Maps

Candyman35

Maps

Post by Candyman35 »

Is there a way to jump from one map to another w/o exiting the game?
FBtheSQL

Re: Maps

Post by FBtheSQL »

Quit to menu, then pick the map you want to jump to. You won't exit the game.
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:01 pm Quit to menu, then pick the map you want to jump to. You won't exit the game.
Is there a way w/o going to menu? Sometimes it takes forever to go to menu.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Well it depends. Sometimes when I quit I exit the game. Other times it exits to the main screen. The busier my map is the more often it exits the game.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Candyman, im guessing from this post you never had the joys of loading games on cassette, ie spectrum, amstrad or commodore. Trust me, what you are on about is not a long time. I could sometimes wait 20 mins for a game to load or sometimes it just wouldnt load at all
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Press play on tape, then grab lunch, and if you were lucky you could start to play Last Ninja II... IF there was no error during loading.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Or needed to change disk/tape during load....

And at op : Nope, not possible. Game need to load up a new map, and to do that, it needs to purge the last, so either force quit, or exit the save to main menu.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

Cokey wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am Candyman, im guessing from this post you never had the joys of loading games on cassette, ie spectrum, amstrad or commodore. Trust me, what you are on about is not a long time. I could sometimes wait 20 mins for a game to load or sometimes it just wouldnt load at all
I know about waiting! I used to play on the Atari 400 with diskettes. Sometimes I try to exit map only to have it freeze and hafta to force quit.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Candyman35 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am
Cokey wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am Candyman, im guessing from this post you never had the joys of loading games on cassette, ie spectrum, amstrad or commodore. Trust me, what you are on about is not a long time. I could sometimes wait 20 mins for a game to load or sometimes it just wouldnt load at all
I know about waiting! I used to play on the Atari 400 with diskettes. Sometimes I try to exit map only to have it freeze and hafta to force quit.
Yes this has happened to me.
Most games allow you to save/load from a menu in-game. Giants never got that far in their development.
I never gracefully exit FS anymore, it's faster and more reliable to force quit every time.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Ahh the old Apple 2c days when you connected the computer to your rabbit ears with alligator clips. I still remember wizardry version 1 where you had to type all your commands. Fireball spell was Mahalito.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder