Mods not downloading

Alexv1125

Mods not downloading

Post by Alexv1125 »

I'm a little new here and just started playing Farm sim 22 on xbox. I'm running into a problem where when I want to download a mod map and all the mods it requires to go with it. It installs really slow then when it get to 100% it then start installing again until it then fails and just cancels all together same with the installs the maps wants they just fail. i've tried a few different maps and still the same thing I even installed the game on my pc from xbox and same thing happens. Has this happened to anyone else or am I doing something wrong ? anything helps
Guil

Re: Mods not downloading

Post by Guil »

It sounds like a network issue. You could try rebooting your router and see if it works
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Guil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:01 pm It sounds like a network issue. You could try rebooting your router and see if it works
So i went ahead and tried that and i'm still running into the same issue
Guil

Post by Guil »

Your router is blocking the downloads for some reason
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Guil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:02 pm Your router is blocking the downloads for some reason
any ideas on what i can do I've never had this problem before I even deleted the game and reinstalled it
Guil

Post by Guil »

If it's the router then anything you do on your console or pc with the game will have little to no effect. Has anyone changed nay settings on the router or anything?
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Guil wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:35 pm If it's the router then anything you do on your console or pc with the game will have little to no effect. Has anyone changed nay settings on the router or anything?
nope everything has been the same its the standard router from the internet company
Guil

Post by Guil »

Either hold the reset button on the back of it for about 5 seconds or until the lights flash or login to the web management portal and revert it to factory settings
herrman

Post by herrman »

Maybe it could be the antivirus too...
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Yea so i went ahead and reset the router again and i'm still having the same issue where it just keeps installing but never actually doing it. it's the weirdest issue i've ever had on my xbox series x. The game and Xbox are both up to date.
Guil

Post by Guil »

herrman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:02 pm Maybe it could be the antivirus too...
Not possible because it was first affecting and still is, an xbox. It's defintely home network related
Guil

Post by Guil »

Alexv1125 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:01 pm Yea so i went ahead and reset the router again and i'm still having the same issue where it just keeps installing but never actually doing it. it's the weirdest issue i've ever had on my xbox series x. The game and Xbox are both up to date.
Reset or reboot? 2 very different things. Reset the router by holding the reset button on the back near the power cable, sometimes it's a button and others it's a pinhole to push a needle or a pin into. Hold it until the lights turn off or start blinking. If you know how to login to the router you can do it that way either.

If it still doesn't work then try port forwarding https://www.farming-simulator.com/netwo ... country=br
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Guil wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 pm
Alexv1125 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:01 pm Yea so i went ahead and reset the router again and i'm still having the same issue where it just keeps installing but never actually doing it. it's the weirdest issue i've ever had on my xbox series x. The game and Xbox are both up to date.
Reset or reboot? 2 very different things. Reset the router by holding the reset button on the back near the power cable, sometimes it's a button and others it's a pinhole to push a needle or a pin into. Hold it until the lights turn off or start blinking. If you know how to login to the router you can do it that way either.

If it still doesn't work then try port forwarding https://www.farming-simulator.com/netwo ... country=br
I've done both reset and reboot for the router. ill see if i can try the port forwarding. it just doesn't make sense because its only if I try to install Maps if i install other stuff like tractors it works perfectly fine.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

How’s your internet connection, can you run a hard line to your Xbox?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Since it only happens with maps, which are usually quite large files, how's your available modspace for fs doing?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...