Factory outputs

jmelvin

Factory outputs

Post by jmelvin »

I've been looking at the XMLs of several Giant's and modded factories. From what I can see, the input and output filltype "amounts" are given in liters per cycle. Does anyone know if this holds true when dealing with animals for input filltypes like for a slaughter or butcher production mod? I have found entries like the following:

<production id="whole_chicken" name="$l10n_fillType_whole_chicken" cyclesPerHour="100" costsPerActiveHour="1">
<inputs>
<input fillType="CHICKENS" amount="1" />
</inputs>
<outputs>
<output fillType="WHOLE_CHICKEN" amount="1" />
</outputs>
</production>

That looks to me like the factory would process 1 liter of chicken per hour with 1 liter of whole_chicken as output and would take 10 hours to fill a 1000 liter pallet using 1000 liters of chicken.

I found a mod with revamp as a prerequisite with an entry like the following:

<production id="ROASTBEEF" name="$l10n_fillType_roastbeef" cyclesPerHour="10" costsPerActiveHour="2.5">
<inputs>
<input fillType="COW_SWISS_BROWN" amount="1" mix="1"/>
<input fillType="COW_HOLSTEIN" amount="1" mix="1"/>
<input fillType="COW_ANGUS" amount="1" mix="1"/>
<input fillType="COW_LIMOUSIN" amount="1" mix="1"/>
</inputs>
<outputs>
<output fillType="ROASTBEEF" amount="100" />
</outputs>
</production>

Would that factory produce 100 liters of roastbeef per hour using 1 liter of cow? Or are animals treated differently in factories?
Eische

Re: Factory outputs

Post by Eische »

My best guess is that animals are counted as whole animals. So 1 input cow is not 1 liter, just 1 full cow.

Yes, with the current setup it will take 10hours to fill your 1000 liter whole chicken pallet. But this is only true if you play with 1 day per month. With two days per month it will take 20hours, because production per month is changing with the amount of days per month.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
jmelvin

Post by jmelvin »

With two days per month it will take 20hours, because production per month is changing with the amount of days per month.
Are you sure about that? I have read on some of the forums that the number of days per month does not change the monthly output. The output will be the same for the month no matter how many days are in the month; it just gets distributed across the days. (For example: for a 24-hour output of 36,000 liters, that is considered to be the monthly output; that would be 36,000 liters per day with 1-day months but would be 18,000 liters per day for 2-day months or 12,000 liters per day for 3-day months)

I know the production point XMLs show the production in an amount and cycles per hour which the production manager converts to cycles per month. I think the revamp production manager takes into consideration possible hours of operation and whether multiple active productions are being run in serial vs. parallel when converting to the cycles per month. I have never seen anyone explain how production gets spread out when a factory has limited hours of operation and one is using multiple-day months.
Last edited by jmelvin on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eische

Post by Eische »

jmelvin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:24 pm
With two days per month it will take 20hours, because production per month is changing with the amount of days per month.
Are you sure about that? I have read on some of the forums that the number of days per month does not change the monthly output. The output will be the same for the month no matter how many days are in the month; it just gets distributed across the days. (For example: for a 24-hour output of 36,000 liters, that is considered to be the monthly output; that would be 36,000 liters per day with 1-day months but would be 18,000 liters per day for 2-day months or 12,000 liters per day for 3-day months)

I know the production point XMLs show the production in an amount and cycles per hour which the production manager converts that to cycles per month (with revamp that is based on the hours of operation). I think revamp also takes into consideration whether multiple active productions are being run in serial vs. parallel when converting to the cycles per month.
Ah, sorry. You are right. I wrote this in a hurry and forgot a "not".
My bad.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
jmelvin

Post by jmelvin »

I have been looking into the issue of using animals in factories a little more.

I have found out that this capability was added in Production Revamp version 1.4. The online documentatio for production revamp seems to only be for an earlier version and doesn't cover this capability. The butcher and slaughterhouse mods I looked at show revamp as a prerequisite.

I have taken a closer look at some of those mods and noticed that some use additional entries in the production point's XML. The following is a cut and paste showing the entries for one of the extended animal system animal types:

<productionPoint>
<productions sharedThroughputCapacity="false">
<production id="Rindfleisch" name="$l10n_fillType_beefMeat" mode="hourly" startHour="7" endHour="19" cyclesPerHour="1" costsPerActiveHour="17">
<inputs>
<input fillType="ANGUS" amount="400" mix="1" />
</inputs>
<outputs>
<output fillType="BEEFMEAT" amount="300" />
</outputs>
</production>
</productions>

<animalTrigger triggerNode="animalTrigger">
<inputs>
<input animalSubType="COW_ANGUS" inputFillType="ANGUS" minHealthFactor="90" maxHealthFactor="100" minAgeMonth="22" maxAgeMonth="48" dynamicWeight="true" triggerNode="animalTrigger">
<weight ageMonth="22" value="1000" />
<weight ageMonth="32" value="1200" />
<weight ageMonth="40" value="1500" />
</input>
<input animalSubType="BULL_ANGUS" inputFillType="ANGUS" minHealthFactor="90" maxHealthFactor="100" minAgeMonth="22" maxAgeMonth="48" dynamicWeight="true" triggerNode="animalTrigger">
<weight ageMonth="22" value="900" />
<weight ageMonth="32" value="1400" />
<weight ageMonth="40" value="1550" />
</input>
</animalTrigger>

<storage isExtension="false" fillLevelSyncThreshold="50">
<capacity fillType="ANGUS" capacity="50000" />
<capacity fillType="BEEFMEAT" capacity="150000" />
</storage>

(Note: all of the relative filltypes had entries in the mod's filltypes.xml)

I take it the factory is open from 07:00 to 19:00, accepts deliveries only during those hours, and operates at 1 cycle per hour. Angus cows and bulls between 22-48 months old with a health of 90-100 are accepted for processing and the individual animals are accounted in storage as liters under filltype ANGUS based on the weights shown for the different ages. 400 liters of ANGUS is processed once per hour (between 07:00 and 19:00) into 300 liters of BEEFMEAT. The mod has 1000 liter BEEFMEAT pallets so 3.6 pallets get produced per month using 4800 liters of ANGUS. The number of animals used to acount for that would depend on what ages and sexes were delivered (for example: 6 22-month old bulls leaving 600 liters for the next month, or 4 40-month old cows with 1200 liters for the next month); in other words - 4-6 animals depending on the individual animals that get delivered. Note that the usage for the next month would be affected by the leftover liters from the previous month.

Looking at this, I am thinking that you have to look closely at the entries for a given meat factory to figure out how many animals of a given type get processed per month (especially with multiple day months and possible factory open times. Or, you can keep a close watch on the factory's storage to know when to deliver more animals.