Stationary 'Household sized' Tedder?

SirAser

Stationary 'Household sized' Tedder?

Post by SirAser »

Running a small household of horses and was planning to use my 'household mower', to cut the grass around the horse paddock and then feet it to the horses ..very simple!!
So I mowed the area around the horse paddock and got a huge heap of freshly cut grass ..only to realize, that they don't take grass?? ..only hay(realism takes some serious beating here)? Really!?
Went to the tool-shop to search for a little and stationary tedder, that could turn this heap grass into hay, on the go ..but no luck?

Looking at the heap of grass and are wondering ..do I really need to spread that heap out on the ground, to run a "huge tractor" with a "huge tedder" back and forth, just to turn it into hay?? ..come one??!
Thought, this must be an easy/logic mod-creation and went to ModHub ..but no??!? - Only large scale tedders, on big tractor, used in the fields..!

What I'm looking for, is a "small size tool" - for household machinery ..either for the movers, or the small carts, or gators(at max)
Ideally, a little movable tool/machine, that I can dump/empty my household-mower into, that will 'ted' the grass into hay on the go?!?

Any Modders around that can 'follow my logic'??
FS17 on PS4 - Gave it to my 6 year old son - was helping him and got tangled into liking simulating farming
FS19 on PS4 - My son again insisted - and I got it for free to PC
FS22 on PS4/5 - same demands and I was impressed...
FS22 on PC - I PAID for the game and for multible mods, now running with 500+mods and SIM Dashbords/Button boxes ..it's freaken addicting, intelligent ASMR made fun!!
Earnest Pea

Re: Stationary 'Household sized' Tedder?

Post by Earnest Pea »

How about the Pottinger Alpinhit 4.4 H in the shop. It only needs 30 HP. You should be able to run it on some of the smallest machines in the game.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

Well.. You can! ..but it's still a way bigger tool, relying on a bigger vehicle ...than any 'usual household sized' machinery.

The purpose/usability of the the small mowers.... kind of, goes down the drain, since I will have to acquire another bigger vehicle, that can run this field-tedder (and they could even cut the grass faster!)
Second, I will have to move the heap, to another flat area again, to use this larger vehicles(that uses the bigger tools) and then we are back to, ..why not just use the bigger tools(that we have in abundance)?!

I was hoping for a little movable tool(even a handheld air-blower), to keep it in the 'household' category
FS17 on PS4 - Gave it to my 6 year old son - was helping him and got tangled into liking simulating farming
FS22 on PC - I PAID for the game and for multible mods, now running with 500+mods and SIM Dashbords/Button boxes ..it's freaken addicting, intelligent ASMR made fun!!
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Why not changing the animal food xml so that horses accepts grass.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

Have you thought about using a placeable barn instead?
There are quite a few hay loft type building on the modhub that will convert grass to hay.
You could simply dump your gras cuttings into the loft, have it convert it and take the hay out.
There are quite a few on the modhub, some are part of building packs, so there's bound to be one that fits your scenario.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

There are many things in the game that weren't thought out, and require work arounds to fix. I guess the devs at Giants never thought a pitchfork would be a good tool for a farmer to have.
Waiting for a modder to come up with something is probably a waste of time.
Modifying the xml yourself is likely your best choice. You might be able to make the horses eat grass, or switch the grass to hay. Good luck.
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 am Why not changing the animal food xml so that horses accepts grass.
That is some serious 'next-level' tunings, that I'm not skilled to, or dare fiddle with!!
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

Yeah.. I'm aware of that solution ..but it goes a little beyond the limits of 'small household appliances' ..just a tad!
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

SirAser wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:54 pm
Yeah.. I'm aware of that solution ..but it goes a little beyond the limits of 'small household appliances' ..just a tad!
What exactly do you mean by “small household” Those stave silos, especially ones that small are extremely tiny in the farming world. I think the issue is that what you’re looking for doesn’t exist in real life so it’s going to be hard to find exactly what you want. A tedder works by fluffing and spreading grass over a large area so it can dry more quickly. It’s basically the opposite of what you are wanting it to do. The only thing that would maybe help is the old moisture system from the seasons mod. The problem with that is people hated how it forced you to plan for the correct weather and it was often complained about. I’m assuming that’s why it didn’t make it into the base game.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

If you use one of those mowers that directly collect grass into their basket, you could very easily do the magic and transform it to hay. If that would be some "realistic gameplay scenario" for you ...

EDIT: Just came across this cute little one by coincidence. You could easily adapt it to a nice stationary grass-dryer!
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

LS-Lara wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:40 pm If you use one of those mowers that directly collect grass into their basket, you could very easily do the magic and transform it to hay. If that would be some "realistic gameplay scenario" for you ...

EDIT: Just came across this cute little one by coincidence. You could easily adapt it to a nice stationary grass-dryer!
Got that corn-dryer already, but I have no idea, how to 'adapt' anything(I'm NOT a modder - not even close! ..but I would love if someone that could, would do the trick!)
Last edited by SirAser on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:49 pm
SirAser wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:54 pm
What exactly do you mean by “small household” Those stave silos, especially ones that small are extremely tiny in the farming world. I think the issue is that what you’re looking for doesn’t exist in real life so it’s going to be hard to find exactly what you want. A tedder works by fluffing and spreading grass over a large area so it can dry more quickly. It’s basically the opposite of what you are wanting it to do. The only thing that would maybe help is the old moisture system from the seasons mod. The problem with that is people hated how it forced you to plan for the correct weather and it was often complained about. I’m assuming that’s why it didn’t make it into the base game.
Well.. I was aware of the smaller silos for drying grass ..and I might end up with one of those, if nothing else is possible.
As far as I remember(from my childhood, at my uncles farm) ..a tedder just 'fluffs'/turns grass, so it may dry faster than usual..?! - but normally, it still takes some time for the grass to dry..?!
In this game, the tedder just 'magically dries the grass' instantly, as it turns it over ..so still some 'instant magic' happening there!

I was just asking, if it was possible to do some 'magic' in a smaller scale ..as an addon-tool for the mower?! - until then, I found this Lizard Z525 that I might try..!
But still ..the obvious error, that horses won't take freshly cut grass..?! ..an 'easy fix' some say?!
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

SirAser wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:50 pm
TobiHH wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 am Why not changing the animal food xml so that horses accepts grass.
That is some serious 'next-level' tunings, that I'm not skilled to, or dare fiddle with!!
That is easier than you think. On which map are you playing on?

Another option would be to use the maize plus mod. Brings a lot more realism to the game, and you can also adjust the feeding quite simple. It includes a PDF file with a good explanation of how to do it.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

SirAser wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am Got that corn-dryer already, but I have no idea, how to 'adapt' anything(I'm NOT a modder - not even close! ..but I would love if someone that could, would do the trick!)
Q&D, keeping the original corn dryer available:

Adapted "modDesc.xml":

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<modDesc descVersion="79">
    <author>JMZ</author>
    <contributors>Vnsfdg2</contributors>
    <version>1.0.0.0</version>
<title>
<en>Small Corn Dryer</en>
<pl>Mała Suszarnia Kukurydzy</pl>
<de>Kleine Mais-Trockner</de>
</title>
    <description>
<en>
<![CDATA[
A small maize dryer will help you to reduce the moisture content of your crop and sell it at higher prices. It is ideal for smaller and medium-sized farms.

In addition to the main building, you will also find buildings in the package that allow you to sell the dried maize.

>Small Corn Dryer:
-Price: 21390$
-Daily maintenance: 20$
-Capacity: 15000 L of wet maize
-Production cost (1 hour): 20,5$

>Farmers' Market (Category-Points of Sale):
-Farmers' market
-Fast food restaurant
-Supermarket

*From 15,000 L of wet maize you will get 12,900 L of dry maize.*
]]>
</en>
<de>
<![CDATA[
Der kleine Maistrockner hilft Ihnen, den Feuchtigkeitsgehalt Ihrer Ernte zu reduzieren und sie zu höheren Preisen zu verkaufen. Er ist ideal für kleinere und mittlere Betriebe.

Neben dem Hauptgebäude finden Sie in dem Paket auch Gebäude, mit denen Sie den getrockneten Mais verkaufen können.

>Kleiner Maistrockner:
-Preis: 21390€
-Tägliche Wartung: 20€
-Kapazität: 15000 l Nassmais
-Produktionskosten (1 Stunde): 20,5€

>Bauernmarkt (Kategorie-Verkaufsstellen):
-Bauernmarkt
-Schnellrestaurant
-Supermarkt

*Aus 15.000 l Nassmais erhält man 12.900 l Trockenmais.
]]>
</de>
<pl>
<![CDATA[
Mała suszarnia kukurydzy pomoże Ci zmniejszyć wilgotność plonów i sprzedać je w większych cenach. Idealnie sprawdzi się na mniejszych i średnich gospodarstwach.

Oprócz głównego budynku w paczce znajdziesz również budynki pozwalające na sprzedaż wysuszonej kukurydzy.

>Mała Suszarnia kukurydzy:
-Cena: 21390$
-Utrzymanie dzienne: 20$
-Pojemość: 15000 L mokrej kukurydzy
-Koszt produkcji (1 godzina): 20,5$

>Punkty sprzedaży (Kategoria-Punkty sprzedaży):
-Market Farmerów
-Restauracja Fast Food
-Supermarket

*Z 15.000 L mokrej kukurydzy dostaniesz 12.900 L suchej.*
]]>
</pl>
    </description>
    <iconFilename>icon_SmallCornDryer.dds</iconFilename>
    <multiplayer supported="true"/>

<storeItems>
        <storeItem xmlFilename="suszarnia.xml"/>
		<storeItem xmlFilename="sellingPoints/farmersMarket.xml"/>
		<storeItem xmlFilename="sellingPoints/fastFoodRestaurant.xml"/>
		<storeItem xmlFilename="sellingPoints/restaurant.xml"/>
		<storeItem xmlFilename="sellingPoints/supermarket.xml"/>
        <!-- ADDED: -->
        <storeItem xmlFilename="suszarniaGrass.xml"/>
    </storeItems>

<fillTypes filename="fillType/fillTypes.xml" />

<l10n>
<text name="corndryer">
<en>Corn Dryer</en>
<de>Maistrockner</de>
<pl>Suszarnia</pl>
</text>
<text name="function_corndryer">
<en>By adding Corn, the dryer dries the corn for a more profitable product.</en>
<de>Durch die Zugabe von Mais trocknet der Trockner den Mais und erzeugt so ein rentableres Produkt.</de>
<pl>Suszarnia suszy kukurydzę, aby uzyskać bardziej opłacalny produkt.</pl>
</text>
<text name="fillType_dry_maize">
<en>Dried Corn</en>
<de>Getrockneter Mais</de>
<pl>Sucha Kukurydza </pl>
</text>
<!-- ADDED: -->
<text name="grassdryer">
<en>Corn Dryer</en>
<de>Grastrockner</de>
<pl>?????</pl>
</text>
<text name="function_grassdryer">
<en>By adding grass, the dryer dries the grass and turns it into hay.</en>
<de>Durch die Zugabe von Gras trocknet der Trockner das Gras und erzeugt so Heu.</de>
<pl>?????</pl>
</text>
</l10n>

</modDesc>
New "suszarniaGrass.xml" based on original one (changes visible by commenting, for a learning experience):

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<placeable type="productionPoint" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../../../../../shared/xml/schema/placeable.xsd">

<storeData>
        <name>
            <!--<en>Small corn dryer</en>-->
            <en>Small grass dryer</en>
            <!--<pl>Mała suszarnia kukurydzy</pl>-->
            <pl>?????</pl>
            <!--<de>Kleine Mais Trocknungsanlage</de>-->
            <de>Kleine Gras Trocknungsanlage</de>
        </name>
        <functions>
            <!--<function>$l10n_function_corndryer</function>-->
            <function>$l10n_function_grassdryer</function>

</functions>
        <specs>
            <capacity>15000</capacity>
            <!--<fillTypes>MAIZE</fillTypes>-->
            <fillTypes>GRASS_WINDROW</fillTypes>
        </specs>
        <image>store_suszarnia.dds</image>
        <price>21390</price>
        <dailyUpkeep>20</dailyUpkeep>
        <lifetime>1000</lifetime>
        <rotation>0</rotation>
        <brand>NONE</brand>
        <species>placeable</species>
        <category>productionPoints</category>
        <brush>
            <type>placeable</type>
            <category>production</category>
            <tab>factories</tab>
        </brush>
        <vertexBufferMemoryUsage>626432</vertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <indexBufferMemoryUsage>99584</indexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <textureMemoryUsage>2293760</textureMemoryUsage>
        <audioMemoryUsage>0</audioMemoryUsage>
        <instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>
    </storeData>

<base>
        <filename>suszarnia.i3d</filename>
        <canBeRenamed>true</canBeRenamed>
    </base>

<placement useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" >
        <testAreas>
            <testArea startNode="0>5|0" endNode="0>5|0|0" />
        </testAreas>

<sounds>
            <place template="siloImp" />
        </sounds>
    </placement>

<tipOcclusionUpdateArea sizeX="3" sizeZ="3"/>

<clearAreas>
        <clearArea startNode="2|0" widthNode="2|0|0" heightNode="2|0|1"/>
    </clearAreas>

<leveling requireLeveling="true" maxSmoothDistance="5" maxSlope="30" maxEdgeAngle="20">
        <levelAreas>
            <levelArea startNode="2|0" widthNode="2|0|0" heightNode="2|0|1"/>
        </levelAreas>
    </leveling>

<productionPoint>
        <productions sharedThroughputCapacity="false">
            <!--<production id="corndryer" name="$l10n_corndryer" cyclesPerHour="40" costsPerActiveHour="20.5">-->
            <production id="grassdryer" name="$l10n_grassdryer" cyclesPerHour="40" costsPerActiveHour="20.5">
                <inputs>
                    <!--<input fillType="MAIZE" amount="15000" />-->
                    <input fillType="GRASS_WINDROW" amount="15000" />
                </inputs>
                <outputs>
                    <!--<output fillType="DRY_MAIZE" amount="12900" />-->
                    <output fillType="DRYGRASS_WINDROW" amount="12900" />
                </outputs>
            </production>
        </productions>

<storage isExtension="false" fillLevelSyncThreshold="50">
            <!--<capacity fillType="MAIZE"    capacity="15000" />-->
            <capacity fillType="GRASS_WINDROW"    capacity="15000" />
            <!--<capacity fillType="DRY_MAIZE"   capacity="13000" />-->
            <capacity fillType="DRYGRASS_WINDROW"   capacity="13000" />

<!--<dynamicFillPlane node="0>4|4" allSidePlanes="true" defaultFillType="MAIZE" />-->
            <dynamicFillPlane node="0>4|4" allSidePlanes="true" defaultFillType="GRASS_WINDROW" />
        </storage>

<sellingStation appearsOnStats="true" supportsExtension="false" storageRadius="0">
            <!--<unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0>3|0|0|0|0" fillTypes="MAIZE" aiNode="0>3|1|0|0|3"/>-->
            <unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0>3|0|0|0|0" fillTypes="GRASS_WINDROW" aiNode="0>3|1|0|0|3"/>
        </sellingStation>

<loadingStation node="0>3|1|0|0|0" supportsExtension="false" storageRadius="0">
            <!--<loadTrigger triggerNode="0>3|1|0|0|0" fillLitersPerSecond="2000" dischargeNode="0>3|1|0|0|1" fillTypeCategories="farmSilo" aiNode="0>3|1|0|0|4">-->
            <loadTrigger triggerNode="0>3|1|0|0|0" fillLitersPerSecond="2000" dischargeNode="0>3|1|0|0|1" fillTypes="DRYGRASS_WINDROW" aiNode="0>3|1|0|0|4">
                <effectNode effectClass="PipeEffect" effectNode="0>3|1|0|0|2|0"      materialType="pipe"           fadeTime="0.5" maxBending="0" controlPoint="4.8 0 0 0"/>
                <effectNode                          effectNode="0>3|1|0|0|2|1"      materialType="unloadingSmoke" fadeTime="0.5" />
            </loadTrigger>
        </loadingStation>

<playerTrigger node="0>3|2" />

<sounds>
            <active template="grainMillWork" linkNode="0>" />
        </sounds>
    </productionPoint>

<indoorAreas>
        <indoorArea startNode="0>10" widthNode="0>10|0" heightNode="0>10|1" />
    </indoorAreas>

<ai>
        <updateAreas>
            <updateArea startNode="0>6|0" endNode="0>6|0|0" />
        </updateAreas>
        <splines>
            <spline node="0>8" />
            <spline node="0>9" />
        </splines>
    </ai>

<triggerMarkers>
        <triggerMarker node="0>7|1"   filename="$data/shared/assets/marker/markerIcons.xml" id="LOAD" />
        <triggerMarker node="0>7|0" filename="$data/shared/assets/marker/markerIcons.xml" id="UNLOAD" />
        <triggerMarker node="0>7|2" filename="$data/shared/assets/marker/markerIcons.xml" id="WRENCH" adjustToGround="true" />
    </triggerMarkers>

<hotspots>
        <hotspot type="UNLOADING" linkNode="0>4|1" teleportNode="0>4|2"/>
    </hotspots>

<infoTrigger triggerNode="0>4|3"/>

<colorable>
        <nodes>
            <node node="0>4|0" />
            <node node="0>4|0|0" />
        </nodes>

<colors>
            <color value="0.8 0.05 0.05" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_GREEN" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_RED" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_BLUE" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_OXIDRED" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_LIGHTGREEN" />
            <color value="RUDOLFHOERMANN_BROWN" />
        </colors>
    </colorable>

</placeable>

BTW: Be careful to assume providing horses with a large amount of easily available freshly cut grass is always a good idea.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB