac and unfortunately FS22 does NOT recognize my DualShock controller, no matter what I try. I've enabled/disabled Steam input, and the controller works perfectly with other Steam games (American/Euro Truck Simulator) but Farming Simulator 22 won't recognize the controller. Not sure if something broke/got changed or what; I'd sure prefer using the controller over the keyboard, though.
Please post the log.txt of the game (see the link "log.txt" in my signature for instructions) so that others can get a better idea about what is going on.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

Thank you. I just added the log.txt file to my original post.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to the log.txt your game does not detect the controller at all:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback disabled
On my system the log.txt shows the following when the controller is detected:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback disabled
  Devices:
    PS4 Controller (VID: 09CC PID: 054C VER: FFFF Cat: GAMEPAD)
      Number of Axes: 6
      Number of Buttons: 16
Since you are using Steam (I use the direct download version from GIANTS), I'm guessing there is something that needs to be changed in the Steam settings to alow the game to "see" the controller.

Maybe one of the following will help:
viewtopic.php?p=1573104#p1573104
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=145182&p=1134586#p1129732
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=144837&p=1126822#p1126822
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

Thank you for taking time to check the game logs and provide the feedback. The links you provided did, indeed, help me resolve the issue so Farming Simulator now sees my controller. Thank you so much for all your help!
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Glad to hear it is working now. Would be nice to know which one of the links was the one that helped to resolve the issue?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

don_apple wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:26 pm Glad to hear it is working now. Would be nice to know which one of the links was the one that helped to resolve the issue?
The very first link you provided:
viewtopic.php?p=1573104#p1573104

The odd thing is, I tried this solution (about the Steam "Big Picture Mode" and disabling Steam Input) to get American Truck Simulator to recognize my controller (after it suddenly stopped working for no reason) and the solution never worked in ATS. It works beautifully in Farming Simulator 22, however, so I'm happy! :geek: