FS22 Premium Expanison DLC crop distance textures missing

DM86

FS22 Premium Expanison DLC crop distance textures missing

Post by DM86 »

Hi all

I can't seem to find any similar issues, so maybe something just I am experiencing.

I have recently purchased the Premium Expansion DLC, and whilst the new crops etc have been automatically added to the existing & new saves, across both base game & Mod maps, the distance textures for each of the new crops (Carrot, Red Beet & Parsnip) have not? The attached image will hopefully fill in any gaps I may have missed in words.

I have trialled with NEW, existing save games. Base game & Mod maps, only the MAP & DLC selected, but no solution found. The only map that the distance textures are visible on is the Zielonska map, which unsurprisingly is part of the DLC itself. Would I be correct in assuming that the only logical solution would be to add the 3 new crops with distance textures to the maps manually?

Granted this is by no means a games changer, just not aesthetically pleasing & something I will no doubt just have to stomach.

Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions provided.
LS-Lara

Re: FS22 Premium Expanison DLC crop distance textures missing

Post by LS-Lara »

It is not an individual problem on your side - I can confirm this issue. The actual textures are however available, apparently correcty implemented in the basegame foliage files and "should" work. But probably due to the way of loading the three new fruits dynamically into maps, there seems to be some glitch. If the fruits are directly implemented into the map, like Zielonka or in a custom mod map, the issue does not occur.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
DM86

Post by DM86 »

Thank you for your response, at least its not something I am doing causing this.

Frustrating that the only way to fix is by amending each map. I hadn't realised that the files were available, as normally DLC files are locked etc, so not the end of the world to make these adjustments.

Thanks again
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

If you add these new fruits to a map manually and still activate the DLC to make use of the special vehicles, you will run into problems. Typically, the game would ignore your fruits due to identical names and add the ones from DLC anyway. So that would not be a solution unfortunately.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
DM86

Post by DM86 »

LS-Lara wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:52 pm If you add these new fruits to a map manually and still activate the DLC to make use of the special vehicles, you will run into problems. Typically, the game would ignore your fruits due to identical names and add the ones from DLC anyway. So that would not be a solution unfortunately.

Oh ok, so unfortunately not an option either then. I see this particular issue has not been addressed with the latest update, or at least its not listed in the patch notes.

I have recently had a game going on Ballyspring, that has the 3 Premium dlc fruits included on the actual map etc & has the distance textures at each stage, don't see any errors in log with regard to duplicates fruits either, would they be likely in line with your advise provided

Will have a look through the files and see if I can work it out.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

Indeed, BallySpring runs flawlessly even if Premium DLC is activated. No errors in the log except those we are used to.

I have then re-checked with my modmap again and in fact the errors I had are not occuring there any more! I had made multiple changes to the map since then, but nothing major concerning fruits except changing some of the sequence. So, no idea what was the original cause of the errors back then - but apparently adding the Premium fruits seems to be no issue in general.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom: